more US dates??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok, since Eugene, Ore., was mentioned a few pages back..... I have confirmed that U2 will NOT be playing Autzen.

I wish they would play in New Orleans, they've got quite the history there with Katrina and the Super Bowl, and clearly the Edge loves the city, yet they haven't taken a tour there since Popmart.

I can't imagine a more exciting (N. American) road trip than U2 in New Orleans.

U2 seem to think Louisiana is a weak market. On actual U2 tours, they've gone to New Orleans on the Boy, October, and Popmart tours, and to Baton Rouge on the JT Tour (where they recorded the music video for Christmas, Baby Please Come Home).

Of course, in another supposed weak Southern market, Nashville, we've just had massive sales ... I don't see why they keep giving New Orleans a miss.

I wish they would play in New Orleans, they've got quite the history there with Katrina and the Super Bowl, and clearly the Edge loves the city, yet they haven't taken a tour there since Popmart.
oh god, it would be amazing. i love new orleans, haven't had a chance to get back since i saw voodoo fest in 06. i'm in serious need of some jambalaya and étouffée.

i flew out there for the 97 tour and loved it. haven't been back since.

I was planning on going to Voodoo this year, but I really wanted to go for MuteMath especially and this is the one year they weren't playing because they're working on a new album, so next year.

As for sales, sure like you said Axver they considered Tennessee weak as well, but it proves that after a long gap they can certainly sell well, I think the same thing would happen for NOLA.

Demographically, economically, geographically... they're not really comparable. Nashville and New Orleans are apples vs. oranges.

I'm simply talking about the gap between touring there building up demand, nothing else.

Since we're talking Louisiana...could the CLAW play in the Superdome or is there an outdoor stadium in New Orleans? Or, would it have to be Baton Rouge?

You could probably cram 40K in Tad Gormley Stadium with the GA field

That would be ideal, a smaller stadium like Nashville. There's no way they'd sell out Tiger Stadium at 92k for football, so you'd need to sell 97 like the Rose Bowl.

I'm still holding out hope for a show I can drive to on the West Coast.

Baton Rouge or N.O. would draw nicely from Houston, wouldn't it?

You could probably cram 40K in Tad Gormley Stadium with the GA field

I've never heard of that stadium before. Have they hosted any big concerts there before?

I'm sure the Claw could fit inside the Superdome (like it did for the Georgia Dome), but I think the band's main objective is outdoor venues.

Okay, so my little old brain is telling me that the fact that this extra show in Mexico is actually coming BEFORE the first two, instead of in the gap before the Denver show, is a positive sign.

I'm thinking we might get a show in San Diego or New Orleans or Texas or somewhere on May 18.

logistically I think either San Antonio, Austin, or New Orleans could be played. Hopefully New Orleans!

Why wait over a month to announce a third show?
because they only had a contract signed for the 2?

they now have to make sure everything will be shipped early enough to set up for this extra show, and they have to make sure all their stagehands and such are available to work

exactly, i bet they didn't think the first two would sell out so quickly so Live Nation had to negotiate for a third and maybe 4th date.

exactly, i bet they didn't think the first two would sell out so quickly so Live Nation had to negotiate for a third and maybe 4th date.

If the sellout 3 nights, wouldn't that be a U2 career record for a single venue within a single tour?

Wembley 93 was 4 nights, and a couple triple nights like Dublin 05/09, Amsterdam 05, Boston 90's, Chicago 90's and Sydney 06. Not sure where MSG 05 Barcelona 09 and italy 97 fit in.

logistically I think either San Antonio, Austin, or New Orleans could be played. Hopefully New Orleans!

I doubt San Antonio or Austin.

San Antonio has a hard time selling to such acts, plus the Alamodome sucks for music, worse than any other stadium I've been to... although I would love to see it happen, I live here.

And I'm almost 99% positive Austin's stadium isn't equipped for such a show, I don't think they have the abilities to bring in the equipment needed to erect the Claw.

I'm pretty sure there are no NOLA rumors other than some of us around here saying how much we wish they'd go there.

Could the 360 stage fit in the San Antonio Alamodome?

I'm thinking Austin might get a show. I hope so :hyper:
An Austin show would be :drool:. But it won't happen.
I doubt San Antonio or Austin.

San Antonio has a hard time selling to such acts, plus the Alamodome sucks for music, worse than any other stadium I've been to... although I would love to see it happen, I live here.

And I'm almost 99% positive Austin's stadium isn't equipped for such a show, I don't think they have the abilities to bring in the equipment needed to erect the Claw.

I think they could make it work at DKR if they made it work in Norman. But there are just too many damn seats in DKR!

The announcement on U2.com says the 11 May show is the "third and final".

Isn't it weird that they added a show with a couple days in between?

Saitama 2006 and Slane 2001 were other examples, but that had to do with the days the venue was available. The Claw will be sitting there the whole time.

Back
Top Bottom