Quasi-Baseless Speculation About New Material, Continued 'Wide Awake in Europe' etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I put this in the Loris thread

Word from the Oracle. U2 still knocking out songs, new album probably late next year. Its all about Spidey. Hardened stage hands weeping.
3:27 PM Oct 8th via ÜberTwitter

:shifty:

So, continuing the discussion from the last thread, could "It's all about Spidey" imply that the band is working on a version of the Turn Off The Dark soundtrack?

I want new material in November, but really it seems unlikely. Spider-Man is in opening Nov/Dec so I bet Edge and Bono are putting the final tweaks on those songs for the show.

BTW anyone who sees the show needs to record the songs for those of us not in NY. That will be the closest to a U2 album we get this year. Of course I hope I'm wrong.

I'm not buying late next year. That's about the least logic time to release an album.

Baseless speculation? I can do that.

Track three on the album will be about Bono's love affair with a jelly donut.

I'm starting to get tired and bored of the speculations about the new material. I'm kind of disappointed in that way. :sad:There are a lot of promises and they seem to be afraid of releasing material. In my opinion there's nothing to lose. U2 will stay the biggest band in the world, even if they release a very experimental, not commercial product.
I don't think we get a release before Christmas. And if they do, in november, I can really say it's a very big surprise release, because there's no leaking news to date. I know the band can surprise. The new songs on the tour were absolutely brilliant.:applaud:

Any quasi-baseless speculation going on about U2.com's latest e-mail, which ends "we'll be back in touch later this week with some more breaking news...," or do we already know what that is?

I would expect it's the announcement of additional US and/or European dates for next summer and into fall, based on the rumors circulating in the past month or so.

YAY!

Any quasi-baseless speculation going on about U2.com's latest e-mail, which ends "we'll be back in touch later this week with some more breaking news...," or do we already know what that is?

Well, I'm sceptic about this news. Maybe the news that the band will play South America, Africa and some more dates in the US. For me no shocking or breaking news. We'll see..

Question:

If the new album will be released late in 2011....so ...when will be released AB remaster???

How is late 2011 so illogical?

Many here have talked about how, because of the relative failure of the Spring released NLOTH, they will not be looking to release another album that isn't in the big Holiday bookoo-bucks shopping season. And I buy that theory. We aren't getting an album this Holiday season, so late next year, to me, does indeed sound logical.

How is late 2011 so illogical?

Many here have talked about how, because of the relative failure of the Spring released NLOTH, they will not be looking to release another album that isn't in the big Holiday bookoo-bucks shopping season. And I buy that theory. We aren't getting an album this Holiday season, so late next year, to me, does indeed sound logical.

It's after the end of the North America leg of 2011 and presumably towards the very end of the 360 tour.

It would make more sense to release something for the 2010 holidays and then tour that new material during the planned 2011 shows.

But we're not getting a U2 album for the 2010 holidays. It's too late. I'm sorry, but barring some sort of Radiohead "Surprise! It'll be here in two weeks!" kind of deal, it's just not gonna happen. We would have wayyyyy more concrete information about it if it was coming out within the next two months.

Yeah, and also i cant imagine u2 releasing songs an entire year or more after they've been played live.
To be honest i wouldn't be surprised if they released something in spring again... whatever NLOTH's failings were, i doubt it was the release time. Plus, releasing songs in spring would mean time to form the album, but still be early enough to have new stuff for the usa dates, right?
...and i can't see them getting something out this year (unfortunately) - we surely would have something by now... unless they do all the recording, mixing, and producing necessary, and release a low-key ep a week before the next tour dates! It's possible, but is it probable?

Uh...didn't they delay NLOTH a full year past it's expected release date?

They came out with some statement saying basically, "hey, we know you're waiting on new songs, but we've got a load of good songs here and we want to keep writing more...", and then the album came out something like a year later?

Late 2011 doesn't seem illogical to me. It seems highly likely.

They've already given us half of an album by playing it live!

Honestly, I think they would have to be crazy to then sit on that album for a year.

And a Spring release just doesn't work for U2. NLOTH was spring, and the one before that was POP. So, either we are about to get some shocking surprise or they're gonna sit on it for another year - which is maddening!!!!

They came out with some statement saying basically, "hey, we know you're waiting on new songs, but we've got a load of good songs here and we want to keep writing more...", and then the album came out something like a year later?

Yeah, good point, but they hadn't already played 6 songs off NLOTH when they delayed it by a year.

Full year? No.

Does it seem logical for U2 to release a new album at the end of the tour along with an AB remaster?

Come on folks...

Personally I hope its the announcement of a Glastonbury headline slot! But judging by the fact it says 'more' breaking news, after informing us about new stuff in the U2.com shop, I suppose anything could class as news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom