LA #5 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not Africa 2.0 level yet. That was the WORST.

And of course, Vertigo was my first ever U2 show. I kinda went "wtf" when I realized they werent doing red/white lights and we got the African flag parade instead. :doh:

The visuals aren't as bad but bringing the show to a total halt for Bono to speechify for a bit, then the awkward snippet, then Bono *talking* over the guitar may be worse than Pride in momentum killing and sonic awkwardness.

U2 have proven that they do not have to play One on a nightly basis this tour

I think almost anything could be switched out at this point but they're not daring enough to try. imagine if Volcano swapped in for Vertigo or something.

And by almost anything you mean anything other than Where the Streets have No Name haha. That song is NEVER leaving unless it's tiny gigs like The Roxy.

10fe06b.png

Fuck yeah

"Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / United States Declaration Of Independence (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)"

:crack:

They played New York in NYC all the time... maybe they don't know the Forum is in California...

The Forum - Los Angeles, CA - June 3, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control / Good Times, Bad Times (snippet)
03 - Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Burning Down the House (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Volcano
15 - Ordinary Love
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky / Black Dog (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
18 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Beautiful Day
20 - The Troubles
21 - With or Without You
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
22 - City of Blinding Lights
23 - Mother and Child Reunion (snippet) / U.S. Declaration of Independence (snippet) / Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
24 - One

I like this ragged, singalong version. It's sparse without the backing string track and without the second guitar, so it feels fresh.

One has been terrible since ZooTV and I don't even like the album version. I've just never understood the hype for it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I like this ragged, singalong version. It's sparse without the backing string track and without the second guitar, so it feels fresh.

It does feel fresh. I can't tell if I'm bothered by the fact that Bono is signing 50% of the lyrics or not.

I still think it's hilarious that I happened to go to the one show California was played at, out of 7 full gigs in the state.

No clue what U2 is doing with that song.

they will play it 6 times in new york

Back
Top Bottom