Randooooooooooom springtime ramblings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my sister and I decided to price storage containers yesterday because she needs to buy a bunch of them. We found that Walmart ( :angry: ) was the cheapest. So this afternoon we went back. It was bad enough I had to go there on Friday. While there this afternoon we asked about empty boxes. They said the overnight crew starts to unpack at 11 so to come back around 11:30. We just got back. It was pretty creepy. Lots of weirdos out shopping late. Plus their registers reboot at midnight. I only know this because my supervisor lives by this store so she stops on the way home. She always has register rebooting waiting in line for an hour horror stories. If you know the registers will be down for a bit, why bother going that late? The line was gigantic :crack: There's not much I need at midnight on a Saturday night that worth waiting in line that long. :tsk: We only needed the free empty boxes so no need to stand in that horrid line.

Home. Best day out of the week long migraine from hell. I could function.
Went to work yesterday for a whopping 2 hours before boss came by, pronounced his plan, I said I would stay, he said no, I "looked horrible" (gee, thanks) ~ "go home".
Paycheck gonna be mighty pitiful..........
:yawn: time for bed. Yep, I lead a exciting life. I am almost afraid to go to sleep, as that is when the headache switches sides..............I think it should just go away.

This east coast girl hates clouds with fingers and hail. :crack:

I keep meaning to tape the Tonight Show.

We are having quite a noisy thunderstorm right now.

I love literal translation videos :lol:

YouTube - A-Ha - Take on Me (Literal Version)

I am not fond of Andy Richter :reject: so that might be the damper on the whole thing.

I liked that literal video too! :lol: The U2 one was a little disappointing, but I did enjoy The Edge having that chat with himself

arw, how is the packing going?

Saturday ='s mini golf. It better be sunny. Trying to talk friend into going to see UP.

Can't help but think that the new location is going to be interesting weather-wise, also...........
Um, fingers?

Yeah, we had some pointy clouds, which then threw hail at my new car on my way home from work. Then I drove 30 miles south to have dinner with the work friends...and took this with my phone:

june2.jpg

One of my friends had some bad hail damage, but he's excited about the new roof and siding he's going to get from it, and his neighborhood was on the news. I think my car has more of a football-like texture than it did earlier.

Great photo, Schmeg. We had marble-size hail here yesterday about 5:00 p.m.--fortunately, my car was still in the parking garage at the university where I work. Just as I was leaving the building to go home, the tornado sirens went off, so those of us still in the building trucked down to the basement. I've often wondered: if we're in the basement and a tornado hits, where do all of the tons of bricks go--into the basement?? Fortunately, that didn't last too long; so we all beat it out through the lightning and rain to go home. Had storms all night, and some tornados sighted east of here. Saw some beauty lightning and funky clouds, but didn't see any fingers!

Schmeg ~ eek, but nice picture!
Ms. Purrl ~ eek, love funky clouds as long as they stay clouds

So far we have had no really scary storms...we have the chance for frost tomorrow :happy:...........it is June, right?

Great photo, Schmeg. We had marble-size hail here yesterday about 5:00 p.m.--fortunately, my car was still in the parking garage at the university where I work. Just as I was leaving the building to go home, the tornado sirens went off, so those of us still in the building trucked down to the basement. I've often wondered: if we're in the basement and a tornado hits, where do all of the tons of bricks go--into the basement?? Fortunately, that didn't last too long; so we all beat it out through the lightning and rain to go home. Had storms all night, and some tornados sighted east of here. Saw some beauty lightning and funky clouds, but didn't see any fingers!

My friend lives in Fishers and they got NAILED. There were two different news crews in his neighborhood, and he now needs a new roof and new siding. He said it looked like a tornado went through, but I don't think we didn't have any confirmed in Marion or Hamilton County. That was my big fear while waiting out the hail...okay, I could hide under a tree and somewhat protect my car, but where would I go if it got WORSE??

I have always assumed things go UP when you're hiding in the basement. We lived in the basement during several hurricanes back in RI, in case windows broke, the roof got torn off, or a tree fell into the house. I'm SOL if a tornado ever hits the condo, but all my friends assure me we're too close to the river.

Cold and drizzly here today. Lousy weather!

I watched It Could Happen on the weather channel :nerd: and they did a report on what would happen if a F5 tornado hit Chicago..........one of the misnomers was that is would never happen cuz Chicago is too close to the lake..............the meteorologists laughed when that was brought up. They said it could happen and then proceeded to show video of what might happen to buildings, trains, etc.............:crack:

Comforting aren't I?

They just said "take a digger" on an ESPN commercial. I miss that one...

I watched It Could Happen on the weather channel :nerd: and they did a report on what would happen if a F5 tornado hit Chicago..........one of the misnomers was that is would never happen cuz Chicago is too close to the lake..............the meteorologists laughed when that was brought up. They said it could happen and then proceeded to show video of what might happen to buildings, trains, etc.............:crack:

Comforting aren't I?

Yes! :happy: But meteorologists get paid to be wrong all the time, right? So therefore if they think it could happen, it probably couldn't? Right?

:happy: yeah, sure, alrighty :happy: ^

Mylie is coming, Mylie is coming :| She does have a interesting approach to tickets. No hard tickets. The person who purchased the tickets will have to swipe their credit card thru a machine and that will allow entry for however many tickets were purchased. I actually think No Doubt is doing something like that for Summerfest
Bruce/E-Street! Want Bruce/E-Street!

The weather channel has been showing pictures of Fishers, and saying they had huge hail! There were some blown-over trees that smashed cars and corners of houses here in Lafayette, but we were lucky!

My son's college degree was in meteorology, and he says it really is all guess-work, based on different computer models. If it does this, it'll do *this*, etc. Comforting, no? :huh:

Weather ='s interesting

I am a sucker for Ann Hathaway movies. Watching Devil Wears Prada ~ I love the *transformation* part, where she shown in all these different outfits. That is the girly part of me coming out (I also love the Pretty Woman and Last Holiday *transformation* parts.)

:crack:
Had tv on the sleep timer and was just nodding off when.............................the state of WI issued a Emergency Alert test................:crack: I am awake now, completely awake and have a expression kind of like this: :ohmy:

Kings of Leon are playing Sept 26 at BC................................BRUCE, where are you???!?!!!!!

just sold our living room couch, recliner, and the awful bed I slept on. So I had to slept on the futon last night and now we have no furniture to sit on other than random chairs. At least we are keeping the futon otherwise Lily and I would have to sleep with my sister and the dog! :doh: We also have a few people stopping by to check out a few other minor things. My room is almost packed so now it's just the rest of the house.

No hours at my work and no job lined up = SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

oh and :lmao:

A few weeks ago I got an extra few hundred on my fed taxes, which was a lovely surprise. Then today I got a very thin envelope from the state of AZ which made my sister and I very nervous since she did all of my taxes and is still wondering how she made the fed error, which thankfully was in my favor. I opened the AZ envelope to find a check for $1.00! ONE DOLLAR :der: I wonder how much money they spent to process and mail that check.

^$1? That is funny. And better then the couple hundred I've had to pay Indiana over the last three years!

Now MY neighborhood is on the news...I live in a bend in the White River, and there's a small waterfall a few blocks north...which has been even smaller lately since we've had so much rain. Someone drove their pontoon over the waterfall and flipped it, and now there's a news helicopter hovering over my house.

Boat rescue in Broad Ripple - WTHR | Indianapolis

I've watched it three times and laughed out loud each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom