NFL 2014 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aaron-Rodgers-grape-Crush.jpg

Voodoo devil magic dictates that the Giants have to win the Super Bowl next season so you should be fine.

I'll take it.

In all honesty... if the O line is able to improve and Cruz comes back healthy... They do have a good amount of cap space to spend next year.

Reese is usually good with free agents... it's the draft that turns him into Jerry Reach, Beckham aside.

Eric Berry might have lymphoma. Very young, one of the league's best safeties and from all accounts a good guy. Thoughts and prayers with him and his family, dunno when they're going to know for sure what's going on with him.

Damn, it was a little tough watching Rex Ryan's press conference last night. When the '96 Jets were 1-15, I didn't care if Rich Kotite got canned. Ryan started his Jets' career with so much promise. (2 AFC Championship appearances) It's a shame to see what it has turned into. Now, all Rex can do is stare at the hangman's noose longingly to put him out of his misery.

Then we got Coughlin over there on the other side of MetLife stadium. He had a great run, but it looks like it's time for him to retire. The Giants defense, once the pride of the organization, is a fuckin' joke. Eli gives them the lead with 3 minutes to go and they piss it down the drain in 2 minutes. :doh:

And what's even more ridiculous is that it's very possible that a 11 or 12 win team could miss the playoffs.

I've reiterated again and again how little I care for the current playoff system, but hey, it encourages close divisional races which means $$$ for the NFL.

Damn, it was a little tough watching Rex Ryan's press conference last night. When the '96 Jets were 1-15, I didn't care if Rich Kotite got canned. Ryan started his Jets' career with so much promise. (2 AFC Championship appearances) It's a shame to see what it has turned into. Now, all Rex can do is stare at the hangman's noose longingly to put him out of his misery.

Then we got Coughlin over there on the other side of MetLife stadium. He had a great run, but it looks like it's time for him to retire. The Giants defense, once the pride of the organization, is a fuckin' joke. Eli gives them the lead with 3 minutes to go and they piss it down the drain in 2 minutes. :doh:

I'd much rather see Reese get fired. He's done a terrible job drafting in the high rounds, Odell Beckham aside.

They have a good amount of cap space, and if the offensive line improves, and they fill in the necessary gaps on defense... and oh I dunno, maybe get a few linebackers who don't suck... then they could make one not run with Coughlin and Eli.

If you're going to bring in a new coach, you'll probably have to bring in a new offensive coordinator as well... and you just spent a year adjusting Eli to a new scheme, of which he's done well...

So I think Coughlin and Eli get one more year. After that it's anyone's guess.

As for Rex Ryan... As he gets rightfully kicked to the curb, I'd just like to thank him for his sheer inability to shut up, which helped spark the Giants to their last Super Bowl run.

Seriously though... Fuck Rex and fuck the whole Ryan family. Rex is a great defensive mind and should go back to being a coordinator. You can be a frat house guy who knows dick about offense when you're an assistant coach.

Yeah, that's the dilemma with Coughlin. How do you fire him when the Giants just got a new OC?

Sarcastically, I'll miss Ryan's proclamations that the Jets are the best team in town. Meanwhile, they haven't been to the SB since the '68 season.

Sanchez tried hard to lose momentum on that drive, but Dallas' defense is trying much harder by not tackling or doing much of anything.

December Romo came to work a week early this year.

Ha!

I would like to think their shitty performance had more to do with a short turnaround from Sunday night in NY, and a short week, lack of prep, and that the Eagles are pretty damn good....

But you might be onto something. I hope not but you never know.

I'm not going to survive if the playoffs are anything like this.

Back
Top Bottom