NFL 2010 Part Two (Shotgun) 6 - J. Cutler sacked at CHI 22 for -9 yards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As far as the Brady vs. Manning debate goes, one point of consideration might be that Brady has had one head coach his entire career, and that coach is a Hall of Fame lock. Manning has had three, including a nutcase named Mora (who could still be a good coach nonetheless).

I guess this thought might bring up a "who made who" type debate.

There's something about Aaron Rodgers. The more tools the guy seems to get, the less he seems to perform. Put him under pressure with little to work with and he shines though.

I surprised at the numbers he put up last year with a trainwreck of an o-line for much of the season. This year he's putting up good numbers again with a complete absence of a running game (as Favre did in 2007, until the emergence of Grant in late October).

that was either a catch or an incompletion... i don't think harrison had a chance to pick it off. could have knocked it down, but i don't think he coulda picked it off.

tyree certainly made the play with the catch, but eli also was about to get sacked and pulled away. it was a two part miracle, one for the QB, one for the WR.

assante samuel had the better shot to end the game and let an INT go right through his hands.

100% agreed about Assante.

As for the Tyree catch...whenever it pops into my head I smack myself with a brick until I forget. Damn that play, damn it to hell :angry:

But Eli doesn't get enough credit for that. A lot of guys would have folded rather than putting that drive together. Look how many tried it took big brother to come up big in a big game...

What gets lost in that last drive by Eli is the fact that right before it Tom Brady marched his offense down the field for the go ahead TD, this after his O-line sucked all game long and he couldn't really generate a whole lot.

Derek Anderson, what a dumbass. :doh:

He comes off like such a mindless idiot in that rant, at least to me. Football players shouldn't be looked to for their intelligence, but that just made him look like he'd had maybe a kindergarten education.

"NOTHING'S FUNNY! I DON'T FIND ANYTHING FUNNY! DURRRRRR."

As far as the Brady vs. Manning debate goes, one point of consideration might be that Brady has had one head coach his entire career, and that coach is a Hall of Fame lock. Manning has had three, including a nutcase named Mora (who could still be a good coach nonetheless).

I guess this thought might bring up a "who made who" type debate.

Tom Moore has been the OC for Manning's entire career though, while Brady has run three very distinct offenses under Charlie Weis (screens and quick passes), Josh McDaniels (bombs away) and now Bill O'Brien (more play-action and TE seam routes).

100% agreed about Assante.

As for the Tyree catch...whenever it pops into my head I smack myself with a brick until I forget. Damn that play, damn it to hell :angry:

But Eli doesn't get enough credit for that. A lot of guys would have folded rather than putting that drive together. Look how many tried it took big brother to come up big in a big game...

What gets lost in that last drive by Eli is the fact that right before it Tom Brady marched his offense down the field for the go ahead TD, this after his O-line sucked all game long and he couldn't really generate a whole lot.

when i rewatched that last minute, i literally got tears in my eyes and goosebumps. still... even today. the greatest moment in my sports rooting life, by far, nothing else even comes close.

my girlfriend, on the other hand... she's a patriots fan. she was at that super bowl. we don't discuss it.

ever.

And despite those crushing defeats, we still hate the Yankees and Jets more.

We certainly do. It's odd to me that I don't hate the Giants. I grew up in CT surrounded by Giants fans so you'd think I'd hate them, but I really don't. And while I certainly hated that particular group of Mets I don't mind them now.

I don't think championships are automatic in the same way that stats aren't. Remember some other Super Bowl champions include Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson, just from the last decade.

True, no matter how great a QB may be you can't give all the credit or blame to one guy. Nobody ever gloats on the greatness of someone like Jim Plunkett. Everyone will win and lose as a team. Without a complete team around him he's going nowhere no matter how great of stats he has.

kevin_kolb.jpg

Tough way to go. KO and INT. Karma is a bitch.

So, while I was out and just following the score on my phone, I was foolhardy in believing that he was getting me decent points this week in Fantasy Football :doh:

But in all seriousness, that really sucks and I hope he's ok.

So, while I was out and just following the score on my phone, I was foolhardy in believing that he was getting me decent points this week in Fantasy Football :doh:

But in all seriousness, that really sucks and I hope he's ok.

I hope he's okay enough to not start next week.

I apologize for ever thinking the redskins would be good this year.
I'm not always right because of my many irrational biases, but I do believe I immediately disputed your inference that Washington would be better than Philly.

New York and Philly being at the top of the NFC East feels right to me.

Donovan McNabb blows.

PhilsFan said:
I'm not always right because of my many irrational biases, but I do believe I immediately disputed your inference that Washington would be better than Philly.

New York and Philly being at the top of the NFC East feels right to me.

Donovan McNabb blows.

You did. It does.

I don't think its all mcnabb though, the entire team us a mess. I still think Shanahan will eventually right the ship. Just not this season. That is assuming of course that snyder doesn't do anything stupid.

That's also assuming there will be football next season, which there won't be.

It's certainly not all McNabb, but I found the notion that he'd solve a lot of their issues hilarious. At this point in his career, he's not a huge step up from Campbell.

Shanahan was a good move. A more important one.

Still waiting for the same thing to happen to the Bears.

It's like the 2006 season all over again, and hopefully this time it won't last until a Super Bowl embarrassment.

The Bears are not nearly as good as their record indicates.

yet they continue to win. I said the same thing until they beat the Eagles. They're just awfully inconsistent and dont have a QB. Which means they are a good team, but they wont go anywhere in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom