Rock and Hall of Fame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VintagePunk said:

Glad you could join us! :hug: The picture is quite good, if I do say so myself...and funny, too. At least the caption. Evidence of my wishful thinking. :) I should scan it...

Thank you! :hug: :hug:

Yes, I'd love to see a scan!

Sarah is lucky to be able to draw. I can only draw stick people and they aren't even convincing stick people!

trish0860 said:
You know what's cool? We're all gonna be sitting here on Saturday night doing this all over again.

Only cool to me? Okay then. :wink:

I'll be at my brother's...I'm in Canada, and we don't get VH1 here, but he has satellite. I'm taping it, though. So I can watch it over once or twice. :lol:

trish0860 said:
ruffian, thanks for posting that. That speech was so awesome!
Bono is such a poet--what an amazing lyricist! That whole speech just kills me (and I loved Marley).

c'mon Eric *nudging him in the ribs* get a move on!

VintagePunk said:

(I'm stealing the computer away for a second.)

There's such thing as non-Bono lust conversation? Because, if you talk to my mom long enough, you start forgetting that... :D

I tried drawing a picture of The Edge. He... well, he ALMOST looks human...

:laugh:
Well....I can supress it, when neccessary. But it can get sketchy....:wink:
People are *so* hard to draw..I haven't made any attempts at U2 yet..someday tho.

ruffian said:

yep--bet he will (yay Clash! Yay Sex Pistols!!! Yay Joy Division!)

:shame: now wait just one min :hug: ruffian.....

BEFORE there was the Sex Pistols the clash et al...there was Patti Smith Band & Television & the ramones.....when THOSE bands came over to england that's who U2 heard of & were originally inspired by! :wink:

Val said:
My butt hurts from sitting in this chair!
:lmao: my dogs have thrown in the towel and have retreated to their dog bed on the floor...

285mc0

dazzledbylight said:

:shame: now wait just one min :hug: ruffian.....

BEFORE there was the Sex Pistols the clash et al...there was Patti Smith Band & Television & the ramones.....when THOSE bands came over to england that who U@ heard of & were originally inspired by! :wink:
I'm totally with you...cannot forget Patti...and the Ramones...OMG :bow: saw them at least 15 times...

Think about it... u2 at the R and R hall of fame. This might go on all night! To be rich and famous and at THAT show!

Lisa71 said:

:lol: I was just gonna say that!!

Hee! and the "some bands have talent but they don't have IT. U2 had no talent, all we had was IT" - a bad paraphrase again, sorry! :reject: But do you know which quote I mean?

I also suspect the word "extraordinary" will pop up in the speech;)

:giggle: I am not making fun of Bono! Just teasing a little - it is cute how he reuses stuff that works...he finds a good quote, he sticks to it! Damn he is adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom