The 2007 Emmys!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
and prison break starts tomorrow... and i can't wait :drool:

I watched all of Season 1.

Saw none of Season 2.

Have Season 3 set to be recorded on my Tivo.

I guess I just like when they're in prison. No prison jokes needed. Eh, go ahead.

phillyfan26 said:
Do you know who's country this is? Apparently, it's ours.

You fuck.

I was just about to post that in the MLB thread, cos the commercial just popped up during the game. About the 15th time I've seen it today.

I'm loving the Broken Trail, Prime Suspect, and Tony Bennett lovefests going on, it'll lead into the Sopranos lovefest shortly.

Outstanding Reality Competition Program
Winner: "The Amazing Race" (2001)

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie
Winner: Helen Mirren for Prime Suspect: The Final Act (2006) (TV)

Outstanding Made for Television Movie
Winner: Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee (2007) (TV)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie
Winner: Judy Davis for "The Starter Wife" (2007) (mini)

Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Special
Winner: Tony Bennett: An American Classic (2006) (TV)

Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Series
Winner: "The Daily Show" (1996)

Outstanding Miniseries
Winner: Broken Trail (2006) (TV)

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie
Winner: Robert Duvall for Broken Trail (2006) (TV)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Winner: Katherine Heigl for "Grey's Anatomy" (2005)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or Movie
Winner: Thomas Haden Church for Broken Trail (2006) (TV)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Winner: Jaime Pressly for "My Name Is Earl" (2005)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
Winner: Terry O'Quinn for "Lost" (2004)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
Winner: Jeremy Piven for "Entourage" (2004)

Outstanding Reality Program (Previously Announced)
Winner: "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List" (2005)

Outstanding Animated Program (Previously Announced)
Winner: "South Park" (1997)

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
Winner: Ricky Gervais for "Extras" (2005)

Am I the only one that thinks the censorship on Sally Field was completely uncalled for? Why did they have to cut away and silence everything else she had to say? Just bleep the curse word and let her continue.

Wait, wait...this is FOX.

PlaTheGreat said:
Am I the only one that thinks the censorship on Sally Field was completely uncalled for? Why did they have to cut away and silence everything else she had to say? Just bleep the curse word and let her continue.

It was ridiculous. The entire telecast was sloppy save for a few solid moments... all of them involving someone from The Office actually.

PlaTheGreat said:

That happened at least 2 or 3 times thru the evening. I was wondering what the hell happened! :huh:

I know it happened earlier in the show, but I couldn't figure out what had happened. I wasn't paying attention to what was being said.

However, when I saw where Sally Field was going, especially after touching the war subject. She just looked like she was DYING to say something controversial. And now we will never know what she said beyond:
If the mothers ruled the war there would be no goddamn war! (extra 3 seconds)

Hopefully it was something that begins with F and ends with Bush. :wink:

Zootlesque said:
or starts with F and ends with Fox. :wink:

:rockon:

I just rewound it and saw the bigger gap in the beginning.
He starts off with:
A lot has changed in TV in two years. For one, from what I hear Frasier is... (4 seconds)
WE HAVE TV CHILDREN!

:huh:
:curious:

Yeah, what the hell happened there?

I only say that because that moment woke me from the trance caused by Ray Romano's painfully unfunny stand-up bit, or whatever he likes to call it.

Thumbs way up to Ricky Gervais and 30 Rock winning...everything else, not so much. Although love for Prime Suspect is always welcome.

PlaTheGreat said:
The best part of the entire Emmys is when Steve Carrell accepted the award for Ricky Gervais.

:combust:

and Kanye vs. Dwight.

and seeing that Lou Gossett Jr. can still kick ass.

Not so great was Fox's clunky, overeager "live" editing. In this era of FCC pressure and network timidity, viewers were reminded at least three times that the show was on a few seconds' tape delay, with a trigger-happy censor sanitizing the dialogue by awkwardly inserting an eerily quiet wide shot of the Shrine interior.

Getting the silent treatment: a crack by presenter Ray Romano about his former co-star Patricia Heaton sleeping with new co-star Kelsey Grammer; winner Sally Field taking the Lord's name in vain; and "Grey's Anatomy" star Katherine Heigl, who mouthed a certain four-letter s-word when she heard her name announced as a winner.

Maybe the Emmys should just move over to cable.

I don't know what the ratings are gonna look like, I know that I only occasionally checked it, between watching two New England sporting events.

When Stewart and Colbert were presenting, I kept expecting Colbert to go nuts about losing to a singer in a one-time show again(Bennett), like he did last year to Manilow. Never happened.

it was a yawnfest but the highlight for was steve carell, stephen colbert and jon stewart on the same stage and lewis black's rant. the lyric rap game thingy had the potential to be funny but was way too rushed.

elevation2u said:
it was a yawnfest but the highlight for was steve carell, stephen colbert and jon stewart on the same stage and lewis black's rant. the lyric rap game thingy had the potential to be funny but was way too rushed.

I must concur. And I need to find a screencap of Carell/Colbert/Stewart together! :lol:

ETA: this will have to do for now :happy:

Last edited:
I was trying to watch two other things at the same time as the awards, but I gave up on the Emmys. I find Ryan Seacrest to be extremely annoying. I did see Spader beat out Gandolfini, which really surprised me. And I love America Ferrera so much, she gave a lovely speech and she looked gorgeous.

america_ferrera.jpg

Back
Top Bottom