Randoooooooooooooom: Ice Dancing Toward Toll House Cookie Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have LOST on tv. I have not clue 1 what is happening. I occasionally get to see Hawaii tho :reject:
Worked all day and it was dead. Gorgeous outside. Bedtime soon, gotta be up at 5 and to work by 7.

I never watched that show. I always wanted to but I just never got into it. Weather was so nasty here today. Rain all morning and then hot and humid.

It is pretty toasty here right now (not even 6 am), 72 degrees. It is also very humid. Kinda pretty w/ the haze hanging over the field behind us.

I think I will wear a t shirt and then change when the store opens. Stocking/setting this morning and the air conditioning has been iffy at best. I can be a sweaty mess for the day :happy:

I think I will wear a t shirt and then change when the store opens. Stocking/setting this morning and the air conditioning has been iffy at best. I can be a sweaty mess for the day :happy:

I was out and about today and the stores clearly were not prepared for the early heat. I don't think the air was on at all in one of the stores. I felt so bad for the employees.

I got lazy at the last minute this morning and just dressed for work. Sweat was just pouring off me after 20 minutes. The air conditioning is, like I said, iffy and it also doesn't get turned on until a hour before the store opens. When I left it was cool in quite a few area EXCEPT the center core, which is where Home Store is. Looooooong, hot, day.

I actually have a small heat rash :happy:

I love LOST and thought the finale was great, but every time I try to explain LOST to someone who isn't familiar with it, I sound like a complete idiot. :lol:

Was reading the thread this morning and listening to people talk about it on the radio.
Some day when I can concentrate on it alone, I will watch it.

So it's humid.
It is also warm.
I can suck it up.
Dad refuses to turn on the air.
Mom is pissed.
Anyone wanna be me for the night?

So it's humid.
It is also warm.
I can suck it up.
Dad refuses to turn on the air.
Mom is pissed.
Anyone wanna be me for the night?

that is one thing I never have to worry about in this house :tsk: The air is on full blast all summer but the heat is virtually shut off all winter. :| I'm always freezing my ass off no matter what time of year it is....

:huh: I just found a brand new pair of jeans from the Gap in my closet. They look like I've never worn them. I don't remember where I got them and can't figure out how I never noticed them before with all of the cleaning I've done in the past few months. I also don't know why I'd spend that much money on a pair of jeans and then never wear them. I vaguely remember an internet order in Phx with my sister right when I first moved there but I didn't think it was from Gap. It must have been because I have no clue where they came from otherwise. Guess I have new jeans to wear to job #2 this week. :)

^ Surprise new jeans :up:

Am awake. Was hoping to catch the hazy fog this morning and take some pics. Nope. Hazy fog is north of us this morning. Oh well :shrug:
Going up to 88 humid degrees. Mom and dad should be fun to be around :happy:

For the most part the reaction to the postponement of the tour has been :up:
There are the occasional posts that just make you :crack::banghead::tsk::crack::crack:

Partial paralysis? Bone fragments in spinal canal? :yikes:
What pain must he have been in?

For the most part the reaction to the postponement of the tour has been :up:
There are the occasional posts that just make you :crack::banghead::tsk::crack::crack:

Partial paralysis? Bone fragments in spinal canal? :yikes:
What pain must he have been in?

:yikes: All of it sounds bad. I'm kinda bummed, mostly because I REALLY wanted to go to Seattle and that was a great excuse, but oh well. We'll see what 2011 brings.

Now I'm trying to motivate myself to get off my ass and go for a walk. I was going to go to a class at the gym but I forgot to bring my sneakers to work and now I'm just all blah.

Once you get outside there will be no "blah". Blah will disappear :)
The great outdoors did wonders for me this morning :up:
Now, gogogogogogogogogogo!

I went. I feel slightly less blah. :) I also have two new books to read, since I drove to Barnes & Nobel in Indianapolis rush-hour traffic (Now with 75% less rush!) and I had a gift card and I had to get SOMETHING.

I still have a B&N gift card since Christmas and I've yet to get anything.

I hope the Minnesota show is on a date I can go. That's one ticket I'm definitely holding on to - might try for a better seat or red zone too.

My sister wasn't very sympathetic - every time I tried to vent she would say, "I don't want to hear it. You're still going to Disneyland!" and I had to shut up because she's right. :reject:. The "I'm going now because I have to or I'll lose $500" excuse didn't really go over well :lol:.

:yikes: All of it sounds bad. I'm kinda bummed, mostly because I REALLY wanted to go to Seattle and that was a great excuse, but oh well. We'll see what 2011 brings.

Now I'm trying to motivate myself to get off my ass and go for a walk. I was going to go to a class at the gym but I forgot to bring my sneakers to work and now I'm just all blah.

I'm actually a little relieved about it because I had to sell tickets to cities I really wanted to visit because my friend had to back out. So now maybe we'll be able to go next year. I sold my tickets but with a postponement I'm guessing there will be extra tickets available next year as I'm sure some people will be asking for their money. So it sucks that Bono had to go through it and that we don't get to see them this summer but I'm excited about the possibilities this has now opened up for me being able to go to more shows.

I would have LOVED to walk tonight but I had to work and it was pouring all night :grumpy: I'm just glad it rained on a night I worked!

My brother had a tenant move out last weekend and one that's moving in this weekend. So that means it's time to paint! :scream: I can't even begin to count how many times I've had to paint each unit. My dad told my brother the other day not to worry about it because he had off Mon and Tues and then could go over the rest of the week at night. So I thought I was off the hook....but how I wrong I was. My dad tripped over a broken piece of concrete at the parking ramp on his way to his dr yesterday. Two sprained wrists. Poor dude can't catch a break! So now he cant' work this week and certainly can't paint. He only painted one room on Monday because it was literally almost 100 degrees so he thought he'd just finish up later this week. My brother pulled something in his back so he's not able to do much. My mom has a cold. My dad is going to pick up my sister from work today and she's coming to paint with me. Regarding my dad's wrists....he took pics of the incident, contacted the parking ramp and hospital in order to get them to pay for his copays and time off of work. Also, he missed his dr appointment he was going to so he could go to the emergency room instead so now he has to take time off work again to get to the dr. :crazy:

My brother had a tenant move out last weekend and one that's moving in this weekend. So that means it's time to paint! :scream: I can't even begin to count how many times I've had to paint each unit. My dad told my brother the other day not to worry about it because he had off Mon and Tues and then could go over the rest of the week at night. So I thought I was off the hook....but how I wrong I was. My dad tripped over a broken piece of concrete at the parking ramp on his way to his dr yesterday. Two sprained wrists. Poor dude can't catch a break! So now he cant' work this week and certainly can't paint. He only painted one room on Monday because it was literally almost 100 degrees so he thought he'd just finish up later this week. My brother pulled something in his back so he's not able to do much. My mom has a cold. My dad is going to pick up my sister from work today and she's coming to paint with me. Regarding my dad's wrists....he took pics of the incident, contacted the parking ramp and hospital in order to get them to pay for his copays and time off of work. Also, he missed his dr appointment he was going to so he could go to the emergency room instead so now he has to take time off work again to get to the dr. :crazy:
Ouch regarding your dad :cringe:
Ouch regarding your brother
Hope your mom feels better soon. She wouldn't be able to smell the paint ;).
Enjoy your painting :happy:

At the meeting this morning they announced that a co-worker passed away last night :sad:
I worked w/ this person at Gimbels.
When her name was announced everyone gasped and quite a few of us teared up.

I then began to call people who weren't at the meeting. I called one person and got a horrible shriek of grief. I began to cry again.

Yep, it was a crappy day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom