NYC #6 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kin hell only just noticed amp got on stage again? What the fuck is that all about

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Kin hell only just noticed amp got on stage again? What the fuck is that all about

Every time Bono gets shit for picking young, hot Ali lookalikes, he picks Amp to even the stats

On another note this tours bullet has gone insane, that version from last night is fucking amazing edge literally blew himself up

Agreed. Didn't have quite the same energy as the other three (Electric Co, Gloria, OOC), but would be great on the E stage.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

or in a different main stage slot. like Ax says, maybe before SFS? Cedarwood Road has long needed another rocker beside it after being surrounded by two snoozefests

it's definitely really weird in the 2 slot and lacked the band intros and stuff like that which make Electric Co and Gloria extremely special there.

Is that Bono flip off real because it's awesome.

Yep. He did that a lot in the 2010 360 shows, strutting around in the leather while the band played Return of the Stingray Guitar. Flipping off people randomly, doing silly little Bono rock star poses.

I can't remember the lyrics either. I can sing along or I'll sing the same 2 verses but I always get stuck doing it off top of my head.

I mean these days he usually goes with his solo for a Walk On like pattern and he throws some prime-fourth arpegiated intervals now and then. He used it also on Kite at Vertigo tour, now with Troubles and many other songs when he is lazy to spend more time on it. It sounds very generic and predictable. It´s nowhere close to his magic solos during early years, Lovetown or Zoo era.

I actually agree with this. He has used that same sequence quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know Edge uses lots of ascending/descinding pattern for many songs quite a bit. But i dont hate it thou, as I dont feel like that repetitive patterns are annoying. Edge does it well, unlike kirk Hammet who just throws wah and solos not going nowhere

Love that little siren sound he does during btbs edge is being far from lazy there

I actually agree with this. He has used that same sequence quite a bit.

Yep. It is a bit too similar to his Kite solo on the Vertigo tour.

Love that little siren sound he does during btbs edge is being far from lazy there

Musically it's a rehash of the JT/Lovetown versions. I vastly prefer the ZooTV/Popmart/Elevation guitar solos and he always made a new twist on it with each new tour. This is a very energetic version, no doubt about it, but it leaves me wanting more in the Edge department.

Last edited:
Yep. It is a bit too similar to his Kite solo on the Vertigo tour.

Musically it's a rehash of the JT/Lovetown versions. I vastly prefer the ZooTV/Popmart/Elevation guitar solos and he always made a new twist on it with each new tour. This is a very energetic version, no doubt about it, but it leaves me wanting more in the Edge department.

Sorry I don't really mean the solo itself more the siren sound he is adding in near the end (only heard it on the last show as not listening for a while)

Kite on Vertigo was played 8 times in AU/NZ and hasn't been played in the 9 years since. Bigger fish to fry if Edge is repeating himself.

If Bono has sheets of lyrics, then should Edge have sheet music :hmm:

It is completely irrelevant how many times or where it's been played. It's a part of U2's history and it was even officially released on the Window in the Skies single.

Should be ignore Dirty Day for its fabulous live versions because it was only played 10 times in AUS and NZ? Nah.

Wait are we bagging out Vertigo Kite? Come on guys. I'm no ATYLCB defender but that was a damn fine moment.

Basically the Vertigo Tour version of "Kite" and the live version of "Dirty Day" are probably in my top 10 favorite U2 moments. Yet both were done no more than 10 times, Kite even less I think. This band... I don't know what to say. They're still the best, but the decisions they make sometimes are beyond frustrating.

THBAO should not have been shelved for THIRTY YEARS (save for one performance in 1989).
SECONDS and SURRENDER
A Sort of Homecoming

Great songs that were pretty integral to the early stages of this band. I don't see why it's okay to nostalgically revisit BOY all the time, but not War or UF.

Also, I find it refreshing that they went back to the 80s version of "Bullet", musically speaking.

They are huge assholes. No other reason I can think of.

Basically the Vertigo Tour version of "Kite" and the live version of "Dirty Day" are probably in my top 10 favorite U2 moments. Yet both were done no more than 10 times, Kite even less I think. This band... I don't know what to say. They're still the best, but the decisions they make sometimes are beyond frustrating.

THBAO should not have been shelved for THIRTY YEARS (save for one performance in 1989).
SECONDS and SURRENDER
A Sort of Homecoming

Great songs that were pretty integral to the early stages of this band. I don't see why it's okay to nostalgically revisit BOY all the time, but not War or UF.

Also, I find it refreshing that they went back to the 80s version of "Bullet", musically speaking.

I just youtube that version of Kite and it was incredible. i never heard it before. Is there a thread just devoted to best version of U2 songs? Im sure there are 1000s.

That started me on YouTube deep dive and been listening to some past great ones. I'm listening to Stay /bad/ Streets from Elevation in Boston and I'm more moved by this than anything I've seen in current shows. It just takes me back and sounds so fucking awesome!!!!!!

Just sang Original of the Species he sang in chicago and mentioned it was for his daughter Jordan while holding my 2 daughters and dancing... I had my own mini concert just now.

How do I know they are great? because I'm listening to 14 year old videos in my apt and I feel like I'm right back to 2001. oR 2005.

I think Surrender would sound even better than Two Hearts did. maybe in Europe?

they should revive Kite as a closer. even without the didgeridoo. I don't like ATYCLB much at all but Kite is easily the best song on it.

I haven't heard it in soo long and it sounded so fresh and great.

Back
Top Bottom