New Album Discussion (Is Headache Going To The Superbowl?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way I would be concerned is if one of the band members says something like "We're hoping to have the album finished by next summer", then that's something you can read into.

Most likely, this is a "final touches" session and they're just trying to tie up loose ends before the holidays.

Again, none of this is new for them, and it shouldn't surprise anyone that they're still in the studio.

At this point they can hold onto it for two more days, weeks, months or years and it should surprise nobody. There's no rush for them to do a single thing.

In december 2008 they were still in Abbey Road studio in London polishing No Line so... Same old story!

If the album needs to be handed in by January 1st to be released when they want it to, they will take until 11:55 December 31st to finish recording. That's just who/what they are.

I just wanted to share that I dreamt with U2 last night, and they were performing a concert in Brasil, and it was in my backyard. They played all their albuns. Full. All of their songs.

I think it's very probable to happen, IMHO, I'm already selling tickets.

Regarding whether sentences can end in prepositions, they can, but that's not a discussion I want to get into.
thank you. as a linguist major (well, double major with german) i can attest that as there's no governing body for english grammar as there is for some languages, there are no set rules. one person will say you can't end a sentence with a preposition, someone else says you can. basically, academically and professionally, you only should if it would sound awkward otherwise (e.g. the made up churchill quote). stuff like "where you at?" or "can i come with?" is just wrong.

(and yes, i am well aware of the irony of me talking about grammar while typing in all lowercase. you should see my school notes. :love:)

Which is why U2DMfan's post was grammatically sound. The first sentence wouldn't have made any damn sense without the preposition.

So maybe a month out before any real news? Unless this is still a super secret release

So maybe a month out before any real news? Unless this is still a super secret release

That's what I'm assuming. Probably after the holidays. If we're late January and we're still twidling our thumbs, then who knows? LOL

I'm not sure why they would want to go the "super secret" route any further. Every man and his dog knows that U2 have been spending an eternity on an album, Ordinary Love has been out there for a while, there is simply no tangible benefit in keeping a "surprise" element to this album any longer. I was expecting the title, track list and release date in early December. And if they're still nowhere near finished recording - well, that's just plain ridiculous.

I'm not sure why they would want to go the "super secret" route any further. Every man and his dog knows that U2 have been spending an eternity on an album, Ordinary Love has been out there for a while, there is simply no tangible benefit in keeping a "surprise" element to this album any longer. I was expecting the title, track list and release date in early December. And if they're still nowhere near finished recording - well, that's just plain ridiculous.

There are many among us fans to know an album is in the books, but for the other 7 million buyers of U2 music, they should be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom