Let's Wager Some Money / First single release speculation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks; I really do feel bad about it, and I know people here are chomping at the bit.
Well, if people think I was full of it, that's ok with me I guess.
I deserve any anger directed my way.

Again, sorry.

No problems at all. I had a better time yesterday waiting for somethin than I'd had not waiting for anything:wave:

Breaking news - Edge talks about new song "Sexy Nuts":

"Y'know...this song is an ode...an ode to all those little things in life that you don't even know that you have or doesn't care about. Sometimes they may seem insignificant to you, but you don't know how important they are. Sometimes you don't even know that they are there but one day you look and they're there right under your... nose"

Would work well when they take over SNL again in April. Should be a funny skit with Alec Baldwin making a cameo :no:. . .

Folks-
I apologize; I got no response from my source today. I will not email him again asking what happened; he probably couldn't care less.
As far as I heard there was going to be "something special" happening today; I hoped it would be a leak, but it wasn't.
I could write a long soliloquy about the music buisness and the people in it, but in the end, who cares? People say stuff and then turn around and do the opposite.
Maybe I was led around from the start....but my September source was right....I don't know what to think.

At any rate, I'm sorry if I got anyone's hopes up here for nothing...at least we'll hear it by Monday, if not sooner hopefully.
even though i oft (okay always) disagree with you :wink: i wouldn't really feel bad about it. you don't control the information sent to you or whatever. i'm sure everybody appreciates any bit of inside info they can possibly get.

that said, I doubt my 1-15 prediction will hold true at this point. I really don't think this is going to leak. Obviously not quite like U2, but I think Kelly Clarkson had her single officially released yesterday, and it did not leak. I work with a lot of teenage and college aged girls which is why I know :wink:

and maybe I'm a closet Kelly fan too. :sexywink: but anyway, point being, with a lot of songs being sent digitally, or at least that's what i've been reading, to radio stations it decreases the likelihood of a leak since they can just click "send" whenever they want the song to be played, instead of having to make sure that all these places had the CD ready to rock and roll.

or at least that's what I've been concluding. I could be wrong. It's late and I've had a few drinks. so. whatever. Monday isn't too far away at all.

with a lot of songs being sent digitally, or at least that's what i've been reading, to radio stations it decreases the likelihood of a leak since they can just click "send" whenever they want the song to be played, instead of having to make sure that all these places had the CD ready to rock and roll.

Thats what I'm thinking. If they where smart, Universal would not have sent out any demos/hard copies to anyone, which explains why they havent started showing up on ebay. This way they pretty much guarantee that it's played only when they're ready to make money from it.

:sigh: I guess I can wait, but it's kind of ironic that we got our asses into gear and got organsied with this email system to get ready for a leak to show up, and for the first time, it looks likely that it won't leak at all!

a part of me is actually glad it might not leak!

Yeah of course i want to hear it right now but i think if it does not leak and we are all sitting round our radios on Monday that will be kinda of cool!

Is it just me, or is it weird to have a single released around the time of performing for the US Pres. Inauguration?

Wouldn't the performance just take away the attention from the single release?

i dont think so.... iam sittin in a internet cafe. :hyper:
ans load .... and load ..... and load...... perhaps i found the "nadel im heuhaufen" :applaud:

Just for the interest, this is how early some recent "eagerly awaited" releases leaked:

Snow Patrol - 4 days
Kanye West - 5
Springsteen - 15
Akon - 6
Coldplay - 5
Guns n Roses - 5 (CD quality)
Britney Spears - 15
Fall Out Boy - 9
Nickelback - 6
The Cure - 7

There are plenty of others around the 2-10 day mark. Expecting NLOTH to leak almost 50 days early is ridiculously ambitious.

HTDAAB was officially leaked by MTV.com a week before it was released. Since NLOTH will be released on Friday 2/27 in Ireland we will get to hear it at least by then if not sooner.

I don't get it! Is wednesday already and we don't have anything on U2.com! The biggest news website in Brazil (UOL) posted the Boots news yesterday and that was it. So i think apart from hardcore fans like us not many people are aware of a new U2 single coming on next monday. What is happening? Is it because of this financial crisis they don't want to spend too much in promotion? Ok not likely...

But anyway, everything is a little empty right now, no big anouncements, no new visual identity.
Definitely it's doesn't look that we are having the new U2 single on monday. :down:

I don't get it! Is wednesday already and we don't have anything in U2.com! The biggest news website in Brazil (UOL) posted the Boots news yesterday and that was it. So i think apart from hardcore fans like us not many people are aware of a new U2 single coming on next monday. What is happening? Is it because of this financial crisis they don't want to spend too much in promotion? Ok not likely...

But anyway, everything is a little empty right now, no big anouncements, no new visual identity.
Definitely it's doesn't look that we are having the new U2 single on monday. :down:

dude.. u2.com is the last place you are going to find out about anything new that is u2 related. Trust me after being a member there for a few years nothing has changed.. It's a very badly run site (which unfortunately is sebastian clayton, adam's brother).

dude.. u2.com is the last place you are going to find out about anything new that is u2 related. Trust me after being a member there for a few years nothing has changed.. It's a very badly run site (which unfortunately is sebastian clayton, adam's brother).

Ok i agree, but i was not referring only to U2.com, but from all fo them of the "U2 camp". I mean, where is the promotion?? The big adverts? I'll repeat, it's wednesday, so if they intend to release Boots on the radios everywhere on monday they should be creating the hype by now...

I don't get it! Is wednesday already and we don't have anything on U2.com!

since I honestly don't remember it myself, I'll just repeat what someone in one of those loooong threads here said...
the last time the "new" version of u2.com was launched was the day Vertigo was released to radio stations...
Maybe on Monday we'll see new u2.com... and maybe that's why it's so quiet on there lately :hmm:

Ok i agree, but i was not referring only to U2.com, but from all fo them of the "U2 camp". I mean, where is the promotion?? The big adverts? I'll repeat, it's wednesday, so if they intend to release Boots on the radios everywhere on monday they should be creating the hype by now...

I think we also need to understand, this is just a single. I'm sure by March we'll be inundated with all sorts or promotion.

with HTDAAB it was different because there was this iPod comercial, I think this time they'll start everything when the video for GOYB is ready (end of January /rumor)

since I honestly don't remember it myself, I'll just repeat what someone in one of those loooong threads here said...
the last time the "new" version of u2.com was launched was the day Vertigo was released to radio stations...
Maybe on Monday we'll see new u2.com... and maybe that's why it's so quiet on there lately :hmm:

They should post the radio release of the new single, they don't need to launch the new version just yet.

Unless...

This morning when I was listening to Alt Nation (the sad Sirius replacement to XM's Ethel) the DJ played Beautiful Day and when the song was over he said something like "Okay, here is the timeline, we should be playing the new U2 single within the week", the tone struck me as if they had been getting inquiries about it and was just trying to stop people from asking any more about it.

This morning when I was listening to Alt Nation (the sad Sirius replacement to XM's Ethel) the DJ played Beautiful Day and when the song was over he said something like "Okay, here is the timeline, we should be playing the new U2 single within the week", the tone struck me as if they had been getting inquiries about it and was just trying to stop people from asking any more about it.

Hey Rose...I lost a few good stations on the Sirius end too(Boombox,etc.)...lol
I'm really hoping Sirius/XM starts a U2 channel....(I'm sure they will)....there is a rumour that U2 will be appearing on one of the Sirius/XM stations in the near future...so we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom