Pleban Girls Party - Amamos U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alfie :cute::heart::love:

Hi girls

wild:hug: glad your feeling a tiny bit better

hey sarah and jez :hug:

Wild im listening to Love in An Elevator by Aerosmith, its makin me laugh for 2 reasons , one is AirForce one who never send me emails :sad: and 2) its a LIFT :shifty::tongue:

:lmao:

Last edited:
I edited my last post and put in a pic of my dog there, in case anyone missed it... ah, I still have the link ready, I'll post it again.

Kajsa.jpg

I hope Alfie will get better :hug:

Sad_Girl said:
Snow! :madspit:
9.gif

We're having the biggest storm of the season at the moment. Looks like about 24 inches, with sleet and icy rain, wind, and believe it or not, thunder and lightning tossed in for good measure. :slant:

the area to the north of us lost power, so if you don't hear from me for awhile you'll know why. :sigh:

Ah yes, snow with thunder and lightning... freaked the hell out of me in first year univ the first time I saw that in Thunder Bay :lol: The funny part being that I was on the phone with Mom at the time, and I'm pretty sure she didn't believe me till this bigass crack of thunder... :wink:

WildHoney said:
Jem Clone:love ::heart :

Elevator :lol : , not the same unless it's the one in the Clarence:drool : .... Next time i'm doing more than snogging in it :shifty :

I keep getting e-mails from AF1 as i forgotten my log on name :lmao :

:lmao:

i dont get emails, i dont think they like me :sad: :lmao:

Clarence elevator :drool: :shifty:

aww Jez your dog is sooo cute :heart::cute:

My dog's (her) name is Kajsa. She's a cross between a Norwegian Buhund, and a Dutch Keeshond (not sure about the spelling there...)

WildHoney said:

Really ???? :ohmy:

Hi Drea :wave:

Well, I don't have cable, so I don't get Much or Much More Music... plus they're not overly big on playing U2 anymore (though shit like the BEP, Brittany, etc get far too much fucking play!). Mind you, when I was pulling the all-nighter on Christmas Eve trying to finish the 'rents bedspread I did see City Of Blinding Lights (at 7am :lol: )

I'd prefer U2 to much of the crap on MTV today... or VH1 (which are the only two music channels I've got)
The one they're playing now is really bad, but I won't tell you which it is, in case someone likes them :lol:

bonoishot said:

: hug:

i know its : sad: and : drool: at the same time!

Bonos pink shirt: drool: : drool: though i bet you didnt notice it as you were looking at Adam : lol:

: hyper: at your fame in the paper : wink:

It's kind of hard to miss that shirt with the rest of the boys wearing black! :laugh: But there *was* a lot of :adam: in the vid, which made me *very* happy :sexywink:

*snerk* I don't know if I'll even be quoted, won't find out till Sat :lol:

JezSnape said:
I'd prefer U2 to much of the crap on MTV today... or VH1 (which are the only two music channels I've got)
The one they're playing now is really bad, but I won't tell you which it is, in case someone likes them :lol:

Now I'm curious :lol: What video are you watching?

Ooops, the time some of the TO members of Team Canada are meeting at the Duke of York pub tonight got changed from 8 to 6, so I'm off for food, drink, hockey and knitting :lol: See you guys later! :wave:

If anyone takes offence, I'm sorry, but it's Pussycat Dolls, with that "don'tcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me..." thing. Not my cup of tea, so to speak. My little sister likes them, tho...:huh:

Drea said:

Well, I don't have cable, so I don't get Much or Much More Music... plus they're not overly big on playing U2 anymore (though shit like the BEP, Brittany, etc get far too much fucking play!). Mind you, when I was pulling the all-nighter on Christmas Eve trying to finish the 'rents bedspread I did see City Of Blinding Lights (at 7am :lol: )

i get 2 music channels, Smash Hits (which does a good rock thing on friday nights :drool: ) and TMF which arent the best channels but they do play U2 ocassionally :lol:

Drea said:
Ooops, the time some of the TO members of Team Canada are meeting at the Duke of York pub tonight got changed from 8 to 6, so I'm off for food, drink, hockey and knitting :lol: See you guys later! :wave :

seeyou tommorow drea :hug:

duke of york pub, is that british themed by any chance :wink: have fun

i should go, meant to go for an early night , yeah that happened :lol:

night girls :heart::hug:

Wild :clonelove::heart::hug:

X

Bye Jem :hug:

Hi girls :wave: I have to write an essay for extra credit (and for a cash prize :wink: ) only 300-400 words on a 'law of life' and explain it, give examples, tell why its important to me, and how the world can be a better place if people follow it. I have a few good quotes I like that I found, but I don't know which one to use and expand on :banghead: Anyone want to offer some advice? :wink:

Here's my choices so far: (and yes I can make it up myself but I like these and obviously I'll credit the source) The underlined is the main law I'd talk about (I need to cut down the long quotes though :lol: just read the underlined :wink: )

1) "Here's to the future. The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in, dream out loud, at high volume."

2) “But in the end, you've got to become the change you want to see in the world.”

3) "At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out, they fence you in. Life is messy, that's how we're made. So, you can waste your life drawing lines, or you can live your life crossing them. But there are some lines that are way too dangerous to cross. Here's what I know: if you're willing to take the chance, the view from the other side is spectacular."

4) "At the end of the day faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. Its like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And its not so important that it's happy ever after, just that its happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you, and once in a while people may even take your breath away."

5) "A couple of hundred years ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success. Never leave that till tomorrow, he said, which you can do today. This is the man who discovered electricity. You think more people would listen to what he had to say. I don't know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I'd have to say it has a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, sometimes the fear is just of making a decision, because what if you're wrong? What if you're making a mistake you can't undo? The early bird catches the worm. A stitch in time saves nine. He who hesitates is lost. We can't pretend we hadn't been told. We've all heard the proverbs, heard the philosophers, heard our grandparents warning us about wasted time, heard the damn poets urging us to seize the day. Still sometimes we have to see for ourselves. We have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. We have to sweep today's possibility under tomorrow's rug until we can't anymore. Until we finally understand for ourselves what Benjamin Franklin really meant. That knowing is better than wondering, that waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beat the hell out of never trying."

6) "It's not a day on the calendar. Not a birthday, not a new year. It's an event, big or small, something that changes us. Ideally, it gives us hope. A new way of living and looking at the world. Letting go of old habits, old memories...What's important is that we never stop believing we can have a new beginning. But it's also important to remember that amid all the crap...are a few things worth holding on to."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom