Setlist Discussion Part II - Spoilers Allowed, Enter At Your Own Risk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don’t like what I see here :wink:
Extreme was awesome when we saw them in August, as was Living Colour.

The jewelry case was kind of out of the way almost to the registers.

Yes, Extreme and Living Color were excellent in August. We were at the Anaheim show.

Thanks for the Jewelry case heads up. Hoping to find what I'm looking for there. I need to enjoy Zoo Station as I don't yet have tickets for U2....it's all I've got.

Cult of Personality is one of the most underappreciated rock songs of the late 80s. and it especially slaps when Kyle Schwarber walks up to bat to it and hits a dinger.

Last edited:
Okay, some initial thoughts after my first night...

Had a decent spot in the middle of the stage a rows back. Practically everyone around me was nice and drama free, and just fun to talk to. Made the experience all the better!

Not sure what people in the seats thought of the whole DJ set, but people seemed to enjoy him where I was at.

The Show:
Zoo Station and The Fly lived up to every expectation I had and then some. Easily the highlights.

LOVED the new graphics for Ultra Violet. A longtime favorite of mine, so I enjoy every chance to hear it. Even Bram's new fills at the end of the song don't really take me out of it.

My ears are not ringing and the sound was excellent where I was at. They weren't lying when they said this place was built for sound, along with the effects and such. We'll see if it's a true game changer for live music, but I'm already sold on it's potential.

Crowd seemed to be a bit lost in parts, but definitely picked up speed once the encore was underway.

Bram was very, very good. And I agree that the way he hits does make a difference with the band's overall live sound... and not in a bad way.

Loved hearing So Cruel and Love is Blindness finally. Even old numbers like One and Mysterious Ways were good fun and enjoyable.

Not too many complaints on the set list overall. Even if Rattle and Hum keeps getting played, it's just nice to see them back and in the thick of things after almost half a decade. Right now, I'm a happy camper!

Will be doing Round 2 tomorrow, but if I forget anything, I'll throw it out there later.

So tonight they are once again Rattling and Humming. At this point do we just accept that that's the default setlist, and every rare once in awhile they'll play ISHF and Pride instead?

So tonight they are once again Rattling and Humming. At this point do we just accept that that's the default setlist, and every rare once in awhile they'll play ISHF and Pride instead?

Probably. They could at the very least alternate every other show, says I who got PITNOLed twice last weekend.

Of course I say that and then they switch it up. Still Haven't Found instead of AOH I think (hard to find accurate reporting). Although, that still keeps what I said true.

Yep. We got I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For instead of Angel of Harlem tonight.

Enjoyed the show tonight as well. Bono seemed to be more keen on snippets overall, which was a change of pace from last night. Also got emotional during multiple songs tonight, which didn't seem to be the case last night other than Streets, which I figured might've been something he did at a few of the shows?

Breezing in to note that the idea that the band that gave us Popmart..and every other visually stunning assault on our senses type production level since - could somehow overwhelm us? Cmon now

Yea I think you were drunk

I wish I had been, it might have made their renditions tolerable lol… maybe they felt emboldened by the anonymity of it all

The best part was walking out of the men’s room and seeing the faces of the women waiting for their men. Probably praying it wasn’t one of theirs.. either that or knowing it was :lol:

Potty break during the show? In GA probably just fine. In seated areas, you're pissing people off if you go mid song. Especially one I've waiting years to hear live. Trust me.:angry:

Potty break during the show? In GA probably just fine. In seated areas, you're pissing people off if you go mid song. Especially one I've waiting years to hear live. Trust me.:angry:

Uh.. have you seen this show yet? You better take a couple extra tolerance doses if someone leaving to use the bathroom mid song is gonna bother ya. Way worse offenses happening..by the minute :lol:

It’s even worse when the person next to you just shits themselves in their concert diaper. Like wtf, hold it in.

Some of us accepted this over a week ago.

Well a week ago is when they basically completely switched up the set list on show 4, adding ISHF, Pride, and MLK. At that point, it seemed like the rotating thing could be true. It was really when they brought RAH back immediately after on wednesday that it didn't seem the case.

I fully expected the same setlist every single night going in. Bono saying they'd play different songs in that section obviously changed that thought temporarily, but yes it's hardly surprising.

Maybe they'll switch it up after the F1 break.

Pretty much. I figured that rotating songs might be wishful thinking beforehand, but it was really Bono's "rotating album" statement opening night that fueled all these false expectations and hopeful speculations.

And yeah, maybe "rotating" means the first set of shows are default RAH with occasional swaps. Then Nov/Dec it's default something else (Zooropa?) with occasional swaps. And then maybe a third default album if they come back in January. Or they just go with RAH the whole time (maybe more likely).

Last edited:
Well a week ago is when they basically completely switched up the set list on show 4, adding ISHF, Pride, and MLK. At that point, it seemed like the rotating thing could be true. It was really when they brought RAH back immediately after on wednesday that it didn't seem the case.

I already gave up when Night #2 was the same as #1.

Substituting in some generic war horses the next week didn't make me more optimistic, at all. Not after knowing what they supposedly rehearsed. If you still had your hopes up, that's on you.

I told you to keep that between us

Headache in a Depends

The problem is the deep cuts on the AB album take up all the allowed deep cut spots in the setlist. If they did an acoustic set of all unknown Zooropa songs, then after that played 4 deep cuts from AB, they’d totally lose the crowd. Hence why even the acoustic set has to be more hits.

If it was 8 hits, a 4 song acoustic set, then 4 more hits, then an encore full of hits, they could get away with this album centric acoustic set in the middle.

As much as I’d prefer a mini set devoted to Zooropa or Pop, it was never gonna happen with this band.

oh no, look what I started. anyway, just hold it people its only a 2 hour show. Or don't pre game with tacos burritos, and Natty Ice

Numb (The Runs // Incontinence Mix)

Don't plead
Don't whisper
Don't wish
Don’t speak
Don’t talk
Don't run if you can walk

Don't move
Don’t struggle
Don't crawl
Don’t gape
Don't hover at the gate