New Album Discussion (Will it be bigger than Zeppelin? Rush? Bon Jovi? Jesus? Allah?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's actually not bad, thanks for sharing.

Also, what's the verdict on those handful of songs they played on the 360 tour? Probably off the docket for the newest release, yeah? It's been a while since those were "new". North Star always seemed to get a pretty good response and I actually sort of like Glastonburry. I'm sure this has been asked/beaten to death already, so apologies in advance!

That's actually not bad, thanks for sharing.

Also, what's the verdict on those handful of songs they played on the 360 tour? Probably off the docket for the newest release, yeah? It's been a while since those were "new". North Star always seemed to get a pretty good response and I actually sort of like Glastonburry. I'm sure this has been asked/beaten to death already, so apologies in advance!

After nearly three years, if NS and Glastonbury are still kicking around and are deemed worthy to be on the album, I would be immensely disappointed to say the least.

Wonder_Boys_30052_Medium.jpg

Winner :up:

:|

I literally just finished reading the novel of Wonder Boys yesterday.

One of the best adaptations I've ever seen, as I could barely tell what was omitted from the novel on the way to the screen.

One of the best adaptations I've ever seen, as I could barely tell what was omitted from the novel on the way to the screen.

oh man! :up: Chabon's my favorite author and Wonder Boys is my favorite book. I friggin love that movie. Hansen nailed the adaptation and the casting is pitch perfect. I want to live in both the movie and book. Even if it's really Pittsburg :wink:

Obviously, it will have four bored looking donkeys on the cover. Anton will enter new terrain with animal photography by shooting this cover.

:up:

Holy Sh:censored:t, write the date down, Laz and I agree on something..... truest sign of the apocalypse.

Wonder what font Donkey Punch will be in.... also album art Four Bored Irish men on four bored jack asses.

Why Broken Bells take great pleasure from their own work - The Star

Mercer says last time he toured as Broken Bells he had a load of ideas that became the next Shins album, while Burton - reading between the lines of his refusal to speak about his work with U2 and the fact that the Irish giants are yet to announce their 13th album - possibly has a little finishing up to do with them. He also wants to step away from producing other artists, but keeps being sucked back by requests he just can’t turn down

Star-Trek.gif

oh man! :up: Chabon's my favorite author and Wonder Boys is my favorite book. I friggin love that movie. Hansen nailed the adaptation and the casting is pitch perfect. I want to live in both the movie and book. Even if it's really Pittsburg :wink:

To be fair, Steve Kloves wrote the screenplay. Aside from getting rid of the snake and the extended section at Grady's in-laws, he seemed to retain every other element of the story. We don't learn much about Grady's novel in the book, but Kloves did add that great line that Hannah says when critiquing the manuscript, the line about Grady not making any choices.

To be fair, Steve Kloves wrote the screenplay. Aside from getting rid of the snake and the extended section at Grady's in-laws, he seemed to retain every other element of the story. We don't learn much about Grady's novel in the book, but Kloves did add that great line that Hannah says when critiquing the manuscript, the line about Grady not making any choices.

yes - sorry, I guess I meant that Hanson really nailed the "feel" of the book. A melancholy, disjointed (pun kinda intended) haphazard weekend; lovely chaos.

also, I think the movie spent more time on the Vernon Hardapple subplot? awesome.

OMG the album is delayed to Fall 2014!!!11

Really hard to say at this point. I think if we get past the Super Bowl with no news, we could see a late 2014 album.

I still think the news we got a few weeks ago (with a song title) appears as though they were on the final stages of their process.

Really hard to say at this point. I think if we get past the Super Bowl with no news, we could see a late 2014 album.

I still think the news we got a few weeks ago (with a song title) appears as though they were on the final stages of their process.

I'd say no news by the first week of March and were looking at fall 2014. Perhaps the Ordinary Love single was meant to hold us over for one more year.

Well about 6 weeks ago they were working until 4 or 5 in the morning and eating dinner at the soundboard, which would indicate a rush to finish things. Bono said that doing Ordinary Love pushed the album back a bit. Assuming they got the call to do it in about June it stands to reason that that's why the November release was pushed back to April.

Bono said that doing Ordinary Love pushed the album back a bit. Assuming they got the call to do it in about June it stands to reason that that's why the November release was pushed back to April.

Could just be Bono latching onto a handy excuse tho. I find it hard to believe that they would jostle with a solitary tune for five whole months and allow it throw a release schedule into disarray. Whatever the reason(s) for the purported delay, I think pinning it on Ordinary Love is a little too convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom