probably asked a million times but what does Bono say during Electric Co in Chicago?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
what does Bono say on The Electric Co on the DVD? this is for anyone at the *something* like 20 years ago, 25, 23...what is the something, what is the reference to, and what are all the numbers?

I don't have the dvd with me or the audio, but if I recall he mentions this song if for anyone at the aragon, which as coolian referenced is club they probably played on thier first tour of America, roughly 20, 23, 25 years before.

Was it the Park West? They played there a couple of times in the early days, once on Boy and once on October. Their other appearances in Chicago on those tours were at university venues.

Might be wrong here Ax, but wasn't that in Boston, that Park West reference? Or do i mix up the dvd's with by boots.. or both;)

JulioArca said:
Might be wrong here Ax, but wasn't that in Boston, that Park West reference? Or do i mix up the dvd's with by boots.. or both;)

The Park West is in Chicago:

http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/locdetails420.html

In Boston, they played The Paradise. Now, I'm not sure what Bono says on the DVD as I'm about to move and it's packed in a box, but if he did get it muddled, I can't say I'd be shocked! This is Bono, after all. I wouldn't be surprised to hear him claim they played the Park West in Helena, Montana. :wink:

Last edited:
He says, "This is for anyone at the Aragon 20 yrs ago 25 23." The Aragon Ballroom is in Chicago...many bands who just start out play there I know from looking up rock n roll history as I am 19. In 1981,82,83 U2 were a young band so they dedicated Electric Co. to the people of Chicago in 05.:larry:

I think he may have been looking at people in the crowd yelling out the actual number of years, but you can only hear him saying them (like "25?.....23?...") and not the crowd response.

Bono was referring to a show at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago. U2 played a show there during the War Tour in 83 and during the Unforgettable Fire Tour in 84. The Electric Co. played at the second show, and was most likely played at the first show (the setlist is incomplete). Bono couldn't remember how many years ago it was, but it was either 21 or 22, depending on which show he was referring to. The War Tour show was in May (same month at the DVD's show), so it was mostly likely that one.

u2-vertigo-tour.com/show392.html
u2-vertigo-tour.com/show1021.html

Back
Top Bottom