New Album Discussion (Will it be bigger than Zeppelin? Rush? Bon Jovi? Jesus? Allah?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but maybe it was more of a case of trying not to overlap the promotion of both OL and the album.
If the album had come out in November the whole Ordinary Love thing would barely have been noticed.
Who knows, really? All I know is I'm expecting an album announcement within the next 4 weeks.

Considering the time required to finish an 11 track album, it's not surprising that recording one track would put them out of commission for 6 months.

New Album Discussion (Will it be bigger than Zeppelin? Rush? Bon Jovi? Jesus?...

True, but maybe it was more of a case of trying not to overlap the promotion of both OL and the album.
If the album had come out in November the whole Ordinary Love thing would barely have been noticed.
Who knows, really? All I know is I'm expecting an album announcement within the next 4 weeks.

What I'm hoping that 'excuse' implies is that Ordinary Love sounds nothing at all like the material on Donkey Punch, so having OL out as a sort-of-single during or near the album's launch would have just been..Confusing. A muddled message. Hopefully, it would have been somewhat like releasing The Sweetest Thing as part of a movie soundtrack at the same time as Achtung and The Fly made their appearance. Hopefully.

It's funny how we're now looking at the possibility of fall 2014 (with a possible delay into spring 2015, because they just got lost in the music). I remember thinking fall 2013 was the WORST case scenario. Now, I'm not sure we'll see it before this fall.

If after the Superbowl we hear nothing, plan on a fall release. The timing just wouldn't make any sense to release an album in the summer and have the tour start a little bit later.

Yeah I remember when the May 2011 album didn't materialise and someone suggested Fall 2013 almost as a JOKE!
But I honestly think we'll get the album soon. They did several photo shoots, were burning the midnight oil and are not in the studio at the moment.
Still, some actual communication wouldn't go astray.

A member over at atU2 is saying that the Word on the street is that the new album will be called "Speakeasy" and is due in april. Its in their new album discussion thread. Could this be it?

Haha - that probably explains it. Just saw the post over at atU2 and then remembered something about a Photo shoot in a New York dive bar a while back and thought hmm.....

Anyway the idea is not that bad... sort of a tradition. Tom Waits had his Nighthawks at the Diner and so on.

I read the rumor on twitter this morning .... that U2 may be "rehearsing" in some hangar in or near Santa Monica. Someone speculated it might be for their Golden Globes performance. Is it even confirmed that they will be performing at the Globes?

Speakeasy sounds good, but I doubt it's true.

Speakeasy is the section of the website that wrote the article.

Also, the Santa Monica stuff, the original poster mentioned it was filming for a soon to be released special project

I would assume that this filming is for the Super Bowl ad. They wouldn't rent space at an airport to rehearse for an award show that doesn't feature performances

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

I would assume that this filming is for the Super Bowl ad. They wouldn't rent space at an airport to rehearse for an award show that doesn't feature performances

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

It could also be for a music video.

It's funny how we're now looking at the possibility of fall 2014 (with a possible delay into spring 2015, because they just got lost in the music).

We are decidedly not looking at the possibility of a fall 2014 into spring 2015 release.

If the Ordinary Excuse is to be taken seriously, then OL is (one of) the reason(s) why we're getting the album in April 2014. Not the reason it's being delayed beyond that!

Yeah I remember when the May 2011 album didn't materialise and someone suggested Fall 2013 almost as a JOKE!
But I honestly think we'll get the album soon. They did several photo shoots, were burning the midnight oil and are not in the studio at the moment.
Still, some actual communication wouldn't go astray.

I seriously suggested it and people called me a debbie downer, being negative and a liar. :wink:

:grumpy: Turns out I was wrong after all, damnit. OL totally screwed my epic prediction plans.

ANd Atu2 totally fails on the album title. :wink: Donkey Punch is SO much better than Speakeasy.

MegaU2load

This just in:

With the release of former U2 manager Paul McGuinness from his duties, U2 has turned a corner into the 20th century and embraced giving away music for free. They will release their next album in 96kbps mp3 format on MegaUpload first, later followed by a full quality download available for purchase at the low price of $8.99. Said U2 drummer Larry Mullen Jr: "We were always hampered by greedy management, but now we are free to be the everyman's band we've always dreamed to be, and be all about the music". The album will feature a guest rapping spot by none other than Kim Dotcom, who is said to be "super stoked" about working with his favorite band. Other sources confirm that ticket prices for the upcoming tour, sponsored by MegaUpload, will also be chopped to $29.99 for GA and $105.99 for the best seats in the house.

PS this is BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom