Pleban Girls and Boys Party - Be afraid, be very afraid!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
greeneyedgirl said:
A friend of ours had belly dancers flown in from ? for his sons wedding. They are from Saudi Arabia, the son had an arranged marriage, and it was a big to-doins. It was pretty, but I was 10, so I had no idea what they were supposed to be doing :huh:

They have bellydancing lessons every year at the resort we go to, but I always seem to miss them because I'm off doing other things. :reject:

I love when the bride's hands are done in mendhi. Looks sooo beautiful :love: Did she have that, or is that just a hindu tradition?

Good evening girls :D

Is Mendhi like Henna tattoos? I had that done on my hands and arms before. its really beautiful and very relaxing to have done.

Russty Cat said:

Is Mendhi like Henna tattoos? I had that done on my hands and arms before. its really beautiful and very relaxing to have done.

I had a henna tattoo done on my shoulder for a couple of weeks once. it was pretty cool :up:

I'm back, by the way. The phone won't stop ringing tonight

Russty Cat said:

To be honest, I'm not sure if it refers to all hindu henna tattoos, or just the hand art that are done for the wedding ceremony, but I'm referring to the latter.

You had it done? :drool: It's so intricate, it looks like it would take hours.

greeneyedgirl said:
Oh SG, does it last that long?
I thought it washed off........

or did you just not shower that wk? :ohmy:

It's areally really deep penatrating dye, it actually goes through the skin layers so that it won't wash off. it grows off as your skin sheds naturally

greeneyedgirl said:
I spy Russty

You are too quick for me! :wink:

My henna tattoos last about 6 weeks I think. They gradually wear off. I think they took about 3 hours to apply. I'm tempted to have it done again when I we get remairred. Even though I'm having a real tattoo done for that as well.

GG thank you, I'm still loving my tattoo even though the stinker hurts a ton today. :lol: I have to wait till next Friday to finish it up. Give it some time to relax and heal a bit.

:hug: SG!!! :D :sexywink:

Russty Cat said:

You are too quick for me! :wink:

My henna tattoos last about 6 weeks I think. They gradually wear off. I think they took about 3 hours to apply. I'm tempted to have it done again when I we get remairred. Even though I'm having a real tattoo done for that as well.

GG thank you, I'm still loving my tattoo even though the stinker hurts a ton today. :lol: I have to wait till next Friday to finish it up. Give it some time to relax and heal a bit.

:hug: SG!!! :D :sexywink:

:hug: Russty :) ** I'M sorry to hear about how painful this tat has been :yikes:

Mine took aout two hours to apply, and it wore off in two weeks but that was because I spent a day in the hospital recieving lots and lots of IV fluids... it sortof washed it out of my system, I think.

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

:hug: Russty :) ** I'M sorry to hear about how painful this tat has been :yikes:

Mine took aout two hours to apply, and it word off in two weeks but that was because I spent a day in the hospital recieving lots and lots of IV fluids... it sortof washed it out of my system, I think.

Sarah and her friends got one done at a fair (not a ren faire :wink: ) and it took about two weeks, too.

Back
Top Bottom