New U2.com subscriber gift known... sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really get the "fans" in quote marks thing. There are many levels of fandom. I don't feel I am a lesser fan of the other band I mentioned above, though I suppose the diehards of that fandom would think so. I love that band. I just only have the time and energy (and money!) to be a diehard fanatic of only one band maybe. :wink:

I don't really get the "fans" in quote marks thing. There are many levels of fandom. I don't feel I am a lesser fan of the other band I mentioned above, though I suppose the diehards of that fandom would think so. I love that band. I just only have the time and energy to be a diehard fanatic of only one band maybe. :wink:

Well, I actually agree with you...in fact I hate the term "casual fans' and have said so here as recently as this week. A fan is a fan. I put "fans" in quotes in reference to the wide range people who signed up at U2.com for reasons like early ticket sales because 360 was the show to see, who normally don't care much about U2 but are nonetheless eligible to vote. "Oh, look, Mysterious Ways. I know that one. Your Blue Room? Huh? Was that the one with the glowing microphone Bono was swinging on? I must have been in the bathroom."

I think someone else said that had this vote been a year later, the results may have been very different, and I tend to agree with that.

Yeah, it's a good list. Hold Me, Thrill Me is the only track that I'm really disappointing didn't make it. Sure, I would've loved Electrical Storm and Your Blue Room as much as the next guy, but could anybody really EXPECT them with a fan vote? I sure hope not.

I'd like to disagree. The "fan" who votes for Pride and bemoans the lack of Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Year's Day is the same kind of "fan" who goes to see Led Zeppelin and spends the whole show shouting "Play Stairway!!!"

Their lack of any depth of interest ruined this release for the rest of us. :(

Well I disagree completely with that, but oh well. It sounds totally snobbish to me. :shrug: Lack of depth of interest?! I guess I'm only a "fan" of ton of other bands, and here I thought I was a fan. :(

I'd like to disagree. The "fan" who votes for Pride and bemoans the lack of Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Year's Day is the same kind of "fan" who goes to see Led Zeppelin and spends the whole show shouting "Play Stairway!!!"

Their lack of any depth of interest ruined this release for the rest of us. :(

Well, if I had the opportunity to see Led Zeppelin today, I'd be happy to hear them play anything they wanted, including the theme from Matlock if it came down to it.

And I'd be as pissed if they didn't play Stairway as I would be if U2 didn't play Streets. :)

Considering the amount of times u2's live 'hits' have been officially released (or ripped from a dvd), isn't it more like the fan seeing led zeppelin several dozen times already (playing their biggest songs), then, them playing a show where they give the audience the chance to choose rarities, and everyone still chooses stairway (or gets mad if they don't play it)?

I mean, obviously it's great if one likes the hits, and it doesn't make them any less of a fan, but if said hits are already available on other live cd's/dvd's, then it seems nonsensical to want the same hits again, let alone not want some live songs that haven't been released officially.

(i'm in the middle of writing an essay, so my brains turned to mush, and i have no idea if any of that made sense)

OK. So, debate aside, who can geek out and tell me WHICH Bad, WHICH Out Of Control, WHICH One Tree Hill was used? The songs were played rarely, and I'd love to know which shows they were from.

I was in Chicago for OTH and OOC in 2011 and Bad in 2009, and Montreal/NY for OOC in 2011 - I'd love to know if any of these are those or are they all European/South American/New Zealand (I know the OTH isn't Chicago which makes me sad, it was admittedly not the best but which one is it? I hope to hell that the OTH isn't that version from Chile with whats-her-face....)

The ACTUAL CLIPS are here so I'm looking for someone to answer this who has bootlegs:

U2 > News > U22 - The Results Are In

More info.

Here's all the BADs (btw, damn you for NEVER playing it in CANADA, U2. I was at all the shows on the whole tour with the exception of Moncton, all across this entire country, Montreal twice and Toronto three times and they never played it at ANY of them.... :down:)

· 2009-07-21 - Amsterdam, Netherlands - Amsterdam ArenA
· 2009-07-24 - Dublin, Ireland - Croke Park
· 2009-07-27 - Dublin, Ireland - Croke Park
· 2009-08-15 - London, England - Wembley Stadium
· 2009-08-22 - Cardiff, Wales - Millennium Stadium
· 2009-09-12 - Chicago, Illinois - Soldier Field
· 2010-09-23 - Brussels, Belgium - King Baudouin Stadium
· 2010-10-08 - Rome, Italy - Stadio Olimpico
· 2010-12-01 - Melbourne, Victoria - Etihad Stadium
· 2010-12-09 - Brisbane, Queensland - Suncorp Stadium
· 2010-12-13 - Sydney, New South Wales - ANZ Stadium
· 2011-04-03 - La Plata, Argentina - Estadio Ciudad de La Plata
· 2011-07-26 - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Heinz Field

ONE TREE HILL:

· 2010-11-25 - Auckland, New Zealand - Mt Smart Stadium
· 2010-11-26 - Auckland, New Zealand - Mt Smart Stadium
· 2011-03-25 - Santiago, Chile - Estadio Nacional
· 2011-07-05 - Chicago, Illinois - Soldier Field (played 2 times)

OUT OF CONTROL:

· 2011-04-10 - Sao Paulo, Brazil - Morumbi
· 2011-05-14 - Mexico City, Mexico - Azteca Stadium
· 2011-07-05 - Chicago, Illinois - Soldier Field
· 2011-07-09 - Montreal, Quebec - Hippodrome de Montréal
· 2011-07-20 - East Rutherford, New Jersey - New Meadowlands Stadium
· 2011-07-30 - Moncton, New Brunswick - Magnetic Hill Music Festival Site

EdgeFest said:
OK. So, debate aside, who can geek out and tell me WHICH Bad, WHICH Out Of Control, WHICH One Tree Hill was used? The songs were played rarely, and I'd love to know which shows they were from.

I was in Chicago for OTH and OOC in 2011 and Bad in 2009, and Montreal/NY for OOC in 2011 - I'd love to know if any of these are those or are they all European/South American/New Zealand (I know the OTH isn't Chicago which makes me sad, it was admittedly not the best but which one is it? I hope to hell that the OTH isn't that version from Chile with whats-her-face....)

The ACTUAL CLIPS are here so I'm looking for someone to answer this who has bootlegs:

U2 > News > U22 - The Results Are In

According to this it's Rome for Bad (which makes me very, very happy), Auckland 2 for OTH and Montreal 2 for OOC.

alanah said:
I saw this list posted on underanatomicsky (aka u2wanderer).. you can find something on the list, I guess:

http://underanatomicsky.blogspot.com/2011/10/u22-tracklist-details.html

According to this it's Rome for Bad (which makes me very, very happy), Auckland 2 for OTH and Montreal 2 for OOC.

As long as those versions are really outstanding then it is good of course, but I'd still be a bit let down if it's really Rome for Bad and Montreal 2 for OOC. Because I was at 9 of the 13 shows in which Bad was played (yeah, I know, lucky me!) but then the version on U22 will be of a show I wasn't at. Same with OOC (saw it 3 of the 6 times it was played).
But those are minor issues. Happy to see those songs included. And there will be a couple songs on U22 from shows I was at. So it's all good.

I shared this with a friend earlier in the week so I thought I'd contribute to the thread with my findings.

Having the aforementioned U2wanderer list coupled with the news of the actual selection of tracks that was revealed recently and some specific help from the U2gigs database, I've narrowed it down to the following.

Some track information was not sufficient to determine the time of recording the songs, hence the question marks.

1. Bad - 2010-10-08 - Rome, Italy - Stadio Olimpico
2. Where The Streets Have No Name - ?
3. Magnificent -
2010-09-11 - Zurich, Switzerland - Letzigrund Stadion
4. One - ?
5. Ultraviolet -
2010-10-03 -Coimbra, Portugal - Estádio Cidade de Coimbra
6. Even Better than The Real Thing -
2011-05-15 - Mexico City, Mexico - Azteca Stadium
7. With or Without You - ?
8. Beautiful Day -
2009-08-09 - Zagreb, Croatia - Stadium Maksimir
9. City of Blinding Lights - ?
10. The Unforgettable Fire - ?
11. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For -
2009-09-20 - Foxboro, Massachusetts - Gillette Stadium (i.e. "Boston" 1?)
12. All I Want is You/Love Rescue Me -
2010-12-14 - Sydney, New South Wales - ANZ Stadium
13. Moment of Surrender -
2010-12-19 - Perth, Western Australia - Subiaco Oval
14. Until The End of the World -
2011-05-14 - Mexico City, Mexico - Azteca Stadium
15. The Fly -
2011-07-02 - Nashville, Tennessee - Vanderbilt Stadium
16. One Tree Hill -
2010-11-26 - Auckland, New Zealand - Mt Smart Stadium
17. Stay (Faraway, So Close) -
2009-09-13 - Chicago, Illinois - Soldier Field

18. Walk On - ?
19. Zooropa -
2011-06-22 - Baltimore, Maryland - M&T Bank Stadium
20. Elevation - ?
21. Out of Control -
2011-07-09 - Montreal, Quebec - Hippodrome de Montréal
22. Mysterious Ways - 2011-02-18 - Cape Town, South Africa - Cape Town Stadium

As long as those versions are really outstanding then it is good of course, but I'd still be a bit let down if it's really Rome for Bad and Montreal 2 for OOC. Because I was at 9 of the 13 shows in which Bad was played (yeah, I know, lucky me!) but then the version on U22 will be of a show I wasn't at. Same with OOC (saw it 3 of the 6 times it was played).
But those are minor issues. Happy to see those songs included. And there will be a couple songs on U22 from shows I was at. So it's all good.

And since I was at only one show where Bad was played and it was Rome, I'm hoping that's the track they pick. :D

how do they know what shows the songs were from though :scratch:

People were downloading the previews and some of the file names had dates/ cities.

i wonder how they're going to order the tracks on the cd. the middle of the setlist will be interesting to pull off.

All the AB songs, Bad, Zooropa, The Unforgettable Fire, One Tree Hill, and Out of Control? Definitely some nice choices here. Hopefully, they'll release a vinyl edition like they did for Artificial Horizon!

Although I don't plan on purchasing U22 because I'm not subscribed to U2.com, that's some great tracklisting. Only things I would do would be taking out Elevation and adding Hold Me, Thrill Me. :wink:

i can't see what the surprise is because i'm not a paying member. it's not just another version of EBTTRT, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom