Randooooooooooom springtime ramblings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read about this last night. They said it's been all prostitutes that have died. So I guess you're safe unless you are in that line of work :yikes:

You mean you aren't going to get front row to see the "hottest band in the land?!?!?" :barf:
1. Have not changed jobs :no: Just creepy how something like that can happen and no one actually know.......just thru DNA and research is how this was found out. I watched a LMN movie about the Green River Killer and how he went after hookers and how long it took to be discovered *shudder*
2. I wonder how big of a crowd will be there.......I haven't gone to look at ticket prices. I am sure that I would be shocked. I will pass no matter what.

so far I have seen my grandpa and his cute little room at the nursing home, gone out with one of my school friends to Perkins (our late night after class hangout), got my haircut for the first time in 5 long months :hyper:, went to one of my lakes and saw the lilacs. My nose is plugged so hopefully with some drugs this week I'll be able to go back later on and smell them a little more than today. They were soooo gorgeous! The entire city is filled with them all over the place. :heart: I also dropped off my resume at a few places that took it but aren't hiring :(

Tonight I'm going with some friends to my favorite place on earth, Lake Calhoun :heart: I'm so happy to be here. I don't have any desire to go back to the desert :tsk: Tomorrow I'm dropping of actual portfolios complete with letters of recommendation, copies of certificates of continuing education, and pictures to a few places that I really want to work for so we'll see. Sounds like my sister and the bf are moving back sometime this summer so I need to find something asap.

So happy that you are enjoying home so much :)! Have a good time at the lake.
Good luck with the hunt *crossing fingers and sending good vibes*.

Sitting in the kitchen and making a quinoa salad.........first time cooking it so we will see how this turns out. One of the managers made this and brought it to work and it was sooooo yummy! My mother's b-day card is on the dining room table and the wind knocked it over....it is a musical card so when the wind hits it right it begins to play Twist and Shout. Too lazy to go move it :reject:

Sitting in the kitchen and making a quinoa salad.........first time cooking it so we will see how this turns out. One of the managers made this and brought it to work and it was sooooo yummy! My mother's b-day card is on the dining room table and the wind knocked it over....it is a musical card so when the wind hits it right it begins to play Twist and Shout. Too lazy to go move it :reject:

recipe please!

and it's so windy out that I don't think I'm going to my happy place tonight :sad: It's bad. I'll get to the lake sometime tomorrow and every other day I'm here. At least I did get to one lake this morning. So I think for tonight we'll go someplace with lots of cold beer....

Quinoa Salad
1/4 cup quinoa
1/4 cup red pepper chopped
1/4 cup shelled edamame
1/8 cup dried tart cherries or cranberries
2 Tblsp sunflower seeds, shelled
onions optional

White Wine Vinaigrette
2 Tblsp olive oil
2 Tblsp white wine vinegar
1 Tsp dijon mustard
Pinch sugar
Salt/Pepper to taste

Cook Quinoa, cool and toss with red pepper, edamame, and dried cherries or cranberries, onion (if using). For white wine vinegar dressing ~ whisk all dressing ingredients together. Mix 2 Tblsp. or more to salad and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.

The quinoa I bought was prerinsed. Looking forward to lunch tomorrow :love:

FavreViking.jpg

:crack:
Did Favre Send Retirement Papers?
Story Created: May 20, 2009

Story Updated: May 20, 2009

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) -- Commissioner Roger Goodell says he's not sure if Brett Favre sent his retirement form to NFL headquarters.

Goodell spoke Tuesday at the league meetings in Florida. Asked about Favre's future, the commissioner said he doesn't know if the 39-year-old quarterback officially retired.

Favre claimed he was done for good this time when he called it quits from the New York Jets in February. He originally declared his retirement from the Green Bay Packers in March 2008.

Now the Minnesota Vikings are interested, and Favre is assessing the health of his injured throwing shoulder.

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
I contend that he planned this all along...............but didn't count on the shoulder problems

ok, time to put the laptop down and get comfy........the after effects of the med is still making me :drunk:

FavreViking.jpg

:crack:
I contend that he planned this all along...............but didn't count on the shoulder problems

on one hand I really do not want this man, the Vikings #1 enemy of 17 years, to wear a purple jersey. On that same line I do see the point of Green Bay fans and think that it's pretty shady on his part to want to play for the Vikings if he's only doing it because he's pissed off at the Packer camp. I think if he still wants to play then maybe try to pick some place other than the NFC north because no matter which team out of the other 3 he could play for, there would still be hard feelings about him going to play for the enemy.

But then on the other hand....if he's going to be able to advance my team to more than just 1 playoff game, which is the farthest they've one in a decade, and even maybe a super bowl then come on over. I'm tired of the ZERO super bowl wins and that the last super bowl I remember watching with the Vikings was sitting in my grandpa's lap because I was just a little thing. So I guess I'm getting use to the idea. But boy am I going to be spinning mad if he comes to play for us and then can't perform because of his arm or because he's too old and should have just stayed retired last year and then we end up with the Tavaris/Sage QB controversy anyways. I don't have a lot of faith in Tavaris. I don't know enough about Sage to say anything. We need a strong quarterback to lead us.

I want me team to win it all. If that means #4 Favre then so be it. (I can't believe I actually just admitted that. :shh: don't tell anyone at my work. )

Quinoa Salad
1/4 cup quinoa
1/4 cup red pepper chopped
1/4 cup shelled edamame
1/8 cup dried tart cherries or cranberries
2 Tblsp sunflower seeds, shelled
onions optional

White Wine Vinaigrette
2 Tblsp olive oil
2 Tblsp white wine vinegar
1 Tsp dijon mustard
Pinch sugar
Salt/Pepper to taste

Cook Quinoa, cool and toss with red pepper, edamame, and dried cherries or cranberries, onion (if using). For white wine vinegar dressing ~ whisk all dressing ingredients together. Mix 2 Tblsp. or more to salad and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.

The quinoa I bought was prerinsed. Looking forward to lunch tomorrow :love:

I'll have to try this when I move back. Doesn't sound like something my sister would eat but it definitely looks like something my parents would enjoy, especially my mom. She happily eats vegetarian with me when she has the chance.

I'm such a dork...I've been stalking my former chef for weeks. I found him on facebook and noticed on his short list of friends that some of them were my coworkers. He has his profile set to public view so I keep checking it out for news of if he got a job yet. So I finally friended him. I should have just done that weeks ago but I'm weird like that. I want him to write me a recommendation letter. I think I'm just a little self concsious about having him view my page since I have pics of work stuff on there and some of it's stuff he never saw. I don't know why that bothers me. I always thought he thought that I sucked by my supervisors have assured me he never said anything but positive words about my work other than I could use practice on stuff. But he never said my stuff sucks. :reject:

I'm such a dork...I've been stalking my former chef for weeks. I found him on facebook and noticed on his short list of friends that some of them were my coworkers. He has his profile set to public view so I keep checking it out for news of if he got a job yet. So I finally friended him. I should have just done that weeks ago but I'm weird like that. I want him to write me a recommendation letter. I think I'm just a little self concsious about having him view my page since I have pics of work stuff on there and some of it's stuff he never saw. I don't know why that bothers me. I always thought he thought that I sucked by my supervisors have assured me he never said anything but positive words about my work other than I could use practice on stuff. But he never said my stuff sucks. :reject:
Good for you :) connections, connections, connections..........

I'll have to try this when I move back. Doesn't sound like something my sister would eat but it definitely looks like something my parents would enjoy, especially my mom. She happily eats vegetarian with me when she has the chance.
Lunch was yummy :drool:
My mother liked it also

Hello day off :wave:............6 hours tomorrow and then 3 days off :hyper:
Today is medical test day for dad.........a nuclear stress test. He always comes home feeling less than wonderful. He has bending and stiffness issues and the positions he has to be put in are not easy for him. Pamper dad day when he gets home

the Twins game must be what my dad was cheering about earlier. From the sounds of it they were killing the other team....which from the looks of Shari's post, they must be playing Milwaukee :flirt:

the Twins game must be what my dad was cheering about earlier. From the sounds of it they were killing the other team....which from the looks of Shari's post, they must be playing Milwaukee :flirt:

Speaking of Minnesota and the Twins...we are heading there this afternoon! We have a birthday dinner tonight, a free day on Sunday, and Twins/Red Sox ( :drool: ) Monday. Are you interested in coffee or anything tomorrow? I think Jeff is planning us a day o'fun going to all his favorite places but we could fit you in there. :D

Speaking of Minnesota and the Twins...we are heading there this afternoon! We have a birthday dinner tonight, a free day on Sunday, and Twins/Red Sox ( :drool: ) Monday. Are you interested in coffee or anything tomorrow? I think Jeff is planning us a day o'fun going to all his favorite places but we could fit you in there. :D

I could do something early afternoon. I'm leaving tomorrow night. My parents have a wedding so I have to home with their car and to say goodbye by about 3ish. But if you could meet someplace by 11. We could walk around Calhoun if you're interested. I don't think I have your # anymore. I keep having to change phones due to breakage :happy: and somehow I have managed to lose a ton of numbers even though my sim card has stayed the same. So if you still have me in your phone then that's still my number.

I could do something early afternoon. I'm leaving tomorrow night. My parents have a wedding so I have to home with their car and to say goodbye by about 3ish. But if you could meet someplace by 11. We could walk around Calhoun if you're interested. I don't think I have your # anymore. I keep having to change phones due to breakage :happy: and somehow I have managed to lose a ton of numbers even though my sim card has stayed the same. So if you still have me in your phone then that's still my number.

I still have you. I was hoping that was still your number! Okay, I'll text or call or whatever tomorrow morning.

Off to MSP! :hyper:

^Have a good time ya'll

Off to work in about 20 minutes.
I work in textiles today :|
I miss housewares :(
If housewares is my parent dept. WTH am I being scheduled everywhere else?

^Have a good time ya'll

Off to work in about 20 minutes.
I work in textiles today :|
I miss housewares :(
If housewares is my parent dept. WTH am I being scheduled everywhere else?

that's so stupid. I'm sure the person scheduled in housewares that's misplaced is probably thinking the same thing you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom