Random Music Talk LXVIII: Antipodean Sporting Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
elevated_u2_fan said:
Is anyone else confusing cobbler with iyup thanks to the similar avatars? :huh:

No, I just keep thinking a new person wandered in.

I still don't understand how trees are stripped bears. Bahno is so dum.

The live and BBC versions of I Fall Down, With A Shout, and Scarlet may be my most listened to things on any of the reissues' bonus discs.

Is Cee Lo Green really coming out with a Christmas album? Is there still a market for Christmas albums from pop figures? So many questions.

Life changing stuff...

Watch Andrew W.K.'s Surprisingly Inspiring Speech at the My Little Pony Convention | News | Pitchfork

3800a2a3.png

There is nothing wrong with October. The album, not the month. Although I like the month just fine.

I listened to the album on my drive today. The whole thing sounded great, and I was struck this time by how intense 'Tomorrow' is.

I like the month as well...even though it's still motherf*cking 102 degrees here today and autumn is nowhere in sight.

So is this Bob Mould album worth my five dollars?

Yes.

You know what isn't worth anyone's money? The new Mumford & Sons album. Good Lord, what a useless pile of crap. I enjoyed their debut, but that album exhibited, like, subtle differences between the songs. I truly can't tell the songs apart on Babel. They're all exactly the same in every way, and none of them come close to the overplayed but decent singles on Sigh No More. It's like they just took Little Lion Man and wrote it 12 more times, with greatly diminishing results. And the lyrics are so fucking terrible, which is a shame because it's fucking psuedo-indie folk rock, which means the vocals are up way too loud and you can hear every word muttered.

Seriously, pick any song on the album and the word "heart" will be in there somewhere. Could be an icy heart, could be a warm heart, could be a wooden heart, could be a steel heart. Even Bono would blush at their shamelessness. And none of the lyrics make sense. Like, "I can take the road and I can fuck it all the way" is nonsense, but then there are entire verses of this crap:

You heard my voice
I came out of the woods by choice
The shelter also gave the shade
But in the dark I have no name

What the hell does that even mean? Read it, think about it. It's barely English. It reads like something a poet would write, but it's basically word salad, only utilizing words that are typically associated with earnest, poetic feelings, but in this case aren't. At all.

Fuck this band.

That's a nice thought, but this shitty album isn't worth the plane tickets to Pompeii.

Would a stove do the job? I figure once it gets past 451 the liner notes will catch fire and take the whole thing out.

Maybe you have forgotten that once they released Little Lion Man they became impervious to criticism. They will ride the coat tails of that song for the rest of their career.

They can ride it as long at they want to, just as I can avoid hearing that song again 'til the rest of my days.

You heard my voice
I came out of the woods by choice

Couplet of the year right there. Rivaled perhaps only by a song I heard at the gym today: "we're gonna drink champagne; you'll be going insane - like it's your birthday."

iron yuppie said:
Couplet of the year right there.

I mean, the only alternative to him leaving the woods voluntarily is if he was chased out of it by a bear or something, which is a far more interesting idea for a song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom