New Album Discussion (Will it be bigger than Zeppelin? Rush? Bon Jovi? Jesus? Allah?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could be rehearsing for the U2Charist.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

U2 to fine-tune new world tour in B.C.?
A new year always brings rumours of big tours to be announced. Certainly one of 2014's biggest will be the next global jaunt by Irish foursome U2.

The band is putting finishing touches on its 13th album. The followup to 2009's No Line On The Horizon, which may or may not be titled Songs of Ascent, is reportedly being produced by Danger Mouse with additional contributions from will.i.am, David Guetta and RedOne.

The site atU2.com also reports a follow up or adjunct project to the album would involve longtime collaborators Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois and Steve Lillywhite. The band appears to be positioning itself to showcase its electronic side and vintage '80s shimmer rock with this project.

With everywhere from Spain to the U.K. summer festival circuit being suggested as a launch point for the next world tour, an unexpected rehearsal space has surfaced on fan gossip sites.

Vancouver Island's Save-On Foods Arena has open dates in February and the Province was tipped that the venue could be U2's for that time.

The band had worked out kinks in its 2009 360 World Tour in Vancouver at the Pacific Coliseum and has also recorded footage for videos at Rogers Arena. Pacific Coliseum is also being mentioned as another potential rehearsal space for the super group.

Calls to Victoria's Save-On Foods Arena produced an enthusiastic unofficial, "Wow, that would be cool" response, but an official "no comment."

Obviously, any venue would be excited to get the group in.

It remains to be seen whether this comes to pass or no. Stay tuned.

LOL, anyone buying the "The (never announced) album was "delayed" for five months because of Ordinary Love!" excuse.

did IQs just drop sharply while i was away - YouTube

Please tell me this is just a made up fan excuse, and that the band did not actually say this.

Nope. Bono actually said they had to push the album back because of Ordinary Love. I'm at work so can't spend a lot of time digging up the quote, but it's definitely true.

i would imagine that could be true, based on all the interviews and appearances due to the song/film, not to mention everything tied to the death of Nelson Mandela... i mean, it all turned out to be a pretty big deal, much bigger than your usual soundtrack song, no?

Nope. Bono actually said they had to push the album back because of Ordinary Love. I'm at work so can't spend a lot of time digging up the quote, but it's definitely true.

Ugh. Yeah. The record was "delayed" five months to record one mediocre song. They're really saying that? I bet it's true that they said it, and I bet they even believe it, since it takes them 5 years between records, I guess 5 months to record one song isn't out of the ordinary.

Adam: Hey, the fans are really getting anxious about the new album...they're wondering why it takes us five years between records.

Bono: Think we can tell them it was delayed because we were recording a song for the Mandela movie?

Edge: For five months? There's no way they'll buy that one.

Larry: Mate, we told them Pop sucked because our manager booked the tour too early. They'll buy anything we tell them.

Edge: True. Blimey, think there's any chance for an MLK movie?

Larry: Or that Aung San Suu Kyi dies?

Bono: Not cool.

Deadline: You’ve written for many movies before, but what made this one so special — particularly with the pressure of writing about someone like Nelson Mandela?

Bono: You don’t want to let him down. Our first thought when they asked us was, “Can we do it?” We had some time, but it meant putting our album back a bit, and there was some worry with the management about that. But it’s one of those things you can’t turn down, actually.
Oscars: U2 Interview - Bono, The Edge On 'Mandela'

if they REALLY wanted to include a song on the soundtrack, and they didn't want it to interfere with the album promotion, than it probably made sense in their mind to delay the release. it doesnt mean they couldnt finish the album in time

Ugh. Yeah. The record was "delayed" five months to record one mediocre song. They're really saying that? I bet it's true that they said it, and I bet they even believe it, since it takes them 5 years between records, I guess 5 months to record one song isn't out of the ordinary.

Adam: Hey, the fans are really getting anxious about the new album...they're wondering why it takes us five years between records.

Bono: Think we can tell them it was delayed because we were recording a song for the Mandela movie?

Edge: For five months? There's no way they'll buy that one.

Larry: Mate, we told them Pop sucked because our manager booked the tour too early. They'll buy anything we tell them.

Edge: True. Blimey, think there's any chance for an MLK movie?

Larry: Or that Aung San Suu Kyi dies?

Bono: Not cool.

i hope Larry sees you in the street and beats the crap out of you for that post

Well, as your post implies, he'd certainly recognise me. :)

hehe i just came back to edit and say "i hope Larry beats the crap out of you for that post when he next sees you in the street" but you beat me to it! :lol:

Steve Lillywhite is in L.A right now as per his twitter account. A fan asked him (yet again) if he worked on the album and he replied "not" and he thinks album is coming out in MARCH...hopefully it's true and he is just playing dumb not spill the beans... :hmm:

Maybe he's been brought over by the band to Lilliwhite-wash the new single :wink:

Yes, this has been discussed here. atU2 was asking questions, some guy said they were playing a "new song". So I guess the Super Bowl commercial has become a real possibility.

If anyone is keeping an eye on Twitter this morning, it appears U2 is in Santa Monica shooting something. Rumor is either a video or a commercial.

Verification from at least a couple of independent sources on Twitter.

Larry just wanted to ride the carousel at the pier.

Looks like he's eying the new Beyonce album.

63c9c1647a1b11e3a7030abda766a197_8.jpg

So only 3 more weeks to go folks and then this place will go haywire :lol:
We definitely will have an album title, first single and release date at last !

We already have the album title, but I'm excited for the first single and release date for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom