Invisible Discussion Thread III (Do not post song requests - discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much as I dislike the constant use of performance based videos, this is definitely their best one, Larry standing is a nice touch, nod to Kraftwerk perhaps?

A tweet saying 'its time to make Bono pay for the misery he has unleashed upon the world'. Yes, that's actually what it said.

Sorry for getting your hopes up with album news...

i'm glad it's been taken down - really really dodgy (and disgusting) headline, although what the writer was saying about Sachs was interesting - he may have had some kind of Damascus road conversion since then but his policies still make me squirm a bit... re. the tax issue - sure i can understand it can make people feel it's unfair if they're indeed not paying tax on 95% of their earnings, but who knows, maybe they actually give away more than what would be due in tax and spent on god knows what anyway... i am forced to pay a shitload of tax but i really despise my tax revenue being spent on flowers for the Elysee Palace for instance and wish i could choose where it goes...

eta: also explains the weak BBC6 review as the writer was one of the reviewers on the show!

That's a great video. I got a massive buzz of excitement from it which I didn't really from the song alone. Some terrifically stylish visuals, for sure.

Untitled.jpg

:drool:

They won't do a show without seats in the round anymore, not going to happen. A permeable LED screen to shoot spotlights through as seen here would be a cool touch though.

Why does this keep getting said like its fact? It's only been the last 3 tours that they've done this. Seems silly to design and build this type of stage and technology for a one off performance.

Much as I dislike the constant use of performance based videos, this is definitely their best one, Larry standing is a nice touch, nod to Kraftwerk perhaps?

I think you're right, Larry is even dressed like them! :yes:

Awesome video, apart from the lip synch problem.

Why does this keep getting said like its fact? It's only been the last 3 tours that they've done this. Seems silly to design and build this type of stage and technology for a one off performance.

You're right...

Which is why it was the effects of the screen were likely done in post production, not done live.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

My guess is that the tour will make use of this staging, including the return of the floating microphone. And a more minimalistic, mono chromatic look would seem to make sense (and be very welcome) after all the bright colours and over the top staging of 360.

Modern, monochromatic, and minimalist. I like it.

Sent via owl

You're right...

Which is why it was the effects of the screen were likely done in post production, not done live.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Or the reverse? I haven't really paid close attention, but it could just be them lining Bono/others up with the screen for a few key shots, ie mimicking pre-shot actions and positions from the screen.

Very pretty video. They look great, and there's a lot of energy there. I liked it. Rarely for a video, it even made me appreciate the song (which I already liked) a bit more. Actually I think it's probably one of the best U2 videos I've ever seen.

I do wish they would have included some crowd noise during the performance and not just at the end. That's probably just a reflection of my favouring U2 live performances. And is it me or was Bono's lip sync a bit off? I realise that it wasn't a genuine live performance, but the audio didn't always seem to match up what was going on in the video.

That's the same thing I thought ! I thought it was only me..

The current YouTube counter says only 95,000 people have watched the video even though it's been up for 13 hours. If that's correct, it's a pretty pathetic total.

I think you're right, Larry is even dressed like them! :yes:

Awesome video, apart from the lip synch problem.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. It irks me more than it should, but god, how hard is it to synchronize a video for a band like U2? :doh:

Overall pretty good video, it shows the band members' characteristics well. :wink:

I love it!! Sure it's not their most creative video but this song really lends itself to being performed live so the video is very appropriate. I can't wait to chant "There is no them...there's only us" at future U2 shows!

Is the sync problem really a "lip sync" problem or a technical sync problem with the video? On You Tube, a lot of videos seem to be out of sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom