New Eze Clips DISCUSSION thread only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I know I'm a newbie. I have listened to these clips on top of the range cans using a mixer.

Track 1 - I hear 'surrender' - guess as moment of surrender as discussed elsewhere
Track 2 - Breathe - already stated on the ATu2 website forum under walk out into the streets
Track 3 - Sexy Boots - whats that all about, great groove though
Track 4 - No Line on The Horizon - you can hear Bono sing 'No Line, No Line, On the Horizon' towards the end of the clip - another great track

Track 4 - No Line on The Horizon - you can hear Bono sing 'No Line, No Line, On the Horizon' towards the end of the clip - another great track

:ohmy: I did not hear that at all, I guess I have to go back once more.
Wasn't NLOTH supposed to be a "heavy" track?
If song 4 is indeed NLOTH, I take it over anything else immediately, because the song sounds absolutely awsome.

OK, I know I'm a newbie. I have listened to these clips on top of the range cans using a mixer.

realllyyyyy?? that could mean that this is the album first single??? :drool::drool::drool::drool:

what's the exact minute:second of the song when you hear "no line in the horizon"? :hmm:

It starts at 3:48 just after the slide guitar solo and the lah,lah,lah lah,lah,lah

Bono belts out 'NO LIIIIIIIIINE ON THE HORIIIIIIIZON'

It starts at 3:48 just after the slide guitar solo and the lah,lah,lah lah,lah,lah

Bono belts out 'NO LIIIIIIIIINE ON THE HORIIIIIIIZON'

All I hear is at that part is Bono shouting "only love" a few times, and then some other lyrics as well, but they're too quiet for me to figure them out.. :hmm:

No intention of starting some sort of forum argument, were all friends round here eh:heart:

Its Definately No Line on the Horizon. Bono sings the chorus at 1:02, 2:09 and then again at 3:48 its clearest in the last part. The chorus goes something like

No Liiiiine, On the Horiiiiizon
No Line,

Nooooo Mooooore
Wont be Therrrrrre (or words to this effect)

Are these songs growing on anyone else the way they are on me? I mean, I thought they were great when I first heard them but now they are turning into something else entirely. They just get better and better!

Is anyone else afraid to admit just how much they are enjoying these for fear that they might look foolish when the album comes out? I am very worried about being disappointed but I'll be darned if these songs are not completely flooring me right now. I feel like my years of fandom are being validated and rewarded at this point.

Of course this is only 4 songs out of 10-12. I am cautiously (very) optimistic.

Well its been a few days now and after listening to these clips non stop on my ipod (U2 edition of course) i have to admit they just get better and better. I really cant wait for studio quality tracks,i really love clip 1 and can easily imagine a packed stadium singing along with it. The other 3 are also awesome,and i can see Sexy Boots being a huge single. But im still not convinced it wil be called that!

Woah, I'm hearing where scuv is coming from on this - I can fairly clearly hear "on the horizon" on all 3 occasions he mentions and on the third occasion it does indeed sound like "No line" preceeding it...

Edit: in fact on the second occasion it sounds pretty clearly like "Only love... On the Horizon".

Could be wrong but now I've got it into my head I can't stop hearing it this way....

Good catch scuv. I'm about 98% sure you are right. It just makes sense as well based on Bono's delivery, "Nooo line....on the horizon".

I hear "16th of June" lyric clear as day in song 2, around the 1:26 mark.

On# June 16, 2000 - Israel complies with UN Security Council Resolution 425 after 22 years of it issuance, which calls on Israel to completely withdraw from Lebanon. Israel withdraws from all of Lebanon, except the disputed Sheba Farms.

Just throwin that out there.

On# June 16, 2000 - Israel complies with UN Security Council Resolution 425 after 22 years of it issuance, which calls on Israel to completely withdraw from Lebanon. Israel withdraws from all of Lebanon, except the disputed Sheba Farms.

Given the song is called Walk Out Into The Streets (opr at elast contains that lyric, I thought this one from the 16th of June may have been appropriate?? Also connection with the 46664 and Mandela stuff they get into:

June 16 1976 - Soweto uprising: a non-violent march by 15,000 students in Soweto, South Africa turns into days of rioting when police open fire on the crowd and kill 566 children.

Are these songs growing on anyone else the way they are on me? I mean, I thought they were great when I first heard them but now they are turning into something else entirely. They just get better and better!

Is anyone else afraid to admit just how much they are enjoying these for fear that they might look foolish when the album comes out? I am very worried about being disappointed but I'll be darned if these songs are not completely flooring me right now. I feel like my years of fandom are being validated and rewarded at this point.

Of course this is only 4 songs out of 10-12. I am cautiously (very) optimistic.

I agree with everything you said.

On a different note, I think every single rumored and confirmed title from the new album has been suggested for each track. Now it looks like Cedars could be track 2 and No Line track 4...that's miles from where we were a couple days ago, haha. I actually was singing "hold on" to the chorus 4 track for before the consensus became "Only Love". I can hear the No Line, but I'm struggling to put together the "on the horizon" following it. hmmm...time to listen again.

cedars of Lebanon maybe then. Thats such a nugget of information there.

The problem is with the lyrics "no line" and "only love"....so difficult to tell which line Bono is singing...:hmm:

cedars of Lebanon maybe then. Thats such a nugget of information there.

yeah, but I do think that one is a coincidence. The Cedars of Lebanon was a bible reference wasn't it? There was a story on atu2 about it. Also, Danny said COL was Hendrix inspired. I'm not really hearing Hendrix in this song.

I really think the Soweto uprising has great duality with the Walk Out Into The Streets line.

I can hear "No line....on the horizon" clearly at 3:48 but for rest of the song, I hear "Only love....." and I can't make out the rest.

Edit: OK I listened to clip 4 a couple more times and I can hear "No line.....on the horizon" more so maybe this is NLOTH? Either way, this is going to be a great track!!

On a side note, I emailed the music director, of a local radio station, asking if he new anything about the new U2 single and all he said was that he didn't expect anything till mid September and didn't give any name of the single.

clip 4 -Ok, it seems to me that at around the 3:34 point a voice in a lower key sings what might be, No line on the horizon, twice in a row followed by Bono belting out Only Love. So maybe the song is actually No line on the Horizon (Only Love). It could actually be the same song. Just like Ultraviolet (Light my Way) Just a thought.

I don't know. I just listened on my ipod, pretty bloody loudly, and cannot make out anything that slightly resembles No Line on the Horizon... sorry guys, just not hearing it...

ok wow....I really thought this Sexy Boots talk was more a joke...but I decided to listen for that lyric and I can kinda hear it...not positive he's saying those words exactly though....but in the latest pics of Bono you can see he really is wearing boots! And, according to Bonocomet, he hasn't worn boots in awhile...so this is sort of scaring me now....c'mon...sexy boots? They can't be serious! This goes beyond "Achtung Baby" or "The Fly" ....anybody agree? If they are really going to have sexy boots incorporated into this album....they should keep it at a lyric, not a title of any kind. :shrug:

I don't know. I just listened on my ipod, pretty bloody loudly, and cannot make out anything that slightly resembles No Line on the Horizon... sorry guys, just not hearing it...

Yeah, I can't either. Just sounds like "ahhhhhhhs" to me.

I can, however, hear "16th of June" in track 2, and I hope it's a Lebanon reference, as that would mean we dodged the bullet of having the phrase "cedars of Lebanon" in a U2 song.

ok wow....I really thought this Sexy Boots talk was more a joke...but I decided to listen for that lyric and I can kinda hear it...not positive he's saying those words exactly though....but in the latest pics of Bono you can see he really is wearing boots! And, according to Bonocomet, he hasn't worn boots in awhile...so this is sort of scaring me now....c'mon...sexy boots? They can't be serious! This goes beyond "Achtung Baby" or "The Fly" ....anybody agree? If they are really going to have sexy boots incorporated into this album....they should keep it at a lyric, not a title of any kind. :shrug:

I'd prefer it not being a title, but if it is, as long as the song is good, I won't care. If "Sexy Boots" is a damn good song, I'll have no problem blasting it in my car, house, etc.

Yeah, I can't either. Just sounds like "ahhhhhhhs" to me.

I can, however, hear "16th of June" in track 2, and I hope it's a Lebanon reference, as that would mean we dodged the bullet of having the phrase "cedars of Lebanon" in a U2 song.

To be fair , the Mandela reference posted above makes sense as well. We'll see. Speculation is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom