July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Dublin Discussion Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is always such a myth. what benefit are the residents actually going to see? are their taxes and rates going to be cut a little bit because of the concert? no.

Community Trust Fund will take on community enhancement projects in the locality with the stimulus we'll be providing Dublin. Could have potential from creating a local aquarium, or maybe a new park. Further providing Dublin to become more of a beacon on the global map.

I know you still may want to fight your perspective, but the greater picture will be taken here, and for how much $$ we're providing, you can lose a little sleep, you won't die, I promise you.

So this isn't a myth, this money dosn't just dissappear into the ground. It collects and gathers like rain to provide for the local welfare in ways that might not be seen as a benefit you wished for, but still holds value in community.

Community Trust Fund will take on community enhancement projects in the locality with the stimulus we'll be providing Dublin. Could have potential from creating a local aquarium, or maybe a new park. Further providing Dublin to become more of a beacon on the global map.

I know you still may want to fight your perspective, but the greater picture will be taken here, and for how much $$ we're providing, you can lose a little sleep, you won't die, I promise you.

So this isn't a myth, this money dosn't just dissappear into the ground. It collects and gathers like rain to provide for the local welfare in ways that might not be seen as a benefit you wished for, but still holds value in community.

Is this still grounds for U2 doing something they shouldn't have without even getting permission. They played two dates at Slane on Elevation didn't they get permission for that or did they just go ahead and play there because hey it's good for the economy

:sad: My red zone order for Dublin 3 doesn`t even show up on my Ticketmaster account. I haven`t had the 2nd e-mail either though I know they`ve charged my credit card.

I e-mailed them again yesterday to find out what is going on :hmm:

When I emailed them, it took them over a week to email me back. I never got an email telling me my tickets were dispatched,unless it went to my spam folder and was automatically deleted. I had to check in my order history

Is this still grounds for U2 doing something they shouldn't have without even getting permission. They played two dates at Slane on Elevation didn't they get permission for that or did they just go ahead and play there because hey it's good for the economy

Wow, let it go. Why is everyone making this so personal. It isn't like it was Larry sitting at his desk coming up with ways to screw the common folks of Dublin by not filing some paperwork. Some intern somewhere probably forgot to mail something. Or maybe the government was slow in responding and someone assumed it would be ok. Either way, like everyone agrees, THEY WOULD HAVE SAID YES ANYWAY! I for one pledge to only urinate in designated areas.

Don't need grounds, it's U2.

You have one life, you going to enjoy a band that happens to live in the same time as you?

Or you going to tie your panties in knots and bitch and moan until one day, You die!

Just checked Ticketmaster.ie, my tickets to Dublin 1 have been dispatched too :hyper: Now I`m going to contact my friends who bought the tickets to Dublin 2 and Dublin 3, I need to know if theirs were dispatched too! It´s all happening :hyper:

No sign of mine being dispatched yet :sad: Hopefully they will be out soon.

Don't need grounds, it's U2.

You have one life, you going to enjoy a band that happens to live in the same time as you?

Or you going to tie your panties in knots and bitch and moan until one day, You die!

I'm going to tell you a shocking thing right now, so be seated.

There are people who do not love U2 like you do. There are even some who don't like them or even *gasp* hate them.

They have as much right as you to live around Croke park. Because frankly, it's NOT a concert venue. It's a sports venue.

They have all their rights to bitch and moan because U2 is violating the rules. U2 aren't gods. They're humans who should obey the law.

I am very happy there's a third concert, BUT, I understand why the residents bitch and I do not put U2 up on a huge pedestral and consider them above all law.

There are people who do not love U2 like you do. There are even some who don't like them or even *gasp* hate them.

They have as much right as you to live around Croke park. Because frankly, it's NOT a concert venue. It's a sports venue.

They have all their rights to bitch and moan because U2 is violating the rules. U2 aren't gods. They're humans who should obey the law.

I am very happy there's a third concert, BUT, I understand why the residents bitch and I do not put U2 up on a huge pedestral and consider them above all law.

amen to that GG. :up: agreed and feel the same way.

This is all silly. Your right....I can't stand Bruce Springsteen, but seemingly he walks on water for most people. I would gladly put up with several nights of noise and chaos if it meant a quarter of a million people go to have the night of their lives.
I don't think anyone said they don't have the right to live there.....just that there are consequences that go along with living anywhere.
As far as it only being a sporst venue and that being a justification for people acting childish.....Croke Park disagrees:
"Croke Park. Not just a Venue.

A Destination.

The home of Gaelic Games, headquarters of the GAA (Gaelic Athletic Association), and with a capacity for 82,300 people, Croke Park has been at the heart of Irish sporting life for over a hundred years. In 2009 the GAA is celebrating 125 years since its foundation in 1884.
An inspirational venue not only for GAA supporters and players but also for spectacular performances including

• Muhammad Ali who fought here in 1972
  • Concerts from U2, Robbie Williams, The Police, Neil Diamond, Westlife, Tina Turner, Bon Jovi... to name but a few
  • Opening and closing ceremonies of the 2003 Special Olympics World Summer Games
  • In 2007 the home of Gaelic Games hosted international rugby and soccer fixtures for the first time
With a prime location in central Dublin and a tradition that is steeped in history, Croke Park stadium holds a special place in the hearts of the people of Ireland. For event planners and conference delegates, the high spec facilities, warm welcome, excellent hospitality and friendly service make for a memorable event."

Oh and if we can do it for OJ, we can do it for U2!:wink:

I have shocking news too, ready?

What I said is true, we're all DEAD in 50-70 years if we're lucky to live that long. SO like I said, you can bitch and moan (and I NEVER said Northside Locals couldn't) OR you could live and smile at everything. Be warned though, if you keep such an attitude as being grumpy, happiness will be hard to find.

And U2 is not on a pedestol, U2's fans ARE! There's over 80,000 of us each night, That's something to put up on a pedestol, last I checked, #'s count.

I have shocking news too, ready?

What I said is true, we're all DEAD in 50-70 years if we're lucky to live that long. SO like I said, you can bitch and moan (and I NEVER said Northside Locals couldn't) OR you could live and smile at everything. Be warned though, if you keep such an attitude as being grumpy, happiness will be hard to find.

And U2 is not on a pedestol, U2's fans ARE! There's over 80,000 of us each night, That's something to put up on a pedestol, last I checked, #'s count.

pedestal= pedestol :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom