Random Music Talk LXVIII: Antipodean Sporting Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be on one of the ESPNs. I know Andrew Bogut is streaming it online somewhere, he tweeted about it.

I just had to do a beer bong on arrival.

Think this makes 4.

I've been listening to Husker Du and Sugar a lot lately. Divide and Conquer is amazing.

monkeyskin said:
I've been listening to Husker Du and Sugar a lot lately. Divide and Conquer is amazing.

Me too. And darkthrone, and mayhem. Because It makes no sense at all.

Beaster is a heavy slab of badass. I was taken aback at first, it sounded like Sugar, Husker Du and Black Sabbath all at once. It's great, though not something I would throw on as often as Copper Blue.

FU:EL I have not yet heard.

Also highly suggest the Besides collection. So much good stuff they left on cutting room floor. And sadly, some only available on the live set and never recorded in studio as far as I know. A good number are written/sung by bassist David Barbe but the one that made FU:EL (Company Book) isn't even close to the best.

And the live disc that comes with it is so insanely good.

Was hoping they'd bust out like a prayer on a cross shaped stage. Guess sweet disposition will do.

SWANS!

Martha, Danny Boy & IWB (almost typed a real name there for a second that's probably not your real name. Temporary insanity seeing as I don't know your real name):

I come bearing good news this time, instead of despair. One of my mom's friends has an apartment in Ogden that we can live in rent-free while the CDC Utah folks fix the house. They are putting pressure on the contractors to get it done in two weeks or else and both they and the loan officer has said that come hell or high water, I get that house in two weeks, no matter how big a bite it takes out of their profits. It's good to have friends in high places.

The only niggling thing is, Ogden is 44 miles (70km) away. I'd have to figure out mass transit or something to get to work.

Reggo said:
yes, my brother will get to stay with us and the cat and the dog are both welcome.

:up: :up:

Uh, what exactly did you think my name is? Rumplestiltskin?

The stuff pandora is coming up with for a Husker du station is almost awesome enough for me to have forgotten my biggest gripe with pandora in the first place, which is that aside from the pixies cover and a minutemen song, it's come up with almost nothing in the last hour that I haven't already heard before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom