The 2013 AFL Thread Not Under ASADA Investigation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TV's replaying the drawn 2010 GF, that bounce in front of Milne was incredible and I'm not sure even Monfries' was as flukish as that.

When Freo flog you by 95 points at the MCG, that's when you know you're as fucked as it gets. How are Melbourne ever going to bounce back?

Also, Sydney surprisingly limp against the Saints in the first half today. They lead at half time but by no means convincingly.

I watched a part of the second quarter and found they were putting in a satisfactory effort, then I found out they only scored one goal in the second half.

Dogs get 3 off the ball free kicks in the first quarter. Pretty clear who the umpires want to win this match.

Here's a stat for all the Ross Lyon haters out there.

Scores of 48 or less conceded by Fremantle

1995-2011 (Neesham/Drum/Allan/Connolly/Harvey) - three in 380 games
2012-now (Lyon) - 11 in 44 games

A grand final featuring Freo would be torture, though I have my doubts that they'll get that far. I think they'll fall just short; I can't imagine an offense like theirs (currently 11th) outscoring Hawthorn or Geelong.

Now that was a prime example of the umpires changing momentum. Yes, how about we give out a couple of soft free kicks with 2 minutes left to keep them within 9, right?

Dangerfield gets taken out and sent flying metres without the ball and we get nothing.

Time and time again whenever we have momentum we get burned by the umpires. It's happened in half a dozen of our close matches in just this year.

Dwayne Russell should be thrown into a bottomless pit, the amount of barracking he does is pathetic.

What will it take to combat constant umpiring incompetency? This is the worst officiated sport on this planet, how the fuck do you change it?

Well I completely disagree with your umpiring conspiracies Vlad, but we can completely agree about Dickhead Russell.

Doggies really are improving late in the season and setting a decent foundation for next year after they almost sunk to the deepest depths mid-season. Good on them. Though the fuckers just cost me a tip.

Of course you disagree with my 'consipracies,' even though it's been a recurring pattern this year?

In your world, sure.

PS If you think Aussie Rules is the worst officiated sport in the world, let me introduce you to Wayne Barnes.

Vlad's not alone. I saw Peef post a hell of a lot about umpires in the NBA thread, mostly re Miami (g'day peef if you're readin)

A grand final featuring Freo would be torture, though I have my doubts that they'll get that far. I think they'll fall just short; I can't imagine an offense like theirs (currently 11th) outscoring Hawthorn or Geelong.

They won't make it, mark my words. Prelim at best.

Another day in which I regret ever getting into AFL. How do you stop caring anyway?

My dream is a Freo vs Richmond grand final. Won't happen this year I know, but it'd be great if it did - one fanbase yet to taste premiership success, and another struggling to remember what it tastes like. Whoever wins, footy would be the real winner.

Another day in which I regret ever getting into AFL. How do you stop caring anyway?

I haven't seen any Adelaide games this year, but the umpiring at AFL level is generally good. Maybe tonight was bad. But every team cops the rough end of the stick at some point. But if we tallied up your posts, I'd say the percentage of times you've mentioned umpiring as a factor would be quite high. I love your passion and you posting in here, don't get me wrong, but Axver is right - good teams win regardless of the umpiring the absolute majority of the time. Occasionally teams get fucked over, but there's little I hate more than people thinking there's an umpiring conspiracy against their club.

My dream is a Freo vs Richmond grand final. Won't happen this year I know, but it'd be great if it did - one fanbase yet to taste premiership success, and another struggling to remember what it tastes like. Whoever wins, footy would be the real winner.

First grand final with less than 100 points scored between the two sides?

Free kicks:
Crows: 21
Bulldogs: 21

While leading in nearly every statistical category, the Bulldogs also kicked extremely well; 20 goals to 11 behinds.

However inopportune the timing, the Bulldogs made the most of their calls. Umpires suck, but there's no denying that the Bulldogs are improving.

First grand final with less than 100 points scored between the two sides?

1927 Grand Final:

Collingwood 2.13 25
Richmond 1.7 13

:tongue:

(You'll be unsurprised to learn it was played in appalling weather.)

What's worse, Vlad? The umpiring, Adelaide's players, or its coach? You've given all of them a fair spray over the last year or two. :wink:

1170832_579609478769824_81929687_n.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom