Melbourne Meet Up thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
Also, I'm a complete fool. I had my camera with me, I photographed trains, I even showed Alison pictures of my One Tree Hill single on it (can't remember if I showed that to Melissa too?), but, uh, no photos of us. :reject:

:lol:

That's hilarious.

Good to see that you guys had a good time, though; next time, we'll all try to be there!

U23D here we come, I say!

What you guys said :D Had a great time, looking forward to the next one!

I was going to bring my camera but totally forgot. :lol: I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on...

And the muffin was fabulous, Ax :wink: Should I consider myself bribed for a song survivor vote now? :shifty:

major_panic said:
Good to see that you guys had a good time, though; next time, we'll all try to be there!

I don't suppose you could name the one time in the next four years or so that you will actually be free and we can plan around that? :wink:

Alisaura said:
And the muffin was fabulous, Ax :wink: Should I consider myself bribed for a song survivor vote now? :shifty:

:lol: Consider yourself bribed to ensure Slug wins Passengers!

I'm really glad you liked it. I very rarely get the opportunity to share my cooking with anybody, so it was nice to know that it is in fact edible to people other than me.

Axver said:

I don't suppose you could name the one time in the next four years or so that you will actually be free and we can plan around that? :wink:

I'll, uh... I'll have to get back to you on that. Can't talk. Busy.

Alisaura said:

You're on! I probably would have voted for it anyway :wink:
That or One Minute Warning... :hmm:

*goes hunting for Song Survivor thread*

You win at Passengers taste. :up:

One Minute Warning and Slug are my top two tracks there. Beach Sequence is also sensationally beautiful. If U2 know what's awesome, they will do Beach Sequence --> NYD live one day. It would be like October --> NYD, but ... better.

Alisaura said:
I dunno, I'm hanging out for U32D, myself.

I'm sure a Star Wars fan forum somewhere is hanging out for U3D2: R2D2's Cousin Live In Buenos Aires.

Axver said:
One Minute Warning and Slug are my top two tracks there. Beach Sequence is also sensationally beautiful. If U2 know what's awesome, they will do Beach Sequence --> NYD live one day. It would be like October --> NYD, but ... better.
Funny, I never would have picked NYD to be segued into like that... :hmm:... I'm gonna have to try that.

What's also good is Heartland --> Beach Sequence...
That does it, my Atmospheric mix CD is going in the player tonight.

It's gonna be tough when it gets down to Slug/Your Blue Room/Beach Sequence, since those three aren't getting many/any votes at the moment... :uhoh:

I'm sure a Star Wars fan forum somewhere is hanging out for U3D2: R2D2's Cousin Live In Buenos Aires.
:lol:
Oh boy, there's no telling where that joke could end.

Alisaura said:

Funny, I never would have picked NYD to be segued into like that... :hmm:... I'm gonna have to try that.

What's also good is Heartland --> Beach Sequence...
That does it, my Atmospheric mix CD is going in the player tonight.

Ooh, Heartland --> Beach Sequence sounds like a winner. One of my own favourite segues is One Tree Hill --> Heartland --> Bass Trap --> A Sort Of Homecoming (especially the live version) --> Streets. I cannot even begin to imagine how transcendent that would be if U2 actually did it.

It's gonna be tough when it gets down to Slug/Your Blue Room/Beach Sequence, since those three aren't getting many/any votes at the moment... :uhoh:

That's going to suck so much. It's a shame One Minute Warning seems to have already gathered a couple of votes. Honestly, I like Passengers so much and find it so consistent that I think it's the hardest of all albums to vote on.

Axver said:

Ooh, Heartland --> Beach Sequence sounds like a winner. One of my own favourite segues is One Tree Hill --> Heartland --> Bass Trap --> A Sort Of Homecoming (especially the live version) --> Streets. I cannot even begin to imagine how transcendent that would be if U2 actually did it.

That sounds like the most amazing segue ever... ! :) I'm going to go try that now. :D

The Australian U2 show is pretty good... they were playing in Clifton Hill last night, except I have no idea where that is and I was out having Greek food. They used to play in the Irish Times in the city regularly, but they stopped for some reason. :shrug:

I would like to get along to see them again...

Oh man, I feel bad, I forgot all about this thread in the postwhoring/Liechtenstein madness, I've barely been elsewhere on the forum. And it also slipped my mind to e-mail Leeann/AchtungGirl, and I feel really bad about that. Leeann, I feel pretty dreadful tonight but I'll get back to you tomorrow hopefully. Sorry. :reject:

Anyway, I'm posting here with a suggestion! Who here wants to go see The Chaser's Age of Terror Variety Hour? It's in Melbourne at the Athenaeum Theatre (corner Collins and Swanston) from 3 to 7 June and we could organise it as a group. Tickets are $48, or $43 if you qualify for a concession.

So who's interested?

Don't feel bad, Ax! I've been so busy, I haven't even checked my email in days... completely missed out on the whole Liechstenstein madness too...

... I hope you're feeling better... :hug:

The Chaser's Age of Terror Variety Hour sounds awesome! I'd definitely be interested in going. :)

Alisaura, thanks for the info! :) I think the Clifton Hill Hotel is in Queens Parade, not far from Hoddle St.

I've never seen a U2 cover band before... kind of scared to (incase they trash all the songs), but it sounds like it could be fun...?

Darn that's expensive for a pov uni student. I'll have to make do with seeing you at uni.

U2 cover band = a risk worth taking, if you ask me. I mean, if they're terrible, we can always sing over them, right? right? guys? :uhoh:

Alisaura said:
The Australian U2 show is pretty good... they were playing in Clifton Hill last night, except I have no idea where that is and I was out having Greek food. They used to play in the Irish Times in the city regularly, but they stopped for some reason. :shrug:

I would like to get along to see them again...

Clifton Hill is (I think) an inner-city suburb somewhere between Carlton and Northcote.

The Aus U2 Show is playing at the Clifton Hill Hotel this Friday 7th March and next Friday (14th March)...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom