"Massive U2 announcement" from radio city...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Just been a promo on Radio City 96.7 here in liverpool saying "massive U2 announcement 8am monday", now i know this could possibly be to win tickets or whatever, BUT they normally say for your chance to win tune in monday etc etc

what else could this be?,

That's what I think.....I hope they play in Montreal. And Baltimore, Maryland in the summer of 2010, please.

Yeah, but why would a radio station in Liverpool be reporting on N American tour dates? Unless the news to be revealed is something widespread that's going to be circulated on lots of other radio stations, I can only assume it'll be something relating to the UK, or that part of England in particular...

U2 for Anfield in 2010?

Or, it'll end up being completely anti-climactic!

They probs be doing a live phone in :doh:

" So how long have you guys been together now for ? "

Spiderman has been delayed. That's no joke. I am sure this isn't the massive announcement, just fyi.
The show is running in to financial difficulties.

Blurb from Variety:

Is the upcoming "Spider-Man" musical stuck in a web of financial woes?

Variety reports:

Extensive work being done to prep for the technically demanding show, both in the shop constructing the physical production and in the theater where "Spider-Man" is due to bow, is said to have stopped this week.
The Hollywood trade publication says "cash flow obstacles" may be to blame.

The show, which is set to star Evan Rachel Wood and Alan Cumming and feature the music of U2's Bono and The Edge, is supposed to begin previews in February of next year.

I will post in the Spidey man thread too! carry on....

Maybe they're just going to read some crappy article from some crappy British tabloid speculating based on bullshit evidence that U2 will be breaking up, and announce it as TR00 FACT.

Maybe they're just going to read some crappy article from some crappy British tabloid speculating based on bullshit evidence that U2 will be breaking up, and announce it as TR00 FACT.

The promo was more a happy kind, my bet is "this is your chance to win tickets to see U2 at wembley/cardiff/sheffield".

The promo was more a happy kind, my bet is "this is your chance to win tickets to see U2 at wembley/cardiff/sheffield".

Aren't tickets still available for all UK shows except Wembley 1? If so, you hardly need a radio contest to get cheap nosebleeds.

It might be about SNL. It has to be about something in US

Agreed that it's something about the US. Although, "massive announcement" makes it seem like it would have to be bigger than that, right? I know U2 are the masters of hype and excitement, but even so... :hmm:

EDIT: oh wait, not Radio City music HALL, but rather the UK radio station.. hmmm... in that case, maybe they're going to broadcast one of the upcoming UK shows on worldwide radio? C'mon, Cardiff!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom