Random TV Thread II: Television, Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting Foxtel soon. Which means MTV. Which means I finally get to watch all those good music clips. Because that's what MTV is about, right? Right?!!

Also, cori, did I see you mention somewhere you caught an episode of New Girl and liked it? I just watched one and enjoyed it. No laugh track and Zooey helps a lot, but yeah, I could get into it. Light and inoffensive.

It's one of my favorite shows at the moment. Took me surprise, for sure. Keeps watching - it gets better. Keep your eyes on Schmidt, who quickly becomes the best character on the show.

The Simpsons 500th episode was tonight. (I didn't watch it)

Hard to believe they've made 300 more episodes since U2 made their appearance. They probably should have quit around episode 200.

It's one of my favorite shows at the moment. Took me surprise, for sure. Keeps watching - it gets better. Keep your eyes on Schmidt, who quickly becomes the best character on the show.

This. The chemistry between the actors is obvious, at least to me, and Schmidt has quickly become one of my favourite characters. Also, I think Lizzy Caplan fits in very well, and really hope she gets brought back after her current arc.

I get Lizzy Caplan and Kristen Ritter confused, so when I first heard Lizzy K was guest starring, I pictured Kristen Ritter and got all bummed out, because I do not like that actress.

Then I saw it was actually Janis Ian from Mean Girls and breathed a huge sigh of relief.

This. The chemistry between the actors is obvious, at least to me, and Schmidt has quickly become one of my favourite characters. Also, I think Lizzy Caplan fits in very well, and really hope she gets brought back after her current arc.

I think she's up for a new Showtime pilot, though, so that may vacuum up the rest of Caplan's free time.

Episode 4 of Luck very likely just cemented it as my favorite thing currently airing on television. Then again the pilot pretty much did that, but it wasn't just a flash in the pan.

Imps, how did you feel about Eastbound and Down's season opener? That birthday party scene killed me.

I liked the opener just fine. It was not the greatest, but still good. I think the season in Mexico will be hard to top.

Even as a more expository episode it made me lol something fierce. Good to have KP back.

I also loved the premiere of Life's Too Short, for what it's worth.

Yeah, the entire episode cracked me up. I don't' remember laughing that often in any episode last season.

It's a lot easier when you're up to date on them. The only currently airing show I follow that I'm behind on after the recent Game of Thrones binge is The Office, which is hardly a priority at this point.

Me too. That 90 second clip is better than every single ounce of work that went into that New Adventures of Old Christine bullshit. That last little "I'm so sorry" was aaaaall Elaine.

Anyway I came in here to ask if anyone else has had the misfortune of being subjected to the trailer or episodes of 2 Broke Girls? Makes Work It seem like a masterpiece.

And wow, Av Club are reviewing it weekly.

I watched a couple episodes solely due to it being the most successful new comedy of the season, and I can somewhat see why people like it. The leads are charming, their relationship is well sketched out, and they're both extremely fun to fap to look at. But the show is also lazily written, casually racist, and doesn't at all understand the "hipster" phenomenon it tries to skewer. So basically it's typical CBS fare.

Imperor said:
I watched a couple episodes solely due to it being the most successful new comedy of the season, and I can somewhat see why people like it. The leads are charming, their relationship is well sketched out, and they're both extremely fun to fap to look at. But the show is also lazily written, casually racist, and doesn't at all understand the "hipster" phenomenon it tries to skewer. So basically it's typical CBS fare.

HIMYM is on CBS... :angry:

lazarus said:
Kat Dennings is still hot.

I believe I touched to on that, my good man.

cobl04 said:
HIMYM is on CBS... :angry:

Not a huge fan, but it certainly is an exception. I was talking more about Chuck Lorre type shit.

I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons, but it has long outstayed it's welcome.

Also been watching The Larry Sanders Show for the first time, just finished season 2. Awesome stuff and really surprised Garry Shandling hasn't done anything major since.

I did too, at first. But as you would know it's repeated mercilessly here and there are so many better shows.

Anyone else who's seen it, does it bother you that Sheldon has a girlfriend? His character is so obviously asexual.

cobl04 said:
I did too, at first. But as you would know it's repeated mercilessly here and there are so many better shows.

Anyone else who's seen it, does it bother you that Sheldon has a girlfriend? His character is so obviously asexual.

True. I'd like to think I barely watch the reruns (we watch most of our tv online anyway) but I'm beyond sick of them. I think they had a block of 4 on a couple of nights ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom