Setlist Discussion Part II - Spoilers Allowed, Enter At Your Own Risk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
biggest shakeup yet - Seconds performed for the first time since 1985. Two Hearts was the album version. both sounded awesome, very glad to see them giving War its due for its 40th...now if they can revive Surrender, give Drowning Man its long awaited debut, and close the show with 40, we'd really be talking!

Live stream was excellent tonight. Loved Gloria at the end of Beautiful Day right into Glorify.

If I hadn’t seen Two Hearts at MSG I&E, I’d be peeved. Seconds belonged full band on E&I.

Hope they keep mixing it up. Vocal crowd might help them realize how the depth of their catalogue is loved.

Even in an acoustic version Two Hearts rocked pretty well there; probably a testament to how prominent Adam's parts are on War in general.

So they only played 3.5 songs instead of the usual 4? Not sure why they couldn't just finish Seconds.

Just wanna say, Joyful and I were there last night. We’re still talking about seeing Seconds. That was rad.

So cool to see Seconds!! Seems like they accidentally ended it early lol but it sounded great, only wished Bono harmonized with Edge in the chorus. Alas, hope they play it again!

Nearly a 40 year gap in that being played… insane.

Just wanna say, Joyful and I were there last night. We’re still talking about seeing Seconds. That was rad.

Awesome! Happy you were there for it! I would love the War tracks at the show I'm going to next month.

Seems like Bono just doesn’t know the words to Seconds. Wonder if they do it again if he would try to do his verses or just leave it to Edge.

Somewhat jealous to miss a War set, that album is very special to me. Although would have been bummed if I got a War set without NYD.

...and tonight it's right back to business as usual.

Sad.

It's still a really good show, even with the static setlist of R&H songs. AIWIY, AOH, and Desire are good sing a longs for casuals and LRM is kinda the political statement song. Most people only see 1 show and there's still lots of casuals attending for the venue. I know we all want deep cuts and rotations. I'm happy I got to do a show each from GA and 300 seat. I still watch a show at least once a week on youtube to see how it's going. They appear to be really loose onstage and having a ball, not to mention they are playing great and sound in top form. I would love to go back and see it again, static setlist or not.

Back
Top Bottom