PGP - Never Tear Us Apart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane L said:
Jo!!! :hug: :wave:

Cable IS good, but it's expensive in this area. I pay nearly $100 a month for "Family Cable" (which includes the all-important Comedy Central (Colbert) and MSNBC (Keith)) and Internet Access. That's painful!

I did see a really good show on the Travel Channel yesterday. Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" did a report on Ireland and its cuisine, and he mentioned that when in Dublin, he always stays at the same suite at the Clarence. No footage at the Clarence, but it was still a fascinating show, and I'm going to be watching it every week now.

I love that show :drool: I missed the marathon yesterday, and I hadn't seen the Ireland one :sigh:

that's cool to hear, though :)

One of these days I'll buy a reciever box for my parents satelitte and have it wired back here to my room instead of having to leave the computer and go out to the living room to watch anything other than CBS :lol:

That's why I don't have cable, Diane. I've heard it costs a lot for even the "basic" channels, several of which you already get over the air. And I was on such a strict budget for so long, I didn't want to pay for TV. Now that it might finally be loosening up a bit, I still don't want to spend extra money on TV.

Edit: If, like SG or my stepmother, I lived in a smaller town, I'd probably get cable so I'd have more entertainment options.

Last edited:
Diane - *g* You guys'll need a part-time (at least) page... I can still shelve and shelf-read with the best of 'em :wink: (It'd also give my hands a break from all the crocheting and knitting I'll be responsible for :lol: )

I really don't watch TV much at all. I think it's because I work with the public, and when I get home, I want to be in a quiet atmosphere. I enjoy the quiet. I don't even listen to the radio or CDs or anything.

I did watch some of the Twilight Zone marathon on SciFi, which was fun.

Drea said:
Diane - *g* You guys'll need a part-time (at least) page... I can still shelve and shelf-read with the best of 'em :wink: (It'd also give my hands a break from all the crocheting and knitting I'll be responsible for :lol: )

Oh, yeah, we still need to name the Pleban library! Diane, should we have that be the first order of business at the Friends of the Library meeting?

Yes, Jo, we can do that. Oh, yeah, I can be the head of the Friends group too!!! :)

We can put up signs: "U2 can check out books here," "U2 can take out your favorite shows on DVD," things like that! Then we can have BIG copies of those photos of Our Guys looking at U2 By U2 to show kids how kewl it is to read.

Diane L said:
Yes, Jo, we can do that. Oh, yeah, I can be the head of the Friends group too!!! :)

We can put up signs: "U2 can check out books here," "U2 can take out your favorite shows on DVD," things like that! Then we can have BIG copies of those photos of Our Guys looking at U2 By U2 to show kids how kewl it is to read.

Don't forget the "U2@your library" campaign!

(little bit of librarian humor, plebans)

Here's a library pic that would make me want to read (even more than I already do :wink: )

Bono363.jpg

BonoPortrait14.jpg

Oh, Jo, this patron was really P.O.ed at us because we were closed New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. She said "You're turning into the Post Office!" and "You're supposed to be open when we're home. Where are we going to take our kids?"

!!!!! :madspit: :madwife:

Poor kids!!!

Diane L said:
Oh, Jo, this patron was really P.O.ed at us because we were closed New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. She said "You're turning into the Post Office!" and "You're supposed to be open when we're home. Where are we going to take our kids?"

Poor kids!!!

How about at home, being nurtured by a loving family who cares enough to take books out ahead of time and read to them when the other festivities slow down? :grumpy: I wouldn't even imagine the library being open on a holiday.

Wait - is the library there open on SUNDAYS? :shocked: ours is only open for like three hours on Saturdays and never on Sunday

Diane L said:

Poor kids!!!

1. If you were the Post Office, you also would have been closed today for the Ford funeral. :wink:

2. Every other freakin' public library in the country was also closed on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. So yours was supposed to stay open because she had days off and couldn't figure out how to amuse her kids at home? :shrug:

Sad_Girl said:
How about at home, being nurtured by a loving family who cares enough to take books out ahead of time and read to them when the other festivities slow down? :grumpy: I wouldn't even imagine the library being open on a holiday.

:applaud:

As for libraries being open on Sundays, most of them here in the Detroit suburbs are open on Sunday afternoons during the school year.

My local library was down to a five-day week a few years ago when it had budget trouble; thankfully their funding's stable again and they're back to being open six and seven days a week.

Great answer, SG! Yes, we're open from 1-5 pm on Sundays from September to June. The staff doesn't mind, because we get double time every time we work (I usually do two a month). Our library is also open on Friday evenings, which some others aren't around here. I work then too, but I love the other two clerks I'm with, so it's fun.

that's very cool, that you have more hours that your libraries are open and available to people more :up:

and I'm glad to hear that you have a good group to work with on those Sundays, Diane. :yes:

:shifty: Nothing. :shifty:

I get excited about the stupidest things, but I feel like I just figured out the Davinci code or something....it wasn't working, it was being a pain, and then suddenly, tada, I figured it out!

So now my brain is celebrating it's self by releasing endorphins or something. :lol:

*jumps on SG*
:kiss:
How are you!? :hug:

Hello! :hug:

Grocery shopping tonight was a success! :lol:

I just turned on the hockey game, and what did I see but the U2/Green Day music video for "Saints" interspersed with hockey footage! :hyper: :love: It was so awesome! :D

How's everyone tonight? :hug:

~BrightestStar~ said:
Oh, I have a task......I need a pic of Larry, from this tour, preferably playing his instrument ( heh :sexywink: )
And the prettier the pic, the better :wink:

color or Black and White? Full Drumset or snare drum?

Back
Top Bottom