New U2.com subscriber gift known... sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would have been nice if they'd called out which show it was from, but I listened to the middle section, and Bono helpfully calls out "Mexico!"

Thanks, man.

Yeah. It can't be hard to just let you pick your favourite song off the list or something like that, can it?

Because of the time my membership renewal hit when the site underwent changes or something, I was told I had to renew again once in order to get my ticket codes, it was total bs but I couldn't argue at the time because I needed my presale codes. So now, my membership is paid through 2013, and yep, they are telling me if I want u22 I need to renew again. I've already spoke with one live nation person who said there's nothing he can do. So I have to pay for the year 2014 to get the 2012 gift? Total bs. :|

Wow. :ohmy: Not a few minutes after I posted that, I just got an email from Live nation from someone who sounds like they are going to help me with this. It's going to take another phone call, but hopefully it will get worked out. :hmm:

Because of the time my membership renewal hit when the site underwent changes or something, I was told I had to renew again once in order to get my ticket codes, it was total bs but I couldn't argue at the time because I needed my presale codes. So now, my membership is paid through 2013, and yep, they are telling me if I want u22 I need to renew again. I've already spoke with one live nation person who said there's nothing he can do. So I have to pay for the year 2014 to get the 2012 gift? Total bs. :|

Wow. :ohmy: Not a few minutes after I posted that, I just got an email from Live nation from someone who sounds like they are going to help me with this. It's going to take another phone call, but hopefully it will get worked out. :hmm:

Hope this gets worked out. That's some pretty messed up BS to make someone pay for two more years of membership just to get a gift. :tsk:

Wow, sounds like LN is a big improvement over Fanfire!!

U22 Subscription

I renewed my membership in Nov 2011. How were you notified that you would not get the U22 cd? I'm nervous that I won't get it and want to be sure I do.

I renewed my membership in Nov 2011. How were you notified that you would not get the U22 cd? I'm nervous that I won't get it and want to be sure I do.

The site still has bugs.

A week or two AFTER I had already renewed my membership, I received an e-mail saying that my membership expires in March 2012 and if I want the U222, I best renew.

So I go to U2.com and check my status - sure enough, I'm renewed through March 2013.

If I received this notice via "snail mail" I would understand. It's very possible they sent out their renew notice around the same time I renewed online. But to send an e-mail notice out indicates that there is a "hiccup" somewhere.

Regardless, I'm renewed and so far, I've always received my U2.com items. I hope this continues.

Because I didn't receive the U22 download. It should be listed on your account info page as a download for you. If it's not, you're not scheduled to receive the CD.

I think a lot of people got that message to renew that Dr Who is talking about and LiveNation is aware of that error. There's even a note about it on their FAQ page and they know that was an error email. But if you didn't receive the download link that's the best way to know.

I'm pretty happy overall with the tracklisting but I can't help but think about how much cooler it'd have been if they let everyone who was renewed a chance to pick their own 22 tracks out of the 46 . I know the Kaiser Chiefs let their fans do that with their last album (? was it their last album?). Then again I guess every track would eventually get passed around. There is no winning. :gah:

Because I didn't receive the U22 download. It should be listed on your account info page as a download for you. If it's not, you're not scheduled to receive the CD.

I think a lot of people got that message to renew that Dr Who is talking about and LiveNation is aware of that error. There's even a note about it on their FAQ page and they know that was an error email. But if you didn't receive the download link that's the best way to know.

OK. I did get Even Better Than The Real Thing download, so I must be ok. Thank you.

So does anyone know when they're actually mailing these out? Are we looking at next year some time, most likely?

So does anyone know when they're actually mailing these out? Are we looking at next year some time, most likely?

Depends somewhat on:

- if the band got involved in determining the tracklisting
- whether they need to edit the tracks (removing "Mexico" reference for example)
- whether the book was virtually written & printed beforehand (or whether it will contain track-specific information)
- how involved the band are in mixing/production oversight

But I'm hopeful of this hitting the streets by late April. That gives them about 10 more weeks before dispatch starts. Any later than that and it makes a mockery of the subscription year which started back in October last year for some (November 11th for me). Any more that 6 months wait is ludicrous.

I'd think they'll be sent out around April. That's when the first batches were sent out in the previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom