New Album Discussion (Is Headache Going To The Superbowl?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much like it was leading up to NLOTH, December was extremely quiet up until the very end of the month when the Q Magazine "guyliner" feature came out. That's when the ball really started rolling.

The only difference between then and now is that U2 didn't have a gag order like they appear to have this time. We already had beach clips and had a good idea regarding the album title, mostly because of the hype train that started over the prior summer leading up to what they thought was going to be a fall release.

So fresh news say Ricky Martin will record the official anthem for the soccerfootball World Cup in Brazil. Maybe that means no opening ceremony for U2 either? We'll see. I'd be happy to watch them live on TV of course, but at the same time I'd be happy with them starting their own main thing in June or so, with no particular preference for America or Europe.

Didn't Ricki Martin do a WC anthem already? Dont' recall the title, but sometime 90s, Unos Dos tres, something something something maria? :scratch:

Didn't Ricki Martin do a WC anthem already? Dont' recall the title, but sometime 90s, Unos Dos tres, something something something maria? :scratch:

Yeah he did...and honestly this is maybe the first time I hear about him again since the late 90's :D

Off the top of my head I just know lvl and she bangs. So I should say between those 2 I like Sb more

I hope U2 continue their tribute to Coldplay's greatest hits. Their version of Paradise is spectacular.

Oh that was weak, that wouldn't even make it on 2013's troll top ten list, you need to try harder. Coldplay? Really? Just laziness...

I know this is off topic, but what's with the overwhelming youtube posts, from all kinds of different people, claiming Bono is an elitist devil worshipping reptilian alien hybrid Illuminati puppet (or any combination of the above)? It's like a huge percentage of the pop culture world is convinced he's evil for some reason. As much as I think they're all out to lunch, this public image does not sit well with me. I remember the days when Bono could be himself, and that was simply "cool". I watched one of his famous speeches on youtube the other day, this one for Bob Marley. He was definitely more poetic back then, more "edgy" or "arty". It seems that people trusted this version of Bono more, despite the ego being clearly present then, too:

Bono Inducts Bob Marley into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - YouTube

Oh that was weak, that wouldn't even make it on 2013's troll top ten list, you need to try harder. Coldplay? Really? Just laziness...

On their part.

I put it on and my girlfriend immediately started singing para-para-paradise. She didn't know it was u2, but knew it wasn't Coldplay...

I know this is off topic, but what's with the overwhelming youtube posts, from all kinds of different people, claiming Bono is an elitist devil worshipping reptilian alien hybrid Illuminati puppet (or any combination of the above)? It's like a huge percentage of the pop culture world is convinced he's evil for some reason. As much as I think they're all out to lunch, this public image does not sit well with me. I remember the days when Bono could be himself, and that was simply "cool". I watched one of his famous speeches on youtube the other day, this one for Bob Marley. He was definitely more poetic back then, more "edgy" or "arty". It seems that people trusted this version of Bono more, despite the ego being clearly present then, too:

Bono Inducts Bob Marley into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - YouTube

He was more normal then. He was clearly an egotist, as all artists are, but he was also a regular guy who was funny and acted naturally for someone in an unnatural situation. Now he just seems really phony. All the time. He's probably spent too much time with politicians and captains of industry, people who's entire careers are based upon being psychopathic liars. I don't think he's evil, though, and I quite liked his Mandela article. He kind of understated Thatcher's opposition to ending aprtheid though...

Maybe it's time to look for another girlfriend :shrug:

No, she's got better ears than most people on this forum. I'd ask her to lend them to you but she doesn't trust them to not get lost in snail mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom