Rock and Hall of Fame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
suen said:
That was a great speech . I do wish he had of mentioned Adam. U2 would not be U2 without all four.These four guys are one of the reasons I love the music so much. Take one out and it is not U2.there is a certain mgic to a band that has never changed its lineup in 25 plus years.

:yes:

U2Soul said:

"Adam Clayton's bass AND Larry Mullen's Jr's great rhythm that holds the sound down, that hits below the belt, that gives the band its sexuality."

Let's not forget Adam. :wink:

good point! i can't believe i didn't paste in Adam :reject:

Last edited:
Who said he forgot Adam? This is not the whole speech, but even then, there is a lil mention...

The Edge: a rare and true guitar original. Think Jimi Hendrix, Neil Young, Chuck Berry, The Edge - enormous space and vast landscapes. held down by Adam Clayton's bass and Larry Mullen's Jr's great rhythm that holds the sound down, that hits below the belt, that gives the band its sexuality. Very modern rhythms, very syncopated. Bruce is a poet

Nerfherder said:

I thought it was Pride... :scratch: Hmm. I need to dig out the CD and check.

It was Pride on UF. The "whoa oh oh os'" toward the end. She is actually listed on the credits as "Mrs Christine Kerr" as she was married to Simple Minds' Jim Kerr at he time, and both he and she were buddies with U2.

Oh - the text of Bruce's speech is making me cry!!!!!!!

Want.To.Be.There.At.Waldorf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

nurse chrissi said:

52417750.jpg

Doesn't that older gentleman in this picture looked similiar to Edge's dad? Just thought I'd point that out while we are waiting for new pictures. :wink:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Aww VP :hug:
Ya know I love ya :wink:

Just wanted to be sure Sarah there knew that I can chat about more than my Bono lust :tongue:

(I'm stealing the computer away for a second.)

There's such thing as non-Bono lust conversation? Because, if you talk to my mom long enough, you start forgetting that... :D

I tried drawing a picture of The Edge. He... well, he ALMOST looks human...

Val said:
it's a good speech, but he is no Bono...
i know--remember Bono's speech for Bob Marley? Freakin' amazing! It was like poetry...

Lisa71 said:

Doesn't that older gentleman in this picture looked similiar to Edge's dad? Just thought I'd point that out while we are waiting for new pictures. :wink:

I think you're onto something! :wink:

Miroslava said:
Who said he forgot Adam? This is not the whole speech, but even then, there is a lil mention...

I just wanted to point out that the blogger's original quote DID mention Adam, not just Larry.

ok, have to post a quick excerpt of the Marley speech by Bono even though it is off topic:

Rock-and-roll loves its juvenilia, its caricatures, its cartoons, the protest singer, the gospel singer, the pop star, the sex god, your more mature messiah types. We love the extremes and we’re expected to choose... the mud of the blues or the oxygen of the gospel, it hellbound on our trail or the band of angels. Marley didn't choose. Marley didn't walk down the middle, he raced to the edges, embracing all extremes and creating a oneness. His oneness; One Love.

He wanted everything at the same time and was everything at the same time: prophet, sole rebel, Rastaman, herbsman, wild man, a natural mystic man, ladies man, island man, family man, Rita’s man, soccer man, showman, shaman, human, JAMAICAN!"

ruffian said:

i know--remember Bono's speech for Bob Marley? Freakin' amazing! It was like poetry...

Oh! I remember that! Beautiful!!!!!

And his speeach to Frank Sinatra at...was it The Grammy's the one year? Freaking amazing!!!!

Sorry to forget the venue of that one - but I am old now and the memory goes quickly! ;)

starsgoblue said:
How much you wanna bet Bono says, "We came from punk rock" tonight? :rolleyes: :laugh:

yep--bet he will (yay Clash! Yay Sex Pistols!!! Yay Joy Division!)

You know what's cool? We're all gonna be sitting here on Saturday night doing this all over again.

Only cool to me? Okay then. :wink:

HowthGirl said:
Hi! :wave:

BTW - VintagePunk - your daughter sounds like a riot! The quotes from her and her drawing cracked me up! :)

It is so nice to share this with you all! :hug:

Peace and 25YearU2Love,

Jenny
HowthGirl

PS - OH! That quote from Bruce!!! OMG! Beautiful! Yay Bruce!!! Yay Bono!!! Yay U2!!!!!! :applaud:

Glad you could join us! :hug: The picture is quite good, if I do say so myself...and funny, too. At least the caption. Evidence of my wishful thinking. :) I should scan it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom