Random TV Thread II: Television, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1350238600230.gif

I really liked the Nashville premiere. Although the Big Bad Daddy/Political storyline is completely out of place and unnecessary compared to everything else.

Although the Big Bad Daddy/Political storyline is completely out of place and unnecessary compared to everything else.

I didn't like that part at all, and all the reviews I've read said the same thing

I have to go back and watch all this season's episodes of Revenge again. It's so crazy already that I can't keep track of what's going on. Last night was just wacky.

Cracker was a very intelligent, well written and witty script. My mum introduced me to Jimmy Mcgovern. The Street was excellent as well. Man, I used to think Quincy was good, and it is good, but Cracker is great! Cracker, The Equalizer, The Prisoner, Tales Of The Unexpected, all classics.

And Jimmy Mcgovern does write witty scripts. Sample dialogue from Cracker courtesy of IMDb - Movies, TV and Celebrities , a very good website as those of you who have been on there would agree.

Fitz: Someone goes into the store, buys a copy of the Guardian and a packet of teabags, and walks out without them. Why? A trauma. An argument.
DS Jimmy Beck: Bollocks.
DCI David Bilborough: We're looking for a skinhead.
Fitz: Whoever bought those items has not come forward.
DCI David Bilborough: That row was witnessed. He was an ordinary bloke, ordinary clothes, ordinary haircut. He's got nothing to do with the killing.
DS Jimmy Beck: Bollocks.
DCI David Bilborough: Jimmy, will you shut up?
DS Jimmy Beck: It's a load of bollocks!
Fitz: The shopkeeper didn't pick up the 4p. Why? Because he was dead.
DCI David Bilborough: He probably had a bad back! Fitz, we've got a description of the killer! He was a bloody skinhead, for God's sake, a bloody skinhead.
Fitz: There's a row. He goes home, broods a bit, shaves his head, comes back, throws the four pence at him, and stabs him, right?
DS Jimmy Beck: Bollocks!
Fitz: [to Beck] You need a Thesaurus. :laugh:

I think House was tried to capture some of its magic somewhat. For a month or two there seemed to repeat the same 3 episodes each week. Cracker is the precursor to House MD, Quincy came before Diagnosis Murder and Burn Notice is suspiciously like The Equalizer. I've recently got over a spout of diarrhoea but I'm ok now.

Just like what Jonathan Ross says about Soprano's being on telly 10 years ago, I am now going up to people saying "Have you seen Cracker?", to which the reply is "Yeah we've all seen it twenty years ago"

Curb Your Enthusiasm is fucking hilarious. Halfway through season two... "Trick or Treat" might be the funniest half-hour of television I've watched since "The Germans" episode of Fawlty Towers.

he went public after having an arc of Miley Cyrus being his girlfriend, the writers may be rethinking that decision.

he says he doesn't want to be on the show,
I bet he's not Jesus-crazy enough to turn down the $350,000 he gets per episode,

His time was due, although one doubts the future of the Dallas reboot now with him no longer there

Its too bad people remember him as JR, because he was that Paul Gross from Due South lookalike when he was on 'I Dream of Jeannie'

His time was due, although one doubts the future of the Dallas reboot now with him no longer there

Its too bad people remember him as JR, because he was that Paul Gross from Due South lookalike when he was on 'I Dream of Jeannie'

Yeah but it's nice to pay tribute to man who made Dallas what it is. I agree, I don't think the new guys have the same charisma as him, despite how good looking they are. When JR came on at the final scene of the first episode of the last series, he stole the whole show. "Blood may be thicker than water but oil is thicker than them both." Fantastic line!

Anyways, on some lighter news, and something that can be used to chuckle and remember him by even though it's nothing to do with Dallas

Good Moaning Compilation - YouTube

Got the first 4 seasons of Breaking Bad on blu today. Also the first season of The Walking Dead. Really looking forward to all of this.

Halfway through season 3 of Breaking Bad right now. So very good! Staying away from the thread for now though!

I'm almost through Homeland. I think I have four episodes in season two to finish. I've been avoiding that thread like you with Breaking Bad.

Homeland S2 was one of the all time great sophomore seasons for a comedy.

I haven't seen any of Homeland at this point. I hear such mixed things about it that I'm not sure if I want to waste my time on it.

The first season is really good and occasionally great. The second season is a meandering, laughable mess with a few transcendent moments. That said, the idea that it belongs in the conversation with Breaking Bad and Mad Men is way off base.

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with the above. The first half of Season 2 is great, and maybe people forget that because of what happened next. It took a major nosedive, hard to debate that, though, I found the finale of S2 to be strong.

But, yeah, at this point, comparing it with Breaking Bad or Mad Men, two shows that have sustained excellence of every season of their existence is off base.

Well, I also have shows lined up before I'd even be able to think twice about Homeland. Next up after Breaking Bad are The Walking Dead, American Horror Story, and Sherlock.

Season two is great until

Brody becomes a double agent. Everything through the interrogation episode is great. Then when they turn him into a double agent, they dropped the ball regularly almost the whole rest of the way.

Well, I also have shows lined up before I'd even be able to think twice about Homeland. Next up after Breaking Bad are The Walking Dead, American Horror Story, and Sherlock.

Walking Dead season 1 is fun/good, 2 is a fucking joke, heard mixed things about 3 but most agree it's an improvement over 2.

American Horror Story I will watch down the line.

Sherlock is fucking fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom