NFL Draft Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kitty, I remember when Pac Man Fever was played on the radio.
It looks like this Pacman might be gobbled up by the NFL or the police.

My little brother and I had the whole stupid album with songs about just about every video game that was out.

"here comes Evil Otto push the fire button in.."

I think that was "Berserk"

Otto was a big smilie evil basketball that could not be killed. Once he bounced in the room it was all over :uhoh:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
The Super Bowl MVP was to receive a $10 million roster bonus during the offseason but by converting the money into a regular signing bonus, the Colts can prorate that amount over the remaining four years of his deal. That saves Indianapolis space under the cap, which is $109 million.

This helps a little...but just moves the money to another year.

Polian is a damn good GM and knows the system.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dallas Clark is a goofball!

BEAL said:

Yeah, it was a little story here in Iowa. From what I've heard, he always goes back to support his HS teams. Story has it he walked up to a ref, and told him that his crew was horrible. He was probably thrown out because he's DC. Who knows, maybe he was saying horrible things, but it's not like HS students don't do the same thing.

Dallas Clark is a BIG goof ball. I would bet that he was thinking he was funny...and the Iowa high school girls basketball ref took offense. He has that type of sense of humor!

So the Boston Globe is reporting that Corey Dillon is going to retire.

I'd like for him to hang out with the Patriots for one more year, but of course New England's running game is secure for the future with Laurence Maroney.

Dillon has won his ring, and has over 11,000 rushing yards in his career, so I guess he doesn't really need to do anything else.

Globe says retire, Herald says he wants his release to hook on with a different team:

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=184571&srvc=home

Dillon seeks a new job -- Agent: RB done with Pats, not for good
By Albert Breer/ MetroWest Daily News
Friday, February 23, 2007 - Updated: 02:00 AM EST

Patriots running back Corey Dillon may retire. But as of this morning, he’s not intending to.

After speaking to Dillon late last night, agent Steve Feldman said the future Hall of Fame tailback has asked the Patriots [team stats] for his release, and it will be granted on March 2, the first day of the NFL’s free agency period.

At that point, the agent said, Dillon will seek a new employer.

“We were in discussions the last few days, and based on the roster and the offense, we felt there were better opportunities out there in the NFL,” said Feldman. “He felt like getting eight or 10 carries a game didn’t give him the opportunity to demonstrate the abilities he still has. He figures he has a year or two left where he can be a premier performer.”

Feldman said that once March 2 rolls around, “all options are open,” and retirement would be one of those. But the agent intimated that Dillon would only hang up his cleats if the right offer didn’t come along.

Dillon, 32, has three years remaining on his contract, with a $4.4 million cap hit for 2007.

In 2006, Dillon rushed for 812 yards on 199 carries (a 4.1 average) and 13 touchdowns - an improvement on an injury-marred 2005 campaign in which he averaged a career-low 3.5 yards per rush.

He finished 2006 with 11,241 career yards, tops among active NFL backs and 14th in league history.

Those numbers, in Feldman’s mind, should be enough to buy Dillon a shot to play elsewhere as a lead back.

“He’d love to stick around, if it’s the right opportunity,” said Feldman. “Last season proved he’s still got the pop and the burst to be a primary back. I don’t know if he’s still a 25-carry-a-game guy, but I feel like he could certainly take a good 15 carries a game and be effective.”

What may be even more important, Feldman said, is that his will to do so remains intact.

“Absolutely, he’s still got the passion,” said Feldman. “He’s at a point where he doesn’t have anything to prove, though. He doesn’t need the money, either, so he’ll just do what suits him best.”

However, the Herald reported that, after the Patriots’ loss to Indianapolis in the AFC Championship Game, Dillon told teammates that he was done.

I saw that, too. In any event, he's not going to be with New England next year.

That will help with the cap space. It's not the Pats style, but they've got to be considering signing Adalius Thomas. It would fill a major hole in their lineup.

Who knows, maybe they cut Dillon and then resign him for 1 year if he can't get the type situation he wants elsewhere.
I'd like him around for 2007, but probably no longer.
He really has lost his burst, quite a few times this year he busted through the line and got easily tracked down from behind while losing steam.
He's really not a feature back any more, but still a good inside power back. 12-15 carries a game seems right, with a speed back (Maroney) getting another 15-18 carries.

If he goes, like you said, its $4.4 mil of cap space, they can draft a 2nd back in the middle rounds or pick up an inexpensive free agent (Dominic Rhodes should come cheap these days) for like $1mil or so.

Tomlinson's Dad killed in car crash:sad:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-obit-tomlinsonsfather&prov=ap&type=lgns

My Daddy died the same way, I certainly feel for him tonight
bawling2.gif

Guys, I'm sorry for dragging this thread down with my sad story. We've had our moment of silence, you can go back to playing around now.

But I do wonder how this tragedy in his life is going to affect Tomlinson's play next year. He could be overly inspired to win in honor of his Dad, or depressed he's not there to see it. I'm sure the media will make a story of it like they did with Brett Favre's Dad, which upset him.

Honestly, I think that by the time next season has rolled around, no one will even mention the fact the LDT's father died. Favre's Dad was different since it happened in the middle of the season - right before a game.

And if the Chargers make it far into the playoffs, there's bound to be a long, sad music backed dramatic piece of some type during an interview with him and/or story about him.

And I bet they don't forget the 'classy' speech from the playoff game outburst either. These things are part of his story now, like it or not.

Looks like Rhodes might get off:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070226/SPORTS03/70226020/1100

He's got enough money to get a lawyer to try this. When my husband got his last DUI, the cop who pulled him was not from the city he was pulled in. After he was taken to jail, his car was left over a mile into the next city, and they didn't have it towed like they usually do- probably because the cop didn't admit where it was. The bar's parking lot was literally on the city border line, and as soon as he pulled out, he was in the city the cop did not have jurisdiction over yet he followed him a mile into the next city before he ever turned on his lights. The cop put the bar parking lot on the ticket as the arrest location, which was not true. I told my husband to challenge it and try to get it thrown out, but he said nobody would believe him over a cop and he was probably right. But Rhodes is rich so we'll see.

Kitty, with all due respect, how many times has your husband been pulled over for DUI/DWI?
BTW, the NFL should ban Pacman from the league.

I think PacMan will be suspended once all the details come out. Reading different reports from all over...some say he beat the crap out of the stripper who was picking up his money, and other reports that he really wasn't "that" involved.

I think he's as good as gone from the Titans, and maybe out of the league. But you know someone will give him a chance.

MrPryck2U said:
Kitty, with all due respect, how many times has your husband been pulled over for DUI/DWI?

Only 3, so far :drunk: I think/hope he's learned his lesson. He makes me take him and go pick him up now. The last time he snuck off to the bar when I wasn't home, he woke up didn't see his car in the driveway. He called the cops and said his car was stolen. An APB was out for it, and it turned up right in front of his favorite watering hole. He then remembered the bartender's husband had driven him home. He was then known as 'Dude where's my car dude.'

BTW, the NFL should ban Pacman from the league.

Am I the only person who doesn't really give a damn what a guy does off the field on his own time as long as he's sober and ready to play on gameday? But then again, I married a drunk driver ;)

Yes, you're the only one. Pacman beat up a stripper at a club for no apparent reason except for him being a fuckin' psycho.
Sorry about your husband. I'd say he had a drinking problem, but it looks like he's got no problem drinking. Seriously though, I hope he's in AA or something. Driving drunk is bad.

MrPryck2U said:
Yes, you're the only one. Pacman beat up a stripper at a club for no apparent reason except for him being a fuckin' psycho.

And if he loses his job and ends up broke on the street, he's going to be ten times more likely to go around doing shit like that, and stealing, using and dealing drugs, and probably dying young. You don't turn your back on people with problems. Keep him and get him counseling. And let him leave his 'beating up' for the game.

Sorry about your husband. I'd say he had a drinking problem, but it looks like he's got no problem drinking. Seriously though, I hope he's in AA or something. Driving drunk is bad.

Actually he can go months w/o drinking but once he starts he can't stop. But really, since the lost car episode he hasn't been wasted once. I think he's gonna be okay, I hope!

I'm glad that PacMan has a free ride in life then. I'm not so sure the rest of us would have a job if we were involved with the police 8 times in the past few years.

But it's OK for him to do whatever he wants cause he plays a kids game.

And we need to continue to let him play the kids game for millions of dollars so he'll be able to continue to pull off stunts like the one in Vegas. Its just good management of the bad seeds in society...give them lots of money and let them do what they want.

No matter what he did in life, he'd still be the same way. Like look at Anna Nicole and Britney, all the money in the world didn't change them from having Jerry Springer lives like poor folk. It just goes on a grander scale, and your dirty laundry ends up on TV. I've seen other stories of NFL stars who ended up broke and dead a few years after their career ended.Some people are going to end up in the gutter no matter what.

I can see how you all think he doesn't deserve the right to keep that kind of job when anyone else would be fired. It's not fair to the guys who do behave themselves. Just like Michael Irvin shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame when Art Monk isn't.

Last edited:
That is just lame on so many levels. If he's going to break the law, regardless of his occupation, he should be locked up. You could probably argue that if he wasn't employed by the NFL, he would already be in jail.

And saying us "regular" folks getting upset at millionare professional atheletes is the same as Art Monk not getting into the Hall of Fame is just wrong.

Michael Irvin should be in the Hall of Fame, Kitty. We all know about you hating the Cowboys, so it's no surprise you don't like Irvin. As for Art Monk, maybe his day will come.
There's no way in Hell that Pacman deserves to still be in the NFL! I can't believe you feel sympathy for him. But, I'll give Pacman his due. At least he can play football. Anna Nicole had NO talent! The only thing she was good at was being stoned on TV! Britney is another one with NO talent. The only thing she is good at is putting out bad music.
I bet you probably thought that Rae Carruth got a bad rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom