New album talk - Album coming SOON to a galaxy near you!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty normal actually. The stuff we post here makes its way everywhere else pretty quickly afterward. :shifty:

Or maybe :hmm:

bonohatlookingup1987sm.jpg~original

I thought of this picture when I saw that also!!!

wasn't Corbijin a bit peeved after they altered the No Line tracklist which didn't mirror Linear's?

Just saw that, thanks! But the band could use some publicity kinda like this. That would be nice.

They could be the first band to play on the space. Just ask the Virgin guy for his spaceship and launch the record from space.

They could be the first band to play on the space. Just ask the Virgin guy for his spaceship and launch the record from space.

They would be crazy enough to do something like that. Guy Laliberte (The Cirque Du Soleil Owner) and Bono are good buddies and he went in space last year. Also with Commander Mark Kelly's Beautiful Day Footage from the 360 tour could have inspired the band to release the new album in a weird fashion...

But judging the backdrop of their next album ( NY, seedy bars and the band's normal outfits for the photo shoot) I doubt that they will tap into the Sci-fi concept...

Last edited:
They would be crazy enough to do something like that. Guy Laliberte (The Cirque Du Soleil Owner) and Bono are good buddies and he went in space last year. Also with Commander Mark Kelly's Beautiful Day Footage from the 360 tour could have inspired the band to release the new album in a weird fashion...

But judging the backdrop of their next album ( NY, seedy bars and the band's normal outfits for the photo shoot) I doubt that they will tap into the Sci-fi concept...

Didn't they some kind of promo during Popmart about U2 playing Mars or the Moon?

If U2 flew up in space and played their new single that would be the greatest rock promo ever.

It would be a historical event for sure but I don't think so. Way too expensive for one and I think the "look" and feel of the new material and artwork will be more urban, casual and "New York City" oriented...

If U2 flew up in space and played their new single that would be the greatest rock promo ever.

I do have to agree. At first I thought that sounded cheezy, and then began to think about it. There would be millions and millions of viewers for such an event, even if someone didn't care for the band, they'd still watch it. Some people would probably even watch hoping their spaceship blows up and they all die.

I do have to agree. At first I thought that sounded cheezy, and then began to think about it. There would be millions and millions of viewers for such an event, even if someone didn't care for the band, they'd still watch it. Some people would probably even watch hoping their spaceship blows up and they all die.

:lol: Bad publicity is still publicity I guess!

I really can't see them ever even remotely considering doing a promo in space.

Yeah, if the world ever needed confirmation that U2 are a bunch of self important twats with the hugest messianic headcase ever seen leading their vocals, that would be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom