NYC Setlist Party #4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michael-jackson-popcorn.gif.html

Anyone still writing? :shifty:

PM me. That's def not a setlist convo. :lol::lol:

So that guy harassing U2gigs is an interference member, right? Has to be with that tweet history. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

See, clearly a reasonable person with reasonable expectations. :wink:

(Why is it that Boy Falls From the Sky is such a go-to song for the nutters?)

Boy Falls is awesome! You so wrong.

Well that was pretty unexpected!

I see I'm not the only person to have the "no AIWIY" curse.

Axver, I thought of you when they played that song. I remember texting that info to Lila 10 years ago and you being excited that it was the 1st R&H show played in the Vertigo tour.
I really loved keeping track of the setlist that night. Old-times technology!

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Boy Falls is awesome! You so wrong.

Oh, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the song. It's just weird that it's always namechecked by the most unhinged and shouty people.

Axver, I thought of you when they played that song. I remember texting that info to Lila 10 years ago and you being excited that it was the 1st R&H show played in the Vertigo tour.
I really loved keeping track of the setlist that night. Old-times technology!

Hah, NYC has had a good run of rare performances of AIWIY over the years!

I still remember how we'd hang on tenterhooks for the updates - first the person being texted would get the text, then they'd have to post it, and we'd all be refreshing waiting to find out what the next song was...

Quick shout out to the incredible hot women in the first row in the stands as I looked up from GA and saw them humping all their dates. Ugly dudes too. Man's world. Man's world.

I'm going to be that person. Bono is kind of starting to creep me out. That girl looked really young. Talk me out of thinking it's gross please!
:reject:

I'd like to see him pull up an age-appropriate woman on stage for once.
Like me.
Except he'd have to use a forklift to get me onto the stage...
And apparently I appeared on Meerkat during their segment. I was wearing a stylin' zebra-patterned blouse. Very rawk n roll.

Missed the show, just got back from Southpaw (meh). Cool to see Lucifer's Hands get its 3rd / 36th performance and AIWIY pop up. That still leaves The Crystal Ballroom, California, and WLCTT (guessing it will show up at one NYC show before disappearing forever :sad:) for the e stage. Wonder if they'll start recycling songs or pulling some new stuff. Shame October seems to have disappeared.

Quick shout out to the incredible hot women in the first row in the stands as I looked up from GA and saw them humping all their dates. Ugly dudes too. Man's world. Man's world.

There were hot women all over the damn place tonight.

Also a big FUCK YOU to the woman in row 14 in 212 for calling me a "pain in the ass" for having to get up "all night to get beer"

also a big FUCK YOU to the people in my row for forgetting all about me when myself and my uncle came back to our seats and called us out on our seats not being ours when one of the morons in our row just moved over to make more room for his fat self and his beer that he was drinking out of from a fucking straw!!!

I swear to god I've never seen more hot chicks, dumb assholes, and people who don't speak fucking English in one place than a U2 concert

Last edited:
I'd like to see him pull up an age-appropriate woman on stage for once.
Like me.
Except he'd have to use a forklift to get me onto the stage...
And apparently I appeared on Meerkat during their segment. I was wearing a stylin' zebra-patterned blouse. Very rawk n roll.

I thought that was a perk of being a rockstar... did he really promise her he was going to Columbia? Have they ever played there?

Great show...lots of energy. Band sounded great. Bummed that they didn't mix it up more since it was 4th show out of 8. Happy I heard AIWIY for the first time since 01, but bummed they didnt play Crystal or California. Didn't need to hear Electric Co again. I may try for tickets for the 31st. Depends on the price.

I saw Bono daughter eve for sure. We locked eyes. Instant crush. And pretty sure saw his other daughter. Women in ladder behind barrier wall between floor and seats could have been mrs Bono but didn't look like her 100% from pics in my head. She was wife stage guys with walkie talkies but one kind of looked like Gavin Friday.

Also a big FUCK YOU to the woman in row 14 in 212 for calling me a "pain in the ass" for having to get up "all night to get beer"

also a big FUCK YOU to the people in my row for forgetting all about me when myself and my uncle came back to our seats and called us out on our seats not being ours when one of the morons in our row just moved over to make more room for his fat self and his beer that he was drinking out of from a fucking straw!!!

I swear to god I've never seen more hot chicks, dumb assholes, and people who don't speak fucking English in one place than a U2 concert

I don't drink so watching people struggle or only think about this with any event is like alien watching humans from space. Fascinated. Confused.

I will add I smelled a lot of people tonight. It's hot but believe it was European fans who don't wear deodorant. Can't be sure. But I went to Paris for a few days and it was August and I almost passed out daily from body odor. It smelled like that to me often.

But in general concert crowds are terrible. Sometimes your whole
Experience is based on luck of the draw of assholes around you.

I've been lucky.

I don't drink so watching people struggle or only think about this with any event is like alien watching humans from space. Fascinated. Confused.

I will add I smelled a lot of people tonight. It's hot but believe it was European fans who don't wear deodorant. Can't be sure. But I went to Paris for a few days and it was August and I almost passed out daily from body odor. It smelled like that to me often.

I've been lucky.

Erm I am European and I wear deodorant? To be fair that's a pretty offensive remark to be making

I thought that was a perk of being a rockstar... did he really promise her he was going to Columbia? Have they ever played there?

Sounded like he gave a pretty non-committal response to me. They've never been to Colombia. The only South American countries they've played are Argentina, Brazil, and Chile.

Didn't need to hear Electric Co again.

You meant that The Electric Co. needs to be played at every show, right? Right.

I've been lucky.

These two posts are quite bad

looking forward to going to an Aussie show and seeing how you unwashed hogs smell at gigs! #diplomaticincident

I've been lucky.

Such the charmer.

France =/= Europe.

It's quite common knowledge here that the body odor of those in mediterranean countries is rather stronger than those of Nordic European countries, this is simply genetically explained... and yes, older generations in France seldom wear deodorant. Going there for summer holidays as a kid for years on end I've had plenty of experience with that. But that doesn't mean that all French people don't wear deodorant.

I've been lucky.

You do know Europe is a continent with 750 million people, right? So a stroll around Paris hardly makes you an expert.

Let's change the subject...

From what I've observed from the two shows I attended, U2 has quite a fan base in South America. On Sunday, I sat next to a sweet 20-something named Bianca from Brazil who is now living in NJ. I waited beside a group of about 8 Brazilian fans by the loading dock waiting for the guys to arrive; I took group photos for them and chatted with one of them. Very friendly and enthusiastic. Then at the concert, the Meerkat filmer from Colombia & the guitar player from Brazil. Bono seemed very touched by that guitar player; after AIWIY he embraced him for what seemed like over a minute, and he looked quite emotional to me. Oh, Bono.

And no, the band did not do a meet and greet yesterday. I've heard someone climbed over a barrier and ran towards a van, plus the size of the waiting crowds, has stopped them from doing so for the time being.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

South American U2 fans are terrific, based on my own previous experiences. I had an Argentinian woman go out of her way to say hello to me at a 2011 show, saying that she recognized me all the way back from a 2009 show! Then at Chicago this year, there was a nice young Brazilian lady who gave me a kiss on the cheek when introduced to me. I tend to get that from Europeans a lot too, but I wasn't arguing... :D

It's quite common knowledge here that the body odor of those in mediterranean countries is rather stronger than those of Nordic European countries, this is simply genetically explained

Is the common knowledge based on science or (offensive) stereotypes?
Someone in the Chicago? GA thread mentioned more body odor there too - GA lines in hot weather equals more sweating.

Back
Top Bottom