NFL 2010 Part Two (Shotgun) 6 - J. Cutler sacked at CHI 22 for -9 yards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They really only beat the Eagles because of Vick's awful interception and the Eagles' injuries at the cornerback position. I think if Asante's there, the Eagles win.

Still waiting for the same thing to happen to the Bears.

It's like the 2006 season all over again, and hopefully this time it won't last until a Super Bowl embarrassment.

The Bears are not nearly as good as their record indicates.

yet they continue to win. I said the same thing until they beat the Eagles. They're just awfully inconsistent and dont have a QB. Which means they are a good team, but they wont go anywhere in the playoffs.

They really only beat the Eagles because of Vick's awful interception and the Eagles' injuries at the cornerback position. I think if Asante's there, the Eagles win.

Hahahahahahaha.

The haters can't stand it. I love it.

-Always fun to see McNabb lose no matter what uniform he's in. A good slaughter by the Giants. :hyper:

-Peyton Manning, wow, 4 INT's. :huh:

-Love the throwback Buccaneer jerseys. :up:

Haven't seen much of the Bears lately...is Martz still getting Jay Cutler killed by sending five receivers flying upfield every play, or has he figured out that that you're allowed to run the ball and throw the ball short as well?

the Bears were really impressive today. to go on the road and beat an elite team like the Lions says a lot. this was a statement game for sure!

Hahahahahahaha.

The haters can't stand it. I love it.

Well I mean, again if you read my post, it's pretty much somewhere in between. The Bears are certainly streaky, thus somewhat inconsistent. They're cleared for the playoffs in my opinion, but I doubt they'll do much there with Cutler.

Could be wrong, just my take on it. And for the record, Cutler > Orton. Still a good trade.

Not trying to be a homer, but I'm not at all impressed by their defeat of the Packers. Like Mikal said, reserving judgment until after week 17. They win again, and I concede to their "greatness".

Re: the Bears, they've certainly done well, but let's see how they finish after they have to play the Patriots, Jets, and Packers again.

If they win those, or 2 out of 3, I'll consider that legit.

get to know it well... we're gonna need it.

NFL Tiebreaking Procedures

The six postseason participants from each conference are seeded as follows:

The division champion with the best record.
The division champion with the second-best record.
The division champion with the third-best record.
The division champion with the fourth-best record.
The Wild Card club with the best record.
The Wild Card club with the second-best record.
The following procedures will be used to break standings ties for postseason playoffs and to determine regular-season schedules.

NOTE: Tie games count as one-half win and one-half loss for both clubs.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss
Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Coin toss
TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.
Two Clubs

Head-to-head, if applicable.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best net points in conference games.
Coin toss.
Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best net points in conference games.
Coin toss
When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

DETERMINING HOME-FIELD PRIORITY

To determine home-field priority among division titlists, apply Wild-Card tie breakers.
To determine home-field priority for Wild-Card qualifiers, apply division tie breakers (if teams are from the same division) or Wild-Card tie breakers (if teams are from different divisions).
TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION MEETING

If two or more clubs are tied in the selection order, the strength-of-schedule tie breaker is applied, subject to the following exceptions for playoff clubs:

The Super Bowl winner is last and the Super Bowl loser next-to-last.
Any non-Super Bowl playoff club involved in a tie moves down in drafting priority within its tied segment as follows:
For a loss inthe Wild-Card playoffs, a plus factor of one-half.
For participation, win or lose, in the Divisional Playoffs, a plus factor of one.
For a loss in the conference championship Game, a plus factor of one.
Clubs with the best won-lost-tied records after these steps are applied will drop to their appropriate spots at the bottom of the tied segment. In no case will the above process move a club lower than the segmentin which it was initially tied.
Tied clubs will alternate priority throughout the 7 rounds of the draft. In case of a tie involving three or more teams, the club with priority in the first round will drop to the bottom of the tied segment in the second round and move its way back to the top of the segment in each succeeding round.
If any ties cannot be broken by strength of schedule, the divisional or conference tie breakers, whichever are applicable, are applied. Any ties that still exist are broken by a coin flip.

Week 17 will be a much different outcome.

Copied and will be pasted after week 17... The nature of the post will depend on the outcome of the game. :up:

If this Starks guy turns out to save your team's running game, you might have a chance to go places.

And I may have finally found a replacement on my fantasy team for Ryan Grant!

i kind of wish u2girl was a football fan. imagine the debates we could have in this thread.

Copied and will be pasted after week 17... The nature of the post will depend on the outcome of the game. :up:

If this Starks guy turns out to save your team's running game, you might have a chance to go places.

And I may have finally found a replacement on my fantasy team for Ryan Grant!

right? i'm excited about Starks. either way, i don't think the Packers are a Super Bowl team this year. who knows, maybe they'll catch magic. they're a good team though and i think they're going to be very good next year.

Back
Top Bottom