Rock and Hall of Fame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Val said:
I was thinking I do hope Chrissy sings with them. She did backup for them on... I think it was the UF album.

didn't she do backup vocals on the Joshua Tree - ISHFWILF?

T LEAST FOR ME ARW.....BEING HERE IN nyc ABOUT HALF A MILE AWAY FROM THE wSALDORF ON THE NET GETTING AT LEAST PRETTY TImELY YOU-ARE-THERE [SORTA :D] REPORTs ooopps sorry pinky slip on the caps key...i have to look down for typing-- is exciting enough for me... and sharing it with you all across the country...i love that wheeeee :up:

Though OF COURSE I wish it was a live visual/audio feed!!! :drool:

Last edited:
arw9797 said:

Good lord....no need for the snotty remarks. Thanks for pointing it out to me that they've never been inducted before. I'm just wondering why this is so exciting right now at this very moment when all we've had is a handful of Bono pics and that's all. I think it will be alot more exciting on Saturday night when we can watch it.

Really, relax. I know we'll all love watching them on Saturday night. I understand it may be puzzling that many of us online are interested in hearing the news about the awards as it breaks. I tried to explain it, U2Girl tried to explain it, Trish tried to explain it, you don't get it...so no big deal. I'm not trying to flame you, just trying to point out that despite the fact that you have seen *other* HOF inductions, (of other bands, presumably) this one (for me) is exciting.

ruffian said:
I getcha :wink: the band are going to be playing live, and we'll have the report (hopefully in detail) about how it went...so it's a way of sharing a moment with them and with each other. same reason we all watched the grammy's together.

Very nicely said!! :hug: It's important to us, and we can't be there...so we're sharing it with people that it's equally important to.

12:05
Teh U2 video history comes on to much applause. We are going to have a midnight show. "We have unfinished business with U2 - we're not done." Whoa, they were young in 1980.

Bruce Springsteen inducts U2 - very nice, lively speech. Compares U2 to the greats. Says Irish and Italians come through the door with fists and hearts exposed. A real band, even a democracy. He says democracy is disaster in a band but somehow U2 pulls it off: "In Iraq maybe, in rock, NEVER."

The Edge: a rare and true guitar original. Think Jimi Hendrix, Neil Young, Chuck Berry, The Edge - enormous space and vast landscapes. held down by Adam Clayton's bass and Larry Mullen's Jr's great rhythm that holds the sound down, that hits below the belt, that gives the band its sexuality. Very modern rhythms, very syncopated. Bruce is a poet.

Larry is the good looking one, something we forgot to do in the E Street Band. Bono - master operator, soon a franchise where 1000 stories will be told. A great front man - shaman, shyster, a naked messianic complex (takes one to know one, says Bruce) - before there was James Brown there was Jesus. Gifted with a voice shot through with self-doubt, very fragile and real, the constant questioning, he sings from deep within the band, one of the great front men of the last 20 years. Beautiful songwriting - he names the tunes - in the music you hear spirituality as home and as quest.

Bands get formed by accident but they don't stay together by accident. The yremain at the top of their game after 25 years.

"Larry Mullen's Jr's great rhythm that holds the sound down, that hits below the belt, that gives the band its sexuality" :heart: :drool:

This about Bono from Bruce:

" Gifted with a voice shot through with self-doubt, very fragile and real, the constant questioning, he sings from deep within the band, one of the great front men of the last 20 years. Beautiful songwriting - he names the tunes - in the music you hear spirituality as home and as quest."

:sad:

VintagePunk said:

Um, I'm going to make her sign up for her own account. :lol:

Here she is...she can type for herself!

Can't say I've learned about that. So far, we've talked about current events for a month. I like current events, but I'd just gotten out of my Ancient Civ class, and I was all ready to continue, and... nothing. It's like sitting for an hour and hitting your head against a wall.

Aww VP :hug:
Ya know I love ya :wink:

Just wanted to be sure Sarah there knew that I can chat about more than my Bono lust :tongue:

Pictures should start rolling in any sec!

:hyper:

capt.nyjj12303150511.music_rock_hall_of_fame_nyjj123.jpg

Hi! :wave:

I just jumped online and am speed-reading the previous 19 pages to get caught up! Beautiful pix!!!!

This is so exciting!!!!!!! :hyper:

So amazing to have been able to grow up with U2 for all these years :)

LOL! - I saw one comment above that said something like "I remember thinking U2 would be inducted at the 25 year mark in their career, and that seemed so far away. It really went by fast!" - I am paraphrasing that quote badly - sorry!

But I know what you mean! I really do! :lmao:

Ah, I do feel old. But it is not so bad! ;)

Ali and Jordan look lovely in those photos, and Bono... :drool:

I too hope that Jordan finally gets to meet Justin Timberlake...even though I find him sort of smarmy, if she likes him it'd be nice for her to meet him.

BTW - VintagePunk - your daughter sounds like a riot! The quotes from her and her drawing cracked me up! :)

It is so nice to share this with you all! :hug:

Peace and 25YearU2Love,

Jenny
HowthGirl

PS - OH! That quote from Bruce!!! OMG! Beautiful! Yay Bruce!!! Yay Bono!!! Yay U2!!!!!! :applaud:

Bands get formed by accident but they don't stay together by accident. They remain at the top of their game after 25 years.

Bruce recalls watching TV and hearing "One, dos, tres, catorce" - the iPod commercial - "No, they've sold out!"

The next morning Bruce calls Jon Landau, he says they didn't take any money for the iPod ad - "Wiley Irish guys, anyone can do an ad and take the money."

ruffian said:
"Larry Mullen's Jr's great rhythm that holds the sound down, that hits below the belt, that gives the band its sexuality" :heart: :drool:

"Adam Clayton's bass AND Larry Mullen's Jr's great rhythm that holds the sound down, that hits below the belt, that gives the band its sexuality."

Let's not forget Adam. :wink:

That was a great speech . I do wish he had of mentioned Adam. U2 would not be U2 without all four.These four guys are one of the reasons I love the music so much. Take one out and it is not U2.there is a certain mgic to a band that has never changed its lineup in 25 plus years.
Did Bruce mention Adam and I missed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom