July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Discussion Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
have fun everyone, im meeting someone thursday night to swap tickets at another pub, so not sure if we will make the meet up
will try, ill ad you on fb as well

i added my name on FB as facebook.com/guinnesstout as well

:crack: I think I will be taking a taxi from the airport. My luggage is full and I am not sure I can handle carrying all of this while dealing with jet lag. :sigh:

all because of the rain and cooler weather.

Look into Aircoach...depending on where you are staying they might be a good choice. Taxis are expensive! My hotel recommended the aircoach bus.

See you all soon! I'm in Ireland and having a great time....and this is only the beginning!

:crack: I think I will be taking a taxi from the airport. My luggage is full and I am not sure I can handle carrying all of this while dealing with jet lag. :sigh:

all because of the rain and cooler weather.

I am definitely taking a taxi... it's either that or the public bus for me to my b&b. And on Dublin Bus website, they discourage people with huge luggage to use the bus... which is really weird to me. Why would they have a bus to/from the airport if people can't bring luggage onboard? Maybe for the employees?

I am definitely taking a taxi... it's either that or the public bus for me to my b&b. And on Dublin Bus website, they discourage people with huge luggage to use the bus... which is really weird to me. Why would they have a bus to/from the airport if people can't bring luggage onboard? Maybe for the employees?

The bus is more for people going on short trips to the UK and Europe, most of those flights don't even include luggage excluding carry on so it suits those people.

The aircoach is the only bus you should get if you have luggage. I wouldn't recommend a taxi they're really expensive, if the aircoach goes near your hotel get it

The bus is more for people going on short trips to the UK and Europe, most of those flights don't even include luggage excluding carry on so it suits those people.

The aircoach is the only bus you should get if you have luggage. I wouldn't recommend a taxi they're really expensive, if the aircoach goes near your hotel get it

Thanks for the insight. Unfortunately for me it looks like I can't go with aircoach. I'll be staying in Drumcondra, and I looked at Airlink and Aircoach, and none of them seems to stop in drumcondra. The b&b proprieotr told me it should be between 15 to 20 euros to take a taxi to her place. Any other idea on what type of transportation I can take to Drumcondra?

I saw the 4 o'clock warning on TM as well but think I will just chance getting there at around 12pm, from what I've heard that should be plenty of time :)

By the way, does anyone who's been there before remember if there's any shops or places we can get food around Croke Park if we take turns making food runs while queueing ??

Thanks for the insight. Unfortunately for me it looks like I can't go with aircoach. I'll be staying in Drumcondra, and I looked at Airlink and Aircoach, and none of them seems to stop in drumcondra. The b&b proprieotr told me it should be between 15 to 20 euros to take a taxi to her place. Any other idea on what type of transportation I can take to Drumcondra?

I'd say get a taxi to the Drumcondra, it's not that far from the airport. As you've correctly stated, you'll pay the 7 euro to get the Aircoach to O'Connell St and then have to pay probably another 15 euro or so to get back out to Drumcondra. Will save you time and money just to get a taxi from the airport to Drumcondra in the first place. Depending on how many of you there are I would say it will cost in the region of no more than 15-20 euro!

Either way, I am walking with this luggage. I am still at work, I will go home in a few hours and eliminate some items from my luggage before I head to the airport this evening.

I do not want to take a taxi because of the cost but if my patience tomorrow morning is non-existent, I may just pony up the cab fare so I do not end up throwing my luggage into the River Liffey due to shear annoyance.

I wish I could pack the weather we have been having in Atlanta this past week. Sunshine and 81 degrees.

I saw the 4 o'clock warning on TM as well but think I will just chance getting there at around 12pm, from what I've heard that should be plenty of time :)

By the way, does anyone who's been there before remember if there's any shops or places we can get food around Croke Park if we take turns making food runs while queueing ??

I don't think there is anything around there= it's a residential area. So probably the best you can hope for is a small corner shop. Last time they opened the gates at around midday and let everyone in to an enclosed area where I believe they did have food & drink

we'rer going prepared this time- stuff to read and food/drink

Let's start a betting pool right now on what rain-related song Bono will snippet.

I'm in for the Beatles' Rain.

Summer Rain. Please, let them play Summer Rain!

I've searched (on Google Maps, admittedly) for a café or fast food restaurant around the area, but with no success. I think if you want food you're going to have to head into the city, or possibly see if the Croke Park hotel will do quick lunches or something for non-customers.

Summer Rain is about as likely as Flower Child. Being performed at a Kunstmuseum near you!

Anyone staying at Trinity College - a friend and I have booked an apartment there and are looking for people to hook up with for the shows

Summer Rain. Please, let them play Summer Rain!

I've searched (on Google Maps, admittedly) for a café or fast food restaurant around the area, but with no success. I think if you want food you're going to have to head into the city, or possibly see if the Croke Park hotel will do quick lunches or something for non-customers.

There are plenty of shops you can get a salad roll / sandwiches and drinks within 5 - 10 mins walk from Croker. Theres a Spar or a Centra couple of doors down from Quinns pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom