The 2013 AFL Thread Not Under ASADA Investigation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't wanna say it's Woosha, but who knows? Most of the players seem to have lost faith in something, and I don't know if it's him, or this season, or themselves. Certainly there's a bunch of big injuries too, but it just seems to be deeper. It's so frustrating. I want to think that the boys will be out there fighting for a flag next year, all rested up and ready to go, but nothing of late has convinced me that they're anywhere near the best sides right now. I'm just glad Essendon's such a ballsup that it's keeping eyes off of the Eagles' shittiness.

I think the Eagles and Crows are at pretty similar positions right now, exc. the fact that Worsfold is a proven quality coach while Sanderson is a potato.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you totally keen on Sanderson last year?

What good has Worsfold done this year? One of the few occasions where I think a coach may be best replaced?

Sanderson is still new, give him another couple of seasons. Doesn't help when your forward ace misses most of the season.

Walker loss was pretty big but we should've won more matches than we have.

What good has Worsfold done this year? One of the few occasions where I think a coach may be best replaced?

Sanderson is still new, give him another couple of seasons. Doesn't help when your forward ace misses most of the season.

I truly don't believe the problem lies with Woosha. Deserves another season or two.

edit: wow no can spel

Port flopping against Freo big time, turned the ball over 20 metres in their back 50. Ballantyne fell over himself trying to soccer a goal and somehow it was still paid a goal.

I'm stunned Essendon's in front at half-time. Really thought we'd get blown away by quarter time but we've got some of our intensity from earlier in the season back. Hope it can be sustained for the rest of the game, but Carlton look very dangerous when they get on the attack.

As for the Freo vs Port game, holy shit. Freo's defence is amazing, we know that, but they've been developing a quality offence over the second half of this season and I think they will be a serious finals threat.

Big third quarter by the Blues there. Essendon have battled hard but I think Carlton have got this.

Oh my god I'd forgotten just how purely exciting footy can be! There's something special about watching your team win a close one and the last five minutes of the game were insane. I don't watch footy for off-field drama and shit, I just want to sit back on the weekend and have some excitement, and amidst all the bullshit over the last month I'd lost touch with just how amazing it can be when your team kicks the odds in the guts and fights through for a tense, nailbiting win. Just an amazing feeling. The All Blacks and Essendon winning back-to-back - you better believe I can't stop grinning. Loved watching the team sing the song, getting Hirdy and all the coaching staff into the circle.

The stupid thing about this is that we have a 5% chance of making the finals still.

Kicking 11.20 could have gotten us the win. :lol: What a fucking sorry effort with the season on the line. I hate my team.

Gold Coast. :( They were developing a nice little lead over St Kilda in the middle of the second quarter, but now halfway through the third they're being put to the sword. I thought they'd repeat their feats of earlier in the season and knock off the Saints again, this time claiming their first non-Dees scalp in Melbourne.

Oh my god I'd forgotten just how purely exciting footy can be! There's something special about watching your team win a close one and the last five minutes of the game were insane. I don't watch footy for off-field drama and shit, I just want to sit back on the weekend and have some excitement, and amidst all the bullshit over the last month I'd lost touch with just how amazing it can be when your team kicks the odds in the guts and fights through for a tense, nailbiting win. Just an amazing feeling. The All Blacks and Essendon winning back-to-back - you better believe I can't stop grinning. Loved watching the team sing the song, getting Hirdy and all the coaching staff into the circle.

Totally. But man, in my experience it's even sweeter to see your team win a close one in the face of all that off drama shit. Bittersweet, in some ways. I never try to make off-field stuff effect my enjoyment of the game, but it can definitely enhance the feeling of victory - or defeat.

Oh Vlad, next Saturday's going to be so much fun. The winner will be whoever falls on their arses the least. :cute:

Can you let us win by 5-6 goals and you then get a good pick in the draft please.

Dogs nearly pulled off the second-biggest comeback in VFA/VFL/AFL history today. Plenty to build on for next year.

Shattered the Saints beat Gold Coast, stoked Richmond demolished GWS.

Here's hoping North gets a finals gig.

Meanwhile I am going to continue thoroughly enjoying being paid a full day's work for watching local footy. Fucking love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom