Phoenix #1 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not unpopular....just overdone....I love all three....

360 is practically my perfect setlist. IALW, SUAM, Sarajevo, Stay, AIWIY,... I absolutely love these, even though most are now sick to death of them. Stay's probably my least favorite of that bunch actually, but still.

Two of my all-time U2 favorites are the quintessential beautiful U2 songs. Ultraviolet and Electrical Storm. I just love this stuff.

I think this tour is too slow though, and focuses too much on beautiful stuff. It's missing jumpy songs for me, Elevation in particular.

Still it's fun as hell to watch the band pull old goodies out of the abyss.

When was the last time they played 25 songs in a concert? I think they haven't done it in a long long time. Does anyone know?

I would be more than thrilled if this is the L.A.#1 setlist. Yeah there are things I would change, but so what? That looks like a great night. :hyper:

So I was thinking of trying to Periscope some at a couple of the LA shows. I've never tried it yet though. How do you go about posting a link and letting people know you're broadcasting?

Aiwiy come on...

Yeah AIWIY would be an awesome closer. :up:

When was the last time they played 25 songs in a concert? I think they haven't done it in a long long time. Does anyone know?

Five of the six final 360 shows reached the 25 song mark - and two of them went on to have 26 songs. One of them had 28 on the printed setlist!

In fact, basically half (12 out of 25) of the shows on 360's final leg had more than 24 songs. The remaining 13 all had 24; there were none shorter than that - although Winnipeg only gets to 24 thanks to Happy Birthday, since Moment Of Surrender was not played despite being on the printed set.

Yes it would be!

AIWIY closed five shows on the last two legs of Vertigo - and of course they were literally the show before I saw them (OK so there was a biiiig gap between Buenos Aires 2 and Brisbane, but there wasn't meant to be originally!), and the second show after my run of gigs ended. It wasn't played at any of the shows in Australia and New Zealand, because if I'm in attendance then AIWIY is not. I am evidently not all that U2 wants.

So I was thinking of trying to Periscope some at a couple of the LA shows. I've never tried it yet though. How do you go about posting a link and letting people know you're broadcasting?
I think there is a way through twitter, which helps out those of us who don't have an IPhone or Ipad. Probably once you download the app you can play around with it to figure out. Hope you have fun if you do use it or you don't!

Sorry my stream went out guys. I moved to the e-stage and then the app said I had zero viewers so I stopped it.

Then I couldn't get it back started up again.

AIWIY closed five shows on the last two legs of Vertigo - and of course they were literally the show before I saw them (OK so there was a biiiig gap between Buenos Aires 2 and Brisbane, but there wasn't meant to be originally!), and the second show after my run of gigs ended. It wasn't played at any of the shows in Australia and New Zealand, because if I'm in attendance then AIWIY is not. I am evidently not all that U2 wants.

I saw it twice on 360.

My biggest miss has been Ultraviolet. :sad:

I think there is a way through twitter, which helps out those of us who don't have an IPhone or Ipad. Probably once you download the app you can play around with it to figure out. Hope you have fun if you do use it or you don't!

Thanks, I have the app already and know how to broadcast, I just wasn't sure about providing the link for everyone. Is it just opting to have the "Twitter Post On" enabled, that will automatically produce a link on Twitter? Otherwise I can post in the setlist thread probably once that I will be trying off and on through the night.

And thanks, :D Fun will surely be had.

Sorry my stream went out guys. I moved to the e-stage and then the app said I had zero viewers so I stopped it.

Then I couldn't get it back started up again.

No problem. Some of us were watching yours whenever it was on. :up: Thanks! Hoping for OOC tomorrow night!

The printed set has surfaced.

IN GOD'S COUNTRY WAS NOT ON IT.

U2 otherwise followed the printed set - Bad was on it; The Troubles wasn't.

Not gonna lie. I'm upset. In Gods Country is my favorite U2 song. :sad: Would have loved to hear it in San Jose.

That fan looks in absolute delirium! Do you think he had a sign saying he would play it? It seems like bono was chatting with him about it. That would be so cool!, that would be the dream to play with them! It looks like they usually seem to play In god's Country around arizona and nevada dates in the past (looks at the u2gigs.com page ;))

The show looked amazing! Can't wait to see what other surprises pop out!

Back
Top Bottom