Raleigh 10/3 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Walk On, BD, and IAWL are fine, screw Elevation as an every night thing, and Stuck acoustic once in awhile wouldn't kill me, but given the choice between that or Stay, who (band members included) would choose Stuck?

Walk On, BD, and IAWL are fine, screw Elevation as an every night thing, and Stuck acoustic once in awhile wouldn't kill me, but given the choice between that or Stay, who (band members included) would choose Stuck?

The majority of every American audience. :doh:

I was there last night and thought IALW sounded better than ever and didn't miss YBR. My only complant is dropping UC. Even Stuck sounds good (keep switching with Stay and maybe add in one more acoustic number to rotate)...

People can bitch all they like about Elevation (and Vertigo) but it's a SUPER crowd pleaser.

I was there last night and thought IALW sounded better than ever and didn't miss YBR. My only complant is dropping UC. Even Stuck sounds good (keep switching with Stay and maybe add in one more acoustic number to rotate)...

People can bitch all they like about Elevation (and Vertigo) but it's a SUPER crowd pleaser.

good job w/people get ready :up:

-dan

Walk on carries a clear political message for this tour and is a core song, it won't be dropped.

Yes, I'm all for them adding more songs from NLOTH and I'm slightly worried about them dropping UC, but I don't understand the hate for AYCLB. I think it's an album with a special meaning for American fans, that's why they play so much from it. And IALW was only part of the set last night, so call that one song less from that album because it will be gone again for the next show.

But remember they toured AYCLB and we would prefer material deeper then that album if we are going to go to a stadium and deal with long lines and parking a mile away etc. The real answer is playing at least 2 1/2 hours... A band with this many hits can't win with 22 song shows...
I still feel Zoo and Pop tour where better.......and the AYCLB stage setup and drop down beads more fun visualy.

I guess the problem with being a band that's been around for 30 years is that you've written a lot of great songs and you have to play them it seems.

yes play for 4 hours or do 2 nights 2 hours a night with no repeats and sell shows in pairs. There has to be a way for them to make us all happy:lol:

:applaud:

A big THANK YOU goes to SethVincent for calling me and letting me listen to the whole show. :bow:
thankyou.gif
thankyou.gif
thankyou.gif

You are welcome Lila I :heart: doing it !

I talked to a really nice couple who drove into Raleigh from WV the wife told me it took two hours to drive four miles they finally got to the stadium only to be told there were no more parking spaces available they finally had to park one mile away & walk quickly & still missed a few U2 songs

I must have gotten there just in time (about 5:30p.m.) b/c we hit very little traffic

A nice lady who worked at CFS saw us walking to our seats Ba Ba w/ one crutch long story short she put us all in top of first tier seating behind the stage a tad to the right of the leg of the claw much better seats w/ no one around us:up:

Sidenote: Four shows in three weeks the last thing on my mind during any of them.... "I wish this set list was better...":wave:

I don't mind Elevation. I was actually pumped by it and singing along. And Stuck, I loved it! Beautiful performance of it. Especially with Edge singing. I was happy with the setlist. Everything was great! They played UV so I was real happy. I like the way Bono sang UV. It was better than I expected and I want to go see another show!:love::hyper: U2 is a great live band. Seth where were you in the stadium?

Seth where were you in the stadium?

Well originally I was suppose to be upper level section 25 Row L but an employee of CFS saw us walking to our seats w/ my 13y/o daughter on crutches & a cast on her ankle she told us to wait for a few minutes & came back & put us top of first level behind the stage in a special section for people on crutches or in wheelchairs so much better view:up::up:

We had a concession stand ten feet behind us & a bathroom 15 feet from our chairs:ohmy:

I did witness a young female regurgitating outside the men's bathroom all over the concrete:huh:

Well originally I was suppose to be upper level section 25 Row L but an employee of CFS saw us walking to our seats w/ my 13y/o daughter on crutches & a cast on her ankle she told us to wait for a few minutes & came back & put us top of first level behind the stage in a special section for people on crutches or in wheelchairs so much better view:up::up:

We had a concession stand ten feet behind us & a bathroom 15 feet from our chairs:ohmy:

I did witness a young female regurgitating outside the men's bathroom all over the concrete:huh:

That's nice of them.:D We were Row HH Section 17. A bit away from the stage but not too bad. Good view. I had to stand the whole time to see and my knee got tired after a while but it was still great. Edge went toward the back a lot of the show too.

Back
Top Bottom