Randooooooooooom springtime ramblings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
home and happy
Things were crazy today.
Off for 3 days and then I work 9 in a row again.

I keep reminding myself that I am on vacation at the end of June :drool:

The other day I bought an Ateco professional cake decorating stand. I have wanted one since before I ever dreamed of going back to school. I had just enough in gift cards to only have to pay the tax on :love: Once I got the last gift card for my bday I knew that's what I would buy at Williams Sonoma when I came home. So I decided to make my dad a cake since his bday is in a few weeks. I don't do anything fancy so it was just going to be choc and white box cake mixes that I marbled with store bought frosting and then I made ganache to cover it. Plus I brought some fun accessorries from work to decorate it up nice. I had enough to make 2 10" cakes and a loaf. The loaf was just extra and I thought my mom could keep it in the freezer and bring my grandpa a piece here and there. But nooooooo. She wanted me to make the load the birthday cake and the 10" cake a father's day cake. :crack: It takes me longer to make stuff here than work, obviously, since we have everything all set up to make a cake on short notice. So a cake at work takes 20-30 min tops to frost and decorate. It took me over 2 hours to make these damn cakes. Thankfully my mom is a crazy neat freak so she follows me around the kitchen when I bake and will clean up for me. Otherwise I would not have enjoyed making these cakes. They look kinda crappy but that's what happens when I plan for one cake and end up making two. Meanwhile....my sister and I will probably be home for good by father's day :happy: Jobless :happy: :happy: and I could have just made the damn cake then.

I just applied for an overnight part time bakers job that's 30 min from my parents house. Can you say desperate? :angry: The job posting was on my schools board and it says they would love a studen but they are worried the house would be too tough for them to work and go to school. If they want a student then that means they want to pay CRAP. :angry:

I really wish I had some connections that I could drop your name too .........
Will continue to send vibes to you to find something soon.

thanks. It's scary but I think once I'm back in town it will be easier for me to go to places with my resume. I have a few places that said to keep calling them to see if they have openings and one even said to come back when I'm in town for good. He's hiring but not hiring. He needs to do a few things over the next month with the staff he has since he's had a lot of changes/promotions lately. He said by the time I get back he should be ready to interview me.

thanks. It's scary but I think once I'm back in town it will be easier for me to go to places with my resume. I have a few places that said to keep calling them to see if they have openings and one even said to come back when I'm in town for good. He's hiring but not hiring. He needs to do a few things over the next month with the staff he has since he's had a lot of changes/promotions lately. He said by the time I get back he should be ready to interview me.

Sounds promising^

:crack: my mom woke me up at 6:00 to go to the farmer's market with them. :yawn: I wanted to say no but I love going to see all of the flowers. Plus that's a very Twin Citian thing to do and since I have to go back to the Valley of the Sun for who knows how long...I needed to go. I'm so mentally checked out of Arizona it's not even funny. I just have to put on a happy face at my job because I don't want anyone to think I'm going to do a half ass job now that I'm leaving.

I brought stuff home with me that I don't need in AZ using my gigantic suitcase. I managed to fit everything I do need to take back with me in a carry on plus my backpack. I'm also all checked in for my flight that doesn't even leave for over 12 hours :crack: Going to the lake, home for a bit, to see my grandpa, then dinner with my brother and then....to the airport :grumpy:

I am excited to see Lily. :drool: My sister said she's been in my room all week :cute:

Good morning ...............
Have a good MN day.

Sunny and 58 going up to the mid 60's. I will take it.
Skipped church this morning :uhoh:. I just couldn't go. A guy at church recently passed-away from cancer. Towards the end he was transferred to the same hospice as my friend was.........he and our pastor did a video that they were showing today. I would have sat there in tears.

Too close to home. Not ready for that.

just got back from the lake and a trip to Caribou with Meg and Jeff!

Time to pack up to leave to see my grandpa.

I don't think there's a smilie with tears big enough. I don't want to leave. I'm perfectly set with being at home now. Especially after having a week of perfect MN spring weather. :sad::sad::sad: I thought I'd be ok since I know I have to be back within the next 6 weeks but now that the time has come for me to get ready to go.....I'm not ready to go :barf:

Good morning ...............
Have a good MN day.

Sunny and 58 going up to the mid 60's. I will take it.
Skipped church this morning :uhoh:. I just couldn't go. A guy at church recently passed-away from cancer. Towards the end he was transferred to the same hospice as my friend was.........he and our pastor did a video that they were showing today. I would have sat there in tears.

Too close to home. Not ready for that.

I think it's perfectly ok for you to skip today and not go. Going to church should be something that makes you feel good, not bring you down and ruin your day. :hug:

I don't think there's a smilie with tears big enough. I don't want to leave. I'm perfectly set with being at home now. Especially after having a week of perfect MN spring weather. :sad::sad::sad: I thought I'd be ok since I know I have to be back within the next 6 weeks but now that the time has come for me to get ready to go.....I'm not ready to go :barf:

:up: You got to your lake :yippie:.........and got to see Meg and Jeff :woohoo:
Start a countdown, it won't be long till you are home. One day at a time. :hug: You have had some perfect spring weather! No big storms, though.

:up: You got to your lake :yippie:.........and got to see Meg and Jeff :woohoo:
Start a countdown, it won't be long till you are home. One day at a time. :hug: You have had some perfect spring weather! No big storms, though.

I wanted some good old fashion spring rain with tons of thunder and lightening but I didn't get it :sad: Otherwise I was able to go to Calhoun a few times, Centinnial Lakes a few times to see the lilacs. That's a man made lake. I think it's hilarious that we have 10,000+ natural lakes in this state and then build more. :der: But they have a walking path with tons and tons of lilacs. So I went there a few times. Went to Caribou, to see my grandpa 4 times after today's visit. Plus I handed out my resume and also got to pick out some of my grandparents stuff. So it really was a great trip home but I'm super stressed about going back. I'm only scheduled 20 hours this week and who knows what it'll be the week after. I guess it will give me time to help my sister start to pack up. But I'd rather just stay now......I know I can't because I have too many things to take care of in AZ besides the fact that my car, clothing, and culinary tools are there.

The Blue Angels are going to be in Janesville next weekend! I work!
I can't wait for the MKE Air and Water show. I am on vacation that week and am heading downtown early that Friday morning on a freeway flyer and watching the practice that begins at noon......I found that out on Facebook.........they had a click thru link that had that info. I didn't have to join.

The Blue Angels are going to be in Janesville next weekend! I work!
I can't wait for the MKE Air and Water show. I am on vacation that week and am heading downtown early that Friday morning on a freeway flyer and watching the practice that begins at noon......I found that out on Facebook.........they had a click thru link that had that info. I didn't have to join.

sounds like a good time! :up:

well time to get ready to go to see my grandpa and then back to the Valley of the Sun! :wave: See ya from the desert!

you tube worked on the new computer up until yesterday:huh:
now I get a message saying something about javascript and a new flash player. I have tried all the suggestions and it does not work :mad:

Ice cream truck just went down the street. No one ever buys from it. When I was a munchkin, I remember tons of people buying ice cream from it.

Our neighborhood has a very high kid-population, so the ice cream truck does a booming business here! Earlier this afternoon, it went by, playing "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer." WTF?? :lol:

Couldn't take laptop speakers anymore so I hooked up my old ones to the laptop.......much better :up:!
The breaking point was watching The Big Chill on the computer. My heart broke listening to those tunes sound so tinny :crack:

Bruce singing Back In Your Arms :drool:

Toying with idea of just starting over with iTunes. It would be nice to start clean........I wish I had burned Cd's of the songs I bought instead of just backing up iTunes on the external drive. Computer illiterate person here has to do research on this subject.

I don't think I mentioned that we were a few minutes behind because we went to the wrong Caribou. :der: We decided on the one by Whole Foods and then we drove, for some reason, to the one in a Lund's a few blocks away. We sat in the parking lot for a few minutes, and then went in and we headed through the Caribou into Lunds and had a major "Oh, crap!" moment.

I didn't want to leave MSP today, either. We had a great weekend, and I kept thinking about how much it sucks that his new department is moving to ATL. He has so many friends in Minnesota that have welcomed me into the flock, and with you moving back we could hang out...It's too bad we have to move further away from everyone there AND all our new(ish) Indy friends.

Bruce singing Back In Your Arms :drool:

Toying with idea of just starting over with iTunes. It would be nice to start clean........I wish I had burned Cd's of the songs I bought instead of just backing up iTunes on the external drive. Computer illiterate person here has to do research on this subject.

One of my very computer literate friends did the transfer for me. He even went and dug up some OLD files from the Napster days and converted them into iTunes format. He has no idea how much I appreciated the time he spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom