"Massive U2 announcement" from radio city...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, what did you expect a liverpool radio staion to announce, honestly?

Yep, the massiveness of the announcement is subjective. From their point of view it's a massive achievement.

The interference crowd is legendarily difficult to please... can I remind you that this is actually the first radio broadcast quality bootleg that we get this year so I consider myself pretty pleased. :applaud:

The normal Q Radio feed sounds pretty good. However, when these stations go out on location and broadcast, usually the sound isn't nearly as good. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what it sounds like.

Yep, the massiveness of the announcement is subjective. From their point of view it's a massive achievement.

The interference crowd is legendarily difficult to please... can I remind you that this is actually the first radio broadcast quality bootleg that we get this year so I consider myself pretty pleased. :applaud:

I haven't been able to find a good torrent for the Somerville Theater mini-concert. Anyone know of one?

Yeah, don't promote pirvate bay on here. More than half the files on there are illegal and will plant trogans on ur computer

SMB

So, we may finally have a 5 star quality recording. I just hope to God they don't announce every song and have radio DJ's interrupt at all. Damn them South Americans for doing that to the amazing boots last tour

SMB

They'll probably just do what that Nice station did and watch the setlist on U2Gigs, playing each song from the album as it happens with fake applause interjected.

The São Paulo and Buenos Aires bootlegs from last tour sound awful. I'd much rather listen to a four-star audience recording than those "five-star" soundboard recordings. The mixing is terrible, especially on São Paulo, with the vocals being the worst off. Half the time, I have to strain to hear vocals at all, and the rest of the time, the overall mix is so loud that the vocals are audibly and obviously distorted. Listen to The Fly for an example of the former (all you can hear properly is Edge's awful-sounding guitar), and NYD for an example of the latter (when Bono goes into falsetto, it sounds like you are listening to the recording on a twenty-year-old cassette tape).

The Twickers show, on the other hand, was mixed beautifully, especially after the BBC did some re-mixing/mastering work on part of the show and re-broadcast it.

They'll probably just do what that Nice station did and watch the setlist on U2Gigs, playing each song from the album as it happens with fake applause interjected.

The São Paulo and Buenos Aires bootlegs from last tour sound awful. I'd much rather listen to a four-star audience recording than those "five-star" soundboard recordings. The mixing is terrible, especially on São Paulo, with the vocals being the worst off. Half the time, I have to strain to hear vocals at all, and the rest of the time, the overall mix is so loud that the vocals are audibly and obviously distorted. Listen to The Fly for an example of the former (all you can hear properly is Edge's awful-sounding guitar), and NYD for an example of the latter (when Bono goes into falsetto, it sounds like you are listening to the recording on a twenty-year-old cassette tape).

The Twickers show, on the other hand, was mixed beautifully, especially after the BBC did some re-mixing/mastering work on part of the show and re-broadcast it.

Its not going to be like the Nice deal, that is almost for sure. Its going to be a broadcast of the actual show. Whether it will be complete or not is another story.

I don't think Sao Paulo was an FM broadcast. I could be wrong, but I think all audio rips of that one were done from the Television broadcast. Sometimes that can make a big difference.

My "guess" is that if this happens it will be a pretty good quality recording if not top notch. Look at the local French Broadcast from 1997 of the Leeds England Popmart show. That is one of the better quality recordings from any tour period. :shrug:

I will take an average soundboard, good IEM or decent broadcast almost everytime over an audience recording myself.

I know São Paulo was only a TV broadcast; I was referring to Shawn's comments about South Americans getting all the good bootlegs last tour.

List Radio Stations who are broadcasting Sheffield show live

Can someone please list all the radio stations who will be broadcasting the Sheffield Show on the 18th August.

Will the broadcast be truly 'live', or on a slight delay to allow for the unwelcome intrusions of jingles or even advertising? I note that most if not all of the broadcasters are commercial stations so will they really be able to go ad-free for over two hours?

Hey, at least its not a South American show. I've heard a fair few South American radio broadcasts and their DJs do tend to get very excited and talk over the band playing!

Yeah, don't promote pirvate bay on here. More than half the files on there are illegal and will plant trogans on ur computer

SMB

Except in this case we know the uploader. Since Sommerville had some official stuff on it it couldn't be uploaded to u2torrents, that's the only reason he had to upload it there.

Will the broadcast be truly 'live', or on a slight delay to allow for the unwelcome intrusions of jingles or even advertising? I note that most if not all of the broadcasters are commercial stations so will they really be able to go ad-free for over two hours?

I was sat with some U2 crew discussing it after breakfast yesterday morning (they only just found out about it) and it will indeed be a delayed transmission. Whether that is to cater for ad breaks or not is another matter.

Massive my butt! Massive would be U2 anouncing the release of SOA or anouncing that they will now be playing some new songs on the concerts. This doesn't excite me one bit because we already get bootlegs of the shows anyway via youtube and other sources. Big deal. I hate it when people hype up shit so much!

291546.full.gif

-dan

I was sat with some U2 crew discussing it after breakfast yesterday morning (they only just found out about it) and it will indeed be a delayed transmission. Whether that is to cater for ad breaks or not is another matter.

Thanks for the clarification. I fully expect ad breaks then, but hope that the show is broadcast 'as live' as much as possible. Twickenham 2005 was incomplete, and did the whole show ever emerge in broadcast quality? I have a version of it but think that the 'missing' songs were sourced from an audience bootleg.

you can get this broadcast via satellite tv in europe - its on 28.2E (the sky satellite). Q music is on this.
cheers

Do you mean those with Sky Tv can get this broadcast? How would i be able to tune in to the station? Would you be able to recoerd it with a sky plus box?

Thanks for the clarification. I fully expect ad breaks then, but hope that the show is broadcast 'as live' as much as possible. Twickenham 2005 was incomplete, and did the whole show ever emerge in broadcast quality? I have a version of it but think that the 'missing' songs were sourced from an audience bootleg.

There was a re-broadcast at Christmas that year that filled in some of the gaps. There remain 3 songs missing - Electric Co, New Years Day & Beautiful Day which (to my knowledge) have never been broadcast.

I assume Sheffield will be put on delay for adverts and to catch any expletives they want to remove.

As per the press release they are saying sheffield will have no ad's "uninterupted", apart from maybe long pauses during the show i.e. encore break etc, its all on the press release.

is it really going to be that big? radio stations have the tendency to hype stuff up and it turns out to be crap.

Well its going out to 25 radio stations here in the UK, thats an estimate of 6.5 million people tuning in, they are running nothing but U2 on all 25 radio startions for 5 hours (from 7pm-12am), and these stations are the main radio stations from their own city i.e. Radio City 96.7 here in Liverpool.

Well its going out to 25 radio stations here in the UK, thats an estimate of 6.5 million people tuning in, they are running nothing but U2 on all 25 radio startions for 5 hours (from 7pm-12am), and these stations are the main radio stations from their own city i.e. Radio City 96.7 here in Liverpool.

Well that nicely sorts out the evenings entertainment then :drool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom