July 16, 17, 2010 - Montreal - Hippodrome - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the bottom of this note ,Jacques Aubé mention that the shows will still be held at the hippodrome next summer.

evenko: U2 - JULY 16 & 17 CONCERTS ARE POSTPONED TO 2011 / Hippodrome de Montréal | Facebook

Jacques Aubé, Vice President and General Manager of evenko mentioned: “We understand the feeling of disappointment Montreal U2 fans are experiencing for not being able to witness this unbelievable concert this summer. However, we are pleased to announce that the 2 shows will be rescheduled for 2011 at the Montreal Hippodrome. We encourage fans to keep their tickets as they will be honoured for the new dates. We wish Bono a complete and healthy recovery.”

It says it will be rescheduled for 2011 at the Hippodrome, but it doesn't actually say for summer. New dates could be for spring 2011, adding summer dates seem way too long extending U2360 (2009-2011). World tour lasting 3 years will probably be their longest running tour in history.

thanks for that link- disappointing, but the show will (eventually) go on- and hopefully bono will feel a lot better and we will have some new music
now the question is whether I still go to montreal for a fun weekend this july, or just wait until next summer

It says it will be rescheduled for 2011 at the Hippodrome, but it doesn't actually say for summer. New dates could be for spring 2011, adding summer dates seem way too long extending U2360 (2009-2011). World tour lasting 3 years will probably be their longest running tour in history.

Sheesh, you're right...it will be a long tour.

If it's spring, it'd have to be late spring. The weather in this part of the world doesn't get reliable enough to hold an outdoor event until May. I live in the NY metro area and we've had snowstorms in April :crack:

We shall see...

April 27th-28th exactly in northern Vermont this year!!! :crack::crack:

Seriously, that is great news that the Hippodrome site is saved!!!! I am hoping dates will be announced soon. I may have to take some time off from work if it is in June!!!

Well,the North American leg won't be held in January,February,March and even April.It will start ,at the earliest, mid-late May.

What's will be interesting to see is will tour go east to west or, like this year was plane wich was ,west-east.

I hope it's July again and a weekend!! (Although it will be a very long wait!)

I haven't cancelled our hotel reservation yet...we just might take a trip to Montreal anyway!

This is so funny guys!!! Remember the Party Girls? They are on the radio right now as I speak, talking to a Montreal DJ, and they are headed to the Hippodrome to do a private vigil...I wonder if a video will be posted on You Tube...:hmm:

I hope it's July again and a weekend!! (Although it will be a very long wait!)

I haven't cancelled our hotel reservation yet...we just might take a trip to Montreal anyway!

I am hoping for a July date, too, on a weekend. Not sure what to do this summer now that my "highlight" weekend has vanished...:|

I hope that the dates stay sort of the same next year. I want my friends to be able to come to all the shows they were going to do this year, without worrying about school.

If the shows are in May, I'll have to delay my own graduation until December...and my parents will make me pay for that extra time :happy: So heres hoping the schedule is much the the same, even if it means a looong wait.

Wow that'd be great! :up: I was afraid it'd be like Honolulu where we didn't know until a couple months befoe showtime... i guess that could still happen but I hope not!

What is the advantage of announcing the new dates 12 months in advance?Are ticket holders would be more reluctant to ask for a refund?

Yes. :wink:

I think it'd be great to know so plans can be arranged and not leave us hanging. If I can't go afterall I'd rather know sooner than later

That is interesting...the Evenko spokeswoman I heard on the radio tonight said it could even be as soon as the end of the week. All I know is I hope it will be soon!!!:cute:

You can catch Montreal radio stations in New England? Which frequency?CHOM? ,Virgine Radio?

Here In Montreal,the only radio station from the U.S. that i can get with a clear sound is the 99,9 the Buzz.(Vermont station)

But from the point of view of the band/artist and the promoter?

I'm not sure I understand. At this point the promoters and band are probably scrambling to organize and announce the new dates ASAP, in order to minimize even further inconvenience and cost on the part of the fans. The one year airfare credit cutoff is probably a major factor in that.

Jacques Aubé, Vice President and General
Manager of evenko mentioned: “We understand the feeling of disappointment
Montreal U2 fans are experiencing for not being able to witness this
unbelievable concert this summer. However, we are pleased to announce that the 2
shows will be rescheduled for 2011 at the Montreal Hippodrome. We encourage
fans to keep their tickets as they will be honoured for the new dates. We wish
Bono a complete and healthy recovery.”

We encourage fans to keep their tickets as they will be honoured for the new dates in 2011, to be announced shortly.

evenko / Press Releases

I'm not sure I understand. At this point the promoters and band are probably scrambling to organize and announce the new dates ASAP, in order to minimize even further inconvenience and cost on the part of the fans. The one year airfare credit cutoff is probably a major factor in that.

I meant what's the advantage for them(band and promoter) to do that 12 months ahead.I mean,i would have thought they would wait until Bono is 100% physically sure to go with the Euro leg,then scheduling next year's N.A. portion.

But maybe that they really are looking at the perspective of the fans financial interest before their own,like you are suggesting.

Which would be all in their Honnor.

You can catch Montreal radio stations in New England? Which frequency?CHOM? ,Virgine Radio?

Here In Montreal,the only radio station from the U.S. that i can get with a clear sound is the 99,9 the Buzz.(Vermont station)

:up:
I live right on the Canadian border so I can get CHOM and Virgin Radio. Been listening for years...:cute:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom