Random TV Thread II: Television, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Season two is great until

Brody becomes a double agent. Everything through the interrogation episode is great. Then when they turn him into a double agent, they dropped the ball regularly almost the whole rest of the way.

Agreed.
The interrogation episode might be the series best. And then it went to hell in so many ways. :(

Agreed. * SPOILER *

Are all awards determined by one submitted episode? Pretty sure that's right for acting, writing and directing.

Because if this is also true for best show, then Homeland could well win the Emmy based on
the interrogation episode, as could Danes and Lewis again. Be sad if Breaking Bad never wins.

yes, I believe you are right
I always give my value on the whole season

with that in mind, The Killing has some solid episodes, but overall the first whole season was a let down.

I am starting to really enjoy Mad Men. It's so intriguing. Up to ep 5 of the first season. I really like Alison Brie's character, I like the way Trudy is sort of subverting the accepted role of the woman of the time - she pushed Pete into getting the apartment, she's calling a couple of the shots. I like Joan a hell of a lot. And Roger. And Don. And Don's wife. Good stuff.

I like watching Lewis. Parte two is on tonight

Doctor Who Season 1 = I just watched the bugger die again - and I actually liked this one.

Young Chris has snuffed it as Doctor Who and I am not a happy camper. Oh stuff it. I did want to say something intelligent and witty, but I am too emotionally drained (and for some reason listening to Phil Collins), so if you will excuse me I am going to go after Russell T with an stick.

Is anyone planning on watching The Following tonight? I hope it's both good and creepy. It looks creepy. It also looks good.

Glad you posted about it, didn't realize it was tonight. It definitely looks interesting, I hope it ends up good.

I watched it. It seemed a little humorless, and I fear it might be taking itself too seriously. Also, the guy playing the young, overzealous agent is really annoying.

But hey, Kevin Bacon is cool. And it was suitably creepy/scary at times.

Legit spoiler here:

It was sad when Maggie Grace died. She's super hot, she was totally one of the original castaways on LOST, it's hard not to feel awful for her character, and I wanted her to make it.

Man, I dunno. I'm usually not bothered by violence on TV and movies, but this is pretty fucking bleak and gruesome. I don't think I'm up for watching this at this point and time in my life.

Legit spoiler here:

It was sad when Maggie Grace died. She's super hot, she was totally one of the original castaways on LOST, it's hard not to feel awful for her character, and I wanted her to make it.

Between this and Taken, she's not been having a good run. Sold into slavery, eyes cut out .... hopefully she gets to kick some ass in an upcoming role.

Man, I dunno. I'm usually not bothered by violence on TV and movies, but this is pretty fucking bleak and gruesome. I don't think I'm up for watching this at this point and time in my life.

it's silly, disgusting and mostly stupid

I feel less insulted watching an hour of Dance Moms

This will involve a prick.
Oh yeah, there's a prick involved.
There is definitely a prick involved.
There is one prick involved.
There is one prick involved.

Has anyone else watched the BBC show The Hour?

Soooooo good. Just finished season 2, and was on the edge of my seat for the entire second half of the finale.

Has anyone else watched the BBC show The Hour?

Soooooo good. Just finished season 2, and was on the edge of my seat for the entire second half of the finale.

I started season one but it did not hold my interest
then i watched first 2 episodes of season 2, good stuff, I want to go back and finish season two.

I have not watched it but it's on my long-ass BBC to watch list....

I should follow this up by saying that I'm currently making my way through all of MI-5, know as "Spooks" in the UK. In the middle of Season 2 of 10, though each season is like 8-10 episodes so it's 86 total, I believe. I do love me some spy shit.

I am currently going through a second viewing of that series, I get one episode a week from my local public channel on the dvr.

Once upon a time I watched the first 2 seasons or so but that was ages ago, so, starting from scratch. Amazing what I recall perfectly and what I've completely forgotten.

Saw a spot in the movie theater for the History Channel's Bible mini-series. Hope it's 1/2 way decent.

saw a preview for that Bible series at the movies last night
I thought it looked terrible, the producers being interviewed could have come right off the 700 channel.

I agree, it looked schlocky but I'm hoping it's better than it appears, just because I'm a sucker for mini-series.

More BBC - Currently DVR'ing Ripper Street, have not watched yet, will wait until 3-4 episodes are recorded then marathon them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom