Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ax might be able to determine tix sold.

Maybe the Stones have sold more as they've been around a lot longer, who knows.

Unfortunately not. If there's one thing I haven't kept much track of, it's ticket sales.

#winkyface

Since they weren't fucking touring anywhere else.

You're not the world's biggest band if you barely get beyond North America or Western Europe. You're not the world's biggest band if your idea of a risky market is mythical Pittsburgh.

maybe if you guys would jump off your rock and push it closer to the rest of us they'd stop by a little more often.

Since they weren't fucking touring anywhere else.

You're not the world's biggest band if you barely get beyond North America or Western Europe. You're not the world's biggest band if your idea of a risky market is mythical Pittsburgh.

That wasn't my point at all. I understand it must be mega frustrating to be a big fan and be neglected... just that, by concert standards in the US, once every two years is not considered a lot. Tons of acts do more shows (albeit to smaller audiences) in shorter periods of time.

Vertigo is great.
Boots is not.

Vertigo is one of the best tunes they've ever crafted.

Boots is a great tune, IMO, but lesser than Vertigo, agreed.

The only song I don't exactly care for on NLOTH is Stand Up Comedy.

I'll also add that NLOTH comes off as the best produced album in their entire catalogue (with honorable mention going to POP).

So who just watched that live Facebook feed with 11 questions for U2?

Quite loved the questions by Chris from Devon, England. Gym culture of treadmills influencing JT music. You know, maybe a good idea for Bonzo. What with after I Fall Down. Just Get on Your Boots and start Running to Stand Still, Bonzo. Chris will Fix You.

What a waste of time that live q&a was. Nothing interesting to come out of it.

Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

That was the worst live stream that I have ever seen, technical-wise. Who the hell uses 4 different cameras and no direct audio? Did they even have microphones on them?

Most of the questions and answers were ok, could have been better.

What a waste of time that live q&a was. Nothing interesting to come out of it.

I agree. Usually Bono would do something funny but that was lame. Where was Dallas with that shitty audio?

Chris Martin with his faux humility.....

Damn, ya'll are vicious. Just enjoy the fact that they're interacting.

If there gonna interact at least tell me something that I don't know or give me some type of news.

The questions were terrible. Who came up with these? Where is the place where the streets have no name,come on if you don't know just google it

Thought we would hear about the possible set list,what songs might be thrown in with the joshua tree songs,any new songs, whats the staging going to be like. Just no interesting questions

Just seemed really pointless to me

Did Bono say anything about possibly being my son's father? I'm thinking about going on Maury to figure this whole thing out.

If there gonna interact at least tell me something that I don't know or give me some type of news.

The questions were terrible. Who came up with these? Where is the place where the streets have no name,come on if you don't know just google it

Thought we would hear about the possible set list,what songs might be thrown in with the joshua tree songs,any new songs, whats the staging going to be like. Just no interesting questions

Just seemed really pointless to me

Lots of casual fans out there probably enjoyed it. Obviously, you're not a casual fan.

I also have to say that they are not without competition as well. To have GNR, Metallica, RHCP's, Greenday, Depeche Mode, Roger Waters, etc... along with multitudes of festivals through the summer, there is huge crossover in fanbases, and no one has time and money for them all...

There are so many tours this summer as you point out. I think for the casual fan with a budget, maybe only one show is on the menu. If U2 had no other competition (an extreme hypothetical), they would sell a lot more tickets.

Point is that yes, the competition bites into U2 tickets sales a bit, but not enough to matter in the long run.

Did Bono say anything about possibly being my son's father? I'm thinking about going on Maury to figure this whole thing out.

giphy.gif

Well, I'm sure those types of of questions were asked, but the band or their "people" are going to choose what questions got answered anyway. Plus, I doubt they were going to answer questions that sort of went beyond the scope of the album anyway (tour, set lists, SOE, Pop re-release, etc.).

Makes you wonder what Eastern Europe has got to do though. Stop being on the wrong side of the border with Germany or Italy?

Western Europe gets the shows because the demand is stronger there. This is a limited tour or rather a selection of shows, so only the places with the highest demand get shows.

Western Europe gets the shows because the demand is stronger there. This is a limited tour or rather a selection of shows, so only the places with the highest demand get shows.

I mean touring in general. It's not as if nobody wants to see U2 in, say, Hungary, Poland, the Baltic, the Balkans, Greece, etc. Those countries all sell well for other major Western European/North American artists. U2 under-tour the planet relative to similar major acts, and yes I have the stats lying around to back that up.

Bono did mention rehearsals in the Facebook Live talk and they are at Electric Ladyland too.

well a lot of the stage rigging these days gets done in a small town north of Lancaster, PA - only a 2 1/2 hour drive from NYC or a 30 minute private plane ride - so it wouldn't shock me if the band hopped over that way to check things out, do a little rehearsing. we're only 2 months out, so it's not crazy to think that they're starting to get serious.

Bono did mention rehearsals in the Facebook Live talk and they are at Electric Ladyland too.

BC Place has no events scheduled between mid April and the May 12 show. They could set up in there for a few weeks if they want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom